PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions about sprites

misterJoj
12-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi

i have 3 questions about Sprites :

1) i would like to add a "Glow Per particule" effect. But it's not in the list of the gerenal attributes we can add. how can I do that

2) I mapped the sprites with a sequenced texture. I've 3 different frames, i want it to change randomly. I added an expression : file1.frameExtension=rand(1,3)
and the problem is that it changes randomly but on every sprites a the same time.
id like to change the frame randomly through every single sprites. something like "file1.frameExtensionPP"
maybe we can create an attribute, but i don't know how to do that.

3)My sprites are emited from surface, from a cube.I want them to slide allong the surface. I set the speed on 0 and added an uniform field.But the sprites always face the camera.i want them to stay parallele with the surface., i don't know if it's clear.

Actually, i want to create the "matrix" effect. When Neo see the world like a matrix.
like that :
http://www.ultimatesavers.com/ScreenShots/2000/2531s.gif

thank you!

DJ_
12-15-2005, 09:11 PM
How about animating textures?

Aikiman
12-15-2005, 09:16 PM
With my limited knowledge of sprites I still may be able to offer you some advice.

1. Currently, there is now glow attribute for sprites, you have to add an opacityPP and lower it a little then rely on the 'Use Lighting' flag and sprite overlap to create a glow effect.

2. You have to make a creation expr. for the spritenum so that each sprite begins on a different frame, then a runtime expr. for them to change randomly after that.

3. Sprites always face the camera so what you are trying to achieve will be differcult if not darn right impossible. Your best bit would be to animate a texture down an object, that I believe is your answer to your problem.

misterJoj
12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok thanks, i'll use animated texture.

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.