PDA

View Full Version : THE DREAM JOURNAL: Post here an IMAGE of a DREAM

RobertoOrtiz
12-15-2005, 05:39 PM
OK USE THIS THREAD
to post on this thread an IMAGE of a dream you have had.

You can post as many dream images as you wish.

and if you have problem keeping your dreams, just create a journal.
The concept is simple. you wake up and inmediatly write down
about that pink elephant you saw...and then show us a
sketch of pinkie the elephant.

Looking forward to your dreams.

-R

MeliHitchcock
12-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh my, I might go crazy over board as I have a dream journal that needs lots of art revising...

"Aspen Haven"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Silaria/Aspen_Haven_by_MeliHitchcock.jpg
Journal Snippet:
This time I was totally determined to reach that top [of the hill mound] no matter what. Grabbing hold of the grass and dirt, I used them to pull myself up slowly until I reached the top. Laying on my tummy on the fresh green grass, I pulled my legs up onto the edge of the hill then stood up. Taking in the atmosphere, I was totally in awe at my surroundings. It had been completely untouched by human hands and I saw nothing but silvery white flowers and trees all around me. Carpeting the ground were white ‘flowers’ that looked very similar to Dandelions when they had their seeds; all round and puffy like. Towering above them were white aspen like trees with silvery leaves that shimmered on the soft wind. I began to walk through the area, feeling drawn into the location by it’s sheer beauty. I soon found myself turning down a narrow passage flanked by two rock faces, and just beyond the passage it opened up to reveal a town. This small village was nicely kept; very neat and orderly. And, to my delight, was populated solely by various artists of different professions: musicians, painters, potters, writers, poets etc. No one worked for a living, rather, when new people came they were given a home and everyone contributed willingly within the community. People traded their craft with others who needed things. I ended up walking into a gentleman’s home, who was quite happy to meet me, then through the small streets looking at the various shops available before I woke up.

"Will you aid me in my efforts?"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Silaria/Will_you_aid_me_in_my_efforts__by_M.jpg
Journal Snippet:
I was traveling with a guy across a field when we happened into this forest area. We were traveling down this wide dirt road, talking about how we needed to elude this pursuer. Anyway, the guy I was with hands me this large black sheet and proceeds to tell me to wrap it around me and make myself "appear like them." Well, I wasn't sure who "they" were, but I did know that they were out there searching for me. Quickly I wrapped this large velvety cloak like blanket around me, pulling it over my head to obscure my features. No sooner had I done this, when a noise of large flapping wings came behind me and settled into the tall dark trees. It was one of them, a ringwraith, and I could feel the gaze and breath of the fell beast he rode on but I was too afraid to look at it.

"I am seeking some one, perhaps you would be willing to assist me?" He asked in a deep, hissing voice to the man. The gentlemen, shaken, shook his head no and said that he was on his way to a friend's house. So the wraith then addressed me. "Perhaps you, female? Will you aid me in my efforts?"

"No, I fear I cannot." I said, trying desperately to cover my face from view. "I am going to visit my sick sister."

With that, the large winged creature took to the sky and disappeared into the horizon in search by himself.

I really hope that the additional text isn't too much. There are some dreams that I remember a LOT of detail and they can be winded. If it's too long I'll try and edit what I can.

Would it be acceptable to put descriptions about the image from the dream? Like clips from the journal itself?

RobertoOrtiz
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Would it be acceptable to put descriptions about the image from the dream? Like clips from the journal itself?

Go ahead, post it.
It sounds like an awesome idea...

-R

Mu
12-16-2005, 09:39 AM
MeliHitchcock - intruiging sketches especially along with your journal snippets! How generous to share them. I think I will give this a try, too.

I soon found myself turning down a narrow passage flanked by two rock faces, and just beyond the passage it opened up to reveal a town. This small village was nicely kept; very neat and orderly. And, to my delight, was populated solely by various artists of different professions: musicians, painters, potters, writers, poets etc.

[...]when new people came they were given a home and everyone contributed willingly within the community. People traded their craft with others who needed things. I ended up walking into a gentleman’s home, who was quite happy to meet me, then through the small streets looking at the various shops available before I woke up.

btw, this sounds like your subconsciousnesses symbol of your CGTalk membership:scream:

EyeDrive
12-21-2005, 06:28 PM
The fountain of Youth

Mu
12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
eyeDrive - I can't load the attachment... I always get an error message, saying the file is corrupted... How about using an image host (imageshack, photobucket), btw? You can upload images and post them inline using the image icon (mountain/sun in the editor). Simply paste the url into it.:)

Here's my dream sketch (hmmm, really after such refined works I should make a note to spend more time on this for the next entry...)

My mother died March this year. Sometimes she appears in my dreams. In this dream, however, I was rushing into her house, which for some strange reason was set in L.A., which it was not in real life.
I mean, neither me nor her have ever been to the U.S... If ever I find out what L.A. generally signifies in dreams this whole dream might get a drift in some direction. Maybe something with cosmetic surgery...?

