PDA

View Full Version : maya 7 hardware texturing problem

danstar10
12-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi all;

i am running maya 7 with an MSI Geforce 6800

i am having problems with the hardware texturing function in the viewport, i.e. when i try to view my models with a texture assigned. basically the textures seem to mess up, they go all grey and streaky and are not aligned atall as i had alligned them.

the textures render out fine but when i am viewing and manipulating my model and i want to see it with the texture applied (the 'hardware texturing' option is ticked in the 'shadig' tab on the top of the viewport), it all goes wired.

it is the same story in the UV texture editor, even if a texture is alligned perfectly, the texture in UV texture editor will show it as grey and streaky and unaligned, which makes it very difficult to use the UV editor!

Please Help!!

cpan
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
try adding...
MAYA_NON_POWER_TWO_OFF = 1;
...to your Maya.env file (it's in My Documents\maya\7.0) to allow maya to display every texture as it should, not only 256/512/1024/etc ones ;)

hope this was the problemo :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.