PDA

View Full Version : NEW over the hedge trailer.

SheepFactory
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1396880&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Enjoy!

-Ali

ivanisavich
12-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Meh. Didn't do anything for me.

Dennik
12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Meeh, not bad. Not great either.

visionmaster2
12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
must be cool to watch, thanks for the info !

cJaynes
12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm going to have to go with a meeh too. Still not sure about this movie, but I will be optimistic

Rodi
12-15-2005, 07:08 PM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1396880&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Enjoy!

-Ali

Thanks for the link ALi,

her zaman ismini goruyorum ama turk oldugunu hic dusunmemistim, silly me!! cok iyi boyle, biraz gorunelim,

rcronin
12-15-2005, 07:19 PM
The whole genre is getting tiring. I think that 2006 is the year audiences start to yawn at full cg kids movies and the repetition of them all. But fortunately there are millions of parents who need to entertain their kids with media and have the money to do so.

Dennik
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
The whole genre is getting tiring. I think that 2006 is the year audiences start to yawn at full cg kids movies and the repetition of them all. But fortunately there are millions of parents who need to entertain their kids with media and have the money to do so.

I think there is a validity in this concern. This prospector attitude towards animated movie production, has to stop, or else this year's low in box office revenues will go even lower and lower. And some realy clever and funny movies may be lost in the average movie crowd.

Unled
12-15-2005, 07:39 PM

I completely agree with this..that being said though, I think this film looks like fun. Some of the voice acting selections are pretty good (Shatner!) and it looks like a nice jab at typical suburban living which could be cool.

gavin_hughes
12-15-2005, 07:42 PM
oh yea.. sure... we say this now after pixar has over saturated the bloody market with lesser than "me-too" predictable monotnous- plots and story lines....
im sure you all wont say this about talking cars who race for some reason.

that movie has a different "feel" to it. more hand-drawn cartoonish feel rather than the whole "3d-squash-stretch" we're so accustomed to by now.
im looking foward to it.

ivanisavich
12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Well...I agree that the "suburbical living from the perspectives of small animals" idea could have been fun....but this movie just looks dumb. They seem to have concentrated entirely on slapstick humor and have forgotten that there is much more to a successful comedy than that.

ivanisavich
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
And on a technical note....the lighting and shaders of the neighbourhood seem really flat. It's got the visual quality of the neighbourhood in the original Toy Story...and that was made 10 years ago.

Capel
12-15-2005, 08:44 PM
OH MY GOSH THAT MOVIE LOOKS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!

ok, but seriously, it's pretty funny. i think you guys'll be pleasently surprised. :)

Dennik
12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
OH MY GOSH THAT MOVIE LOOKS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!

ok, but seriously, it's pretty funny. i think you guys'll be pleasently surprised. :)

Okay Chris, i'll cut you some slack on that one :)

ivanisavich
12-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Hehe....ok I'll go see it for you Capel ;)

Gotta support my fellow animators!

P_T
12-16-2005, 02:26 AM
i love the joke about the SUV!!

"it's sooo big... how many humans fit in it?"
"usually... one."

[OT rant] One of the stupidest thing I see in city streets are those shiney SUVs with only ONE person in it. These vehicles are meant for people like The Crocodile Hunter who actually use it to drive off road. Need space? drive a van/mini van or pickup truck depending wat you use it for coz you don't need 4WD to get over the speed bump.

Shaderhacker
12-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Yea, it does look a little tiring.. I don't know.. I want to see something more innovative in CG. Every CG movie that's coming out next year doesn't seem to strike out innovation..

-M

trakeen
12-16-2005, 03:05 AM
I'm not a fan of dreamworks animated films (except for shrek)

count me in when cars comes out though. pixar 0wns me

DaJuice
12-16-2005, 03:28 AM
I think this trailer is much nicer than the first one. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

JeroenDStout
12-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Actually, it wasn't good but it wasn't bad. Looks like a "rent it" movie for short entertainment :)

thematt
12-16-2005, 07:41 PM
mmm..looks funny and nice but I'll save my bucks for open season i think as it seems more different..ok maybe I'll see both :)

good work again fellow .

cheers

jasonsco
12-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Granted, Chris and I are biased, but I do honestly think it's a pretty funny movie with some really touching moments, and I can't disagree more with the "flat shading" look . . . it's probably not coming off well in the trailer on the 'Net, but I think it's one of the most amazing looking CG films so far.

MrKS
12-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Don't think i really want to see this movie considering so many cg-movies coming up soon. I may reserve my bucks for open season and cars. But its a movie industry so you never know, movies can a be hit even if sometimes they are not that great AND this is just a trailer!

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2005, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.