I wonder sometimes what my subconsciousness is trying to tell me.

It really looked like I imagine L.A., though, and her house was on a hill. I knew I had to get in there and find the few personal things she left. I don't know what it was, maybe photos or letters, I never got round to actually take a look at the things - they were lying in a wall-cupboard and I grabbed them, held them close to my chest and ran away like a madman.

I later stood outside on a hill and watched the city and the seashore. I never cared to take a closer look at the things I considered so important.

When I woke up I never could remember wether I felt content or sad or regretful at that moment.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/mkayi/mymothershouse.jpg

Lman
12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I had this Image in a dream I also had one where i was in a street at the dead of night snow on the ground i turn a in to a new street whats there only 5 or 6 wolves. there not happy and things dont look good i pick up a stick or something and throw it behind them in a hope to distract them this fails and they come at me! it ended then, SO safe to say then its a bad oman. :(

well hope you like the pic. :)
click on it to see it big >>>>)))x(((<<<<

http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc296/th_edb61_dream.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc296&image=edb61_dream.jpg)

Loulu79
12-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh my, I might go crazy over board as I have a dream journal that needs lots of art revising...

"Aspen Haven"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Silaria/Aspen_Haven_by_MeliHitchcock.jpg
Journal Snippet:
This time I was totally determined to reach that top [of the hill mound] no matter what. Grabbing hold of the grass and dirt, I used them to pull myself up slowly until I reached the top. Laying on my tummy on the fresh green grass, I pulled my legs up onto the edge of the hill then stood up. Taking in the atmosphere, I was totally in awe at my surroundings. It had been completely untouched by human hands and I saw nothing but silvery white flowers and trees all around me. Carpeting the ground were white ‘flowers’ that looked very similar to Dandelions when they had their seeds; all round and puffy like. Towering above them were white aspen like trees with silvery leaves that shimmered on the soft wind. I began to walk through the area, feeling drawn into the location by it’s sheer beauty. I soon found myself turning down a narrow passage flanked by two rock faces, and just beyond the passage it opened up to reveal a town. This small village was nicely kept; very neat and orderly. And, to my delight, was populated solely by various artists of different professions: musicians, painters, potters, writers, poets etc. No one worked for a living, rather, when new people came they were given a home and everyone contributed willingly within the community. People traded their craft with others who needed things. I ended up walking into a gentleman’s home, who was quite happy to meet me, then through the small streets looking at the various shops available before I woke up.

"Will you aid me in my efforts?"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Silaria/Will_you_aid_me_in_my_efforts__by_M.jpg
Journal Snippet:
I was traveling with a guy across a field when we happened into this forest area. We were traveling down this wide dirt road, talking about how we needed to elude this pursuer. Anyway, the guy I was with hands me this large black sheet and proceeds to tell me to wrap it around me and make myself "appear like them." Well, I wasn't sure who "they" were, but I did know that they were out there searching for me. Quickly I wrapped this large velvety cloak like blanket around me, pulling it over my head to obscure my features. No sooner had I done this, when a noise of large flapping wings came behind me and settled into the tall dark trees. It was one of them, a ringwraith, and I could feel the gaze and breath of the fell beast he rode on but I was too afraid to look at it.

"I am seeking some one, perhaps you would be willing to assist me?" He asked in a deep, hissing voice to the man. The gentlemen, shaken, shook his head no and said that he was on his way to a friend's house. So the wraith then addressed me. "Perhaps you, female? Will you aid me in my efforts?"

"No, I fear I cannot." I said, trying desperately to cover my face from view. "I am going to visit my sick sister."

With that, the large winged creature took to the sky and disappeared into the horizon in search by himself.

I really hope that the additional text isn't too much. There are some dreams that I remember a LOT of detail and they can be winded. If it's too long I'll try and edit what I can.

:lightbulb :

The first dream seems to mean that your artistic endeavours is getting you to a place you're in harmony with. Your hard work is paying off:

("I was totally determined to reach that top [of the hill mound] no matter what. Grabbing hold of the grass and dirt, I used them to pull myself up slowly until I reached the top. Laying on my tummy on the fresh green grass, I pulled my legs up onto the edge of the hill then stood up.")

And it is showing that you like where you are at with other artists. Are you in a studio sharing projects together? Or is this how you feel when you're online at CGtalk?

If no one has to get paid to live...then it feels like no one is struggling to make ends meet. I also sense that, that is how you view happiness: Not having to do anything to earn a living...just being yourself is all that matters.

Oh I do hope that'll be our future in this so-called real realm. ;)

The second one apparently seems to mean that, that is how you assume you need to behave in this realm: Concealed, fearful and suspicious about those who appear sly.

I may get that inaccurate...but what does this creature symbolize for you? For some...a hint of a serpent...would mean wisdom...or an evil presence to another person.

