PDA

View Full Version : Question: Changing the brush size

leobia75
12-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Is it possible in Photoshop to change the size of the brush interactively like happens in Zbrush pressing the S key?

ctp
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
I have no experience with Z-brush, but I guess you mean something like holding the S-key and then mouse/pen drag to alter the brush size?

I'm pretty sure the answer is "No" - But wait, there's more!
If you're using Photoshop CS or CS2, you can go to Edit > Keyboard Shotcuts and look under the shortcuts for Tools. You can set a key for increasing brush size and a key for decreasing. It works quite ok I think.

Chill.

roguenroll
12-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I use the {} keys to change brush size, but my be different on, say euro keyboards, Ive heard.

leobia75
12-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank u for your reply ctp and roguenroll :)
I guess you mean something like holding the S-key and then mouse/pen drag to alter the brush size?
Exactly.It's an easy and fast way to change the brush size without loosing too much time.

arielmedel
12-18-2005, 04:14 PM
One, stupid question, in photoshop CS, how do you set the brush so it goes from a big size to a small size in the same stroke, also how do you make it fade. I was able to do this in precious versions of photoshop but I canīt seem to find it in the CS version. Thanks.

ctp
12-18-2005, 10:13 PM
arielmedel: You select your Brush Tool. Go to Window > Brushes , to make sure you see the Brushes palette. In the Brushes palette click on Shape Dynamics to select it. Under Size Jitter set Control to Fade and enter a number for how many steps it takes, eg. 50. (This means your brush size fades, not the brush's opacity)
For the Opacity fade, click on Other Dynamics to select those. Under Opacity Jitter set Control to Fade and enter what number you like there.

see attached image...

http://www.ctp3d.net/brushes.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2005, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.