PDA

View Full Version : Sweet god, someone wanna give me a hand here?

Elucid Concepts
12-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I've been scanning in some concept sketches I've been doing for my CG movie, and it looks so much better on paper. The shading didn't come through properly, some lines were missing, some lines looked messy.

Here is a shot:
http://photobucket.com/albums/c387/ElucidConcepts/?action=view&current=FaceofEvon4.jpg

Is there an inking tip, or a scanning tip that someone can recoomend to raise the quality?
BTW, please also drop by some critiques, as I don't usually draw characters. These are some of my first facial drawings, so any C + C is most welcome.

Kirt
12-17-2005, 05:35 AM
What are your scanner settings at? From the looks of it, you're not scanning with enough gray scale levels. Check you dpi settings and gray scales. If you can get a decent scan with all of your lines showing (even if it seems dark) you can adjust levels with Photoshop to get the detail that you'd like.

Squibbit
12-17-2005, 05:55 AM
yea i always lower brightness and contrast when scanning penciled stuff

and adjust dpi if needed

All can be fixed then in Photoshop, as Kirt said

arielmedel
12-17-2005, 10:59 PM
IŽd work a little more on the pencils before coloring it. Maybe you could use reference.

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2005, 10:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.