PDA

View Full Version : Bevel and Emboss is screwd up?

ScottyDoesntKnow
12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok im a beginner in photoshop and im just trying to do buttons and web site templates(just so i get used to the countrols and try different stuff) now on the top header of the site im using bevel and emboss so that it creates te illusion that it is 3d and comes out toward the user. Now i selected the header and modified it(contract) so that i got the inside of the header. I created a new layer used the eyedropper, got a color, and filled the selection in. Now i went to bevel and emboss and tried to set it so that the inner part creates the illusion of setting inside. Then I would put a banner or something inside of that area. But to change the illusion i need to change the angle of shading. But when I change it all the other bevel and emboss that are in the document change along with it. So how do i set the angle shader on individual layers?

kraal
12-17-2005, 04:53 PM
if you arre saying what i think you are all you need to do is uncheck that button that says ' use global lighting'

ScottyDoesntKnow
12-18-2005, 01:27 AM
hey thanks kraal. Your right. Sorry i went a bit over on the intro. But Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2005, 01:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.