PDA

View Full Version : Vue xStream available for pre-orders!!!

FrozenSun
12-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that Vue xStream is now available for pre-orders. More info available at the e-on website or the direct link is:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_5_xStream/

richcz3
12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Good. i'd like to see how stable and effective it is for MAYA/MAX users before the Lightwave version is made available. This should be interesting.

Flog
12-16-2005, 10:45 PM
This is exactly why I hate Maya and Max. All these cool tools for the hardest to use programs. Bleh.

I'm waiting for a C4d version or a Lightwave version.

harlan_hill
12-16-2005, 10:54 PM
The thing I like about e-on is that they always seem to showcase a cannabis plant in their samples. :)

Check out the detailed features page for a sample.

chrisWhite
12-16-2005, 11:11 PM
So how many different versions of Vue are we up to now? I've personally yet to be that impressed with it yet, it's come a long way but it still feels like the Bryce competitor it started out as. That said, it does look cool that they are letting you bring the Vue stuff in to Maya/Max for a one pass render.

FrozenSun
12-17-2005, 04:44 AM
The nice thing is besides the ecosytems and solid growth you can also have atmospheric effects and of course having skies is nice especially in Maya. Also for the animation portion, like breeze and other stuff. It just makes it a lot easier in my opinion. As for the comment about it being a Bryce competitor, well Vue burried Bryce a long time ago. Bryce is like a relic.:D

MidnightRunner
12-17-2005, 05:53 AM
This is exactly why I hate Maya and Max. All these cool tools for the hardest to use programs. Bleh.
I'm waiting for a C4d version or a Lightwave version.

At least, you are going to have it!
What about the other users(not MAX/MAYA/C4D/LW users)?

rocarpen
12-17-2005, 06:39 AM
The site mentions compatibility with Maya software, Maya Mental Ray, and 3ds Max Mental Ray, but no VRay. Too bad. I really like the look of the software, but for my archvis work VRay compatibility is a must.

CupOWonton
12-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I really like the look of the software, but for my archvis work VRay compatibility is a must.

I totaly agree.
Though, mentalray IS faster than it was in max 7, it's still slower than Vray.

schuubars
12-17-2005, 09:25 AM
but the price is a bit salted for a interchange plugin...

TRick
12-17-2005, 09:56 AM
...That said, it does look cool that they are letting you bring the Vue stuff in to Maya/Max for a one pass render.

I thought Vue4Pro and Vue5Inf were advertised to do so...and now there comes an equally expensive plugin...with probably the allknown Eon-Issues for the first few years. If I learnt one thing in the last years: I buy when it's workable, not a second earlier !!!

Mike.H
12-17-2005, 12:12 PM
i think that goes for every software out there, sadly enough tho :)

as for xStream it will also be available for xsi users and in the future perhaps for other packages.

more notes itīs not a new vue app perse, you will either have to have v5Infinite if you would like to edit directly inside of max/maya/c4d/lw/xsi or if youīre settled with just loading vue stuff inside of max/maya etc without being able to edit it there you can skip the v5I license, so itīs a cross between a standalone thingy and a plugin depending on what you want to get out of it but obviously itīs real value comes with a v5I license.

trick: the difference is that you can work with your vue content inside of max/maya and if you have v5I also edit it, instead of just exporting content back and forth.

Mahlon
12-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Looks great. But does this mean if you have 10 nodes in a farm, you'd have to buy 10 licenses to use them all?

Can I use network rendering with xStream?
Yes. You can use any Max/Maya distributed network rendering solution (such as Backburner).
Can I use a single xStream license for network rendering?
You need to purchase a separate license for each render node.

That's a lot of money for small shops. Doesn't Vue5 have unlimited rendering nodes?

Mahlon

TRick
12-17-2005, 06:41 PM
...You need to purchase a separate license for each render node...

:eek: We are talking about E-on here, aren't we ? Unlimited MentalRay rendernodes for Max8 and $500 for EACH XStream Rendernode ? We CG-ers must have a reputation as the ones that can be fooled the most :D

erlik
12-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Doesn't Vue5 have unlimited rendering nodes?

Vue Infinite comes with 5 nodes. IIRC, 25 more cost $750, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
I think it's a case of waiting and seeing with xStream. If a studio or freelancer can see a gap in their pipeline that this can fill they will give it a try...I am sure of that.
It's being advertised as a "Pro solution", so all I hope is that it has been alpha and beta tested by people and studios within that market and given a full workout before this release...otherwise any weaknesses (flexability or stability) will be obvious.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.