PDA

View Full Version : Finally done! give it a whirl>

atomizer
11-25-2002, 03:03 AM
W0_0hay! CGtalk has a flash forum! thats great! I want to start off by showing off somthing I've finished recently>

http://www.cog1.com/ministry/annual/final/webopen.html

And here I go, a little introduction :D ....

First off it has a lot under its hood, very little tweens and buckets loads of script, it was build in mind to be extra flexible; ...wile taking around 90 hours to build the next album Ministry will release and want similar thing for will only take a day ar two to do> one day to design a new 'skin' and another to implement all the changes so it was an overall good investment on the clients part, I think...

The frustrating part was the back end for the 'tab poetry' It was all working with PHP and MySQL but last minute changes meant I had to use Oracle instead and that sucked foul eggs. In the end got help from some dude on the clients end, this guy was inhuman, he has a MA in Physics from MIT and another one in Computer science from Stanford , + he can read so fast I was like whaaa!!!! A whole 200+ piece of text in under 3 second, with time to reply :eek:

Anyway check it out and give me any usefull feedback you may have, personaly the music is not my cup of tea but I think the design works well with the demographic it was aimed at... enough braging... enjoy :cool:

Flog
11-25-2002, 05:20 AM
This has nice style and very interesting. I don't think you did this, to professional looking. Just kiddin, this is very very great use of Flash and design. Keep up the good work!!!

atomizer
11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
cheers flog, I’m a full fledged web designer so nothing less than professional would do, especially the way things are now..

JBruckner
11-27-2002, 12:49 AM
The CD is so cool, great work, very special. Flash is the best.

Yoda
11-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Really cool. Very pro. :)

Just a minor point - one of the track title was "Safr from harm" - is it meant to be "Safe from harm"?

Gentle Fury
11-27-2002, 03:42 AM
that is awesome!!!!

I love it when someone actually knows how to use flash the way its intended......great work.....and the sound is incredible!!!

Love how the cd starts and stops and how the patterns go to the beat!!!

Keep it up and keep on posting!!

atomizer
11-27-2002, 04:09 AM
thanks for the props everyone :bounce:

Yoda> no I've just checked its indeed called 'safr from harm' :shrug:

Flog
11-27-2002, 08:45 PM
i LOVE THAT DESIGN on your website. very very simple but great. I'll have to do something similiar to that for my sight, can't wait to see updates, I bookmarked it:applause:

suffix
11-28-2002, 12:34 AM
how did you do the eq and the graphics that react to the amplitute? I've seen some flash stuff that do that and i know that supposedly in flash MX you can do this.. but i haven't seen how you would access that from the sound... do tell!

suffix
11-28-2002, 12:35 AM
by the way it looks great!

proton
11-28-2002, 12:52 AM
great job.....I love the attention to detail on this one!

atomizer
11-29-2002, 06:57 AM
I'm glad you’ve enjoyed checking out my work Flog, yeah the site is in a desperate need of an update... I'm just kicking around some ideas now, I'm gonna go for something very simple but slick as hell :)

suffix> your right, I did use amplitude values to control the animation of the Cd + graphics and the equalizer. The technique is something along these lines http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Audio/Flash_Au-Inn_Chan-849/index.php but I went for 'flashamp' instead to get the values, look it up on google if you’re interested...

theirs a command in MX to get mic amp values from your system but for it to work you have to have your sound card set-up in a specific way. And it’s a bit buggy…

Armin
11-29-2002, 11:24 AM
smooth CD movement
but the whole project needs updates...
and i think lets start a music forum too:buttrock:
ha ha

good work again
Armin,

suffix
11-29-2002, 06:57 PM
thanks for the tip atomizer, i'm gonna download this and try it out! oh i;m so excitied!!! :giggle: now i can finally work with amplitutude in Flash an dnot just in director! JOY!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.