Okay I'll sketch out one of my weird dreams to be fair and square. :)

Happy New Year Everyone! :wip:

billcunningham
01-02-2006, 07:36 AM
This is from a nightmare I had some years ago...

Walking down a busy street with a park to my right and non-stop traffic to my left. This guy starts walking alongside me from the park, then I feel something slam into my back, and realize that was the handle of a knife... the blade went in so deep I felt the handle hit my back.

I quickly try to cross the street to get away, but I get halfway across and the opposite lane of traffic will not let me by. Now cars start coming in the lane I'm standing in. The guy is waiting for me on the curb.

I can either get hit by a car, or go back to him:

http://static.flickr.com/41/80768653_2c57c7d208_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=80768653&size=o)

Then I woke up.

Mu
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
creepy! creepy and frightening!

but great moody painting - feel like giving details on software etc?

Vahn
01-03-2006, 10:45 PM
mr mu : my guess is either Artrage + photoshop or painter :)

billcunningham
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Actually, it's Painter IX with a wacom tablet.

Thanks!

franckkobolt
01-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi,
This image is a part of a dream I had this week. Me and my girlfriend are getting married in a forest.
I tried to represent the clothes as I saw these but there must be some kind of interpretation.
As usual in my dreams, the images that I see are a perfect reflection of life as It should be (according to me).
A beautiful woman, love, a mysterious forest, art, great colors and a little grainy effect.
In fact, I don't have many dreams, most are nightmares, so I wanted to represent this one instead of my
eternal demons.
Well, I guess that says all.

http://www.koboltart.com/pics/romance.jpg

2 hours/alias sketchbook/photoshop cs

my wip (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=305652)

Mu
01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
art, great colors and a little grainy effect.

Well, if you ever needed an evidence that being an illustrator/artist was your true calling you should find it here:scream:

I have never dreamt a paper structure I am sure!:scream:

Wonderful dress and beautifully rendered atmosphere of perfection in present

Vyse-soa
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
A Dream Journal, great... :thumbsup:
I'll try to post from time to time.

Zephyri
01-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Great idea for a thread! And franck kobolt, thats one of the most gorgeous interpretations of a dream I've seen, not to mention a quite lovely piece of art. Do you mind me asking how long it took and what software you used?

billcunningham, I love the texture in that piece, and your dreams sound very much like my own.

Mel! Great to see you taking the plunge and joining CGTalk! And great images too, lovely sense of actually capturing what you saw in your mind on the second one with the wraith rider.

Now I'll have to start keeping a dream log so I can participate!

billcunningham
01-10-2006, 02:46 AM
billcunningham, I love the texture in that piece, and your dreams sound very much like my own.

I'm so sorry! :)

Hideyoshi
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.hideyoshi-ruwwe.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/t-rex-dream_small.jpg

yeah, that's what I dreamed tonight! T-Rex chasing me through kind of a shopping mall street with a glass dome and a decorative man-made pool in there. I couldn't quite manage to perfectly depict what it looked like in my dream, the area was much more vast.

MeliHitchcock
01-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Loulu79 (http://member.php?u=147303)

Hey thanks for the interpretation. :) I always loved that first dream I posted a lot. And I’ve always wanted to go back there in my dreams but haven’t dreamed that again, sadly. I was so content and happy that when I woke up, it actually depressed me. It’s like I found my little nirvana, my happy place, my sanctuary.

Are you in a studio sharing projects together? Or is this how you feel when you're online at CGtalk?
I’m actually in an office with two Autocad people. ;) Dunno if I could classify that as an artist, more a drafter. So I guess that would plant me in a solitary environment; both at work and home. I’m like a hermit crab. I only expose myself when I need to move around. Hehe

To be truthful, I was actually very intimidated to join CGTalk. Every time I popped by the forums I’d see all this wonderful art and pro level material and just thought, “I will be laughed at if I post my work there…” (I don’t always hold a high value on my artwork. :p) So for the longest time I never posted here even though I’d registered a while ago. Stupid silly inhibitions!

But anyway, you did hit it solidly about my personal view on work. :) Though I could never see that ever happening in our reality… I don’t think a brain surgeon wants to take a pay cut. :p

The second dream… oyi where to start. Any dream with Tolkien related material is always weird and fun. Anything with Ringwraiths… are just plain farkin awesome. :D Usually what happens is if they are seeking me out, I’m running and hiding from them. If I’m seeking them out, they run and hide from me. It’s like a big game of Catch Me if you Can. I’m sure somewhere in my subconscious they are representing something about myself but I have yet to figure it out so I just sit and enjoy the dream. Though I get pretty frustrated when they run from me… all I want to do is give them my heart felt affection. :-*

That dream actually continued on further I just didn’t post it since it didn’t relate to the illustration. But eventually I came to a house with a stable attached to the side. I was talking to some woman who lived there, and I took off my cloak thinking I was safe. Well, lo and behold, Mr. Ringier returns and he basically called BS on my story. The fell beast he rode turned into a Frisian horse and he rode up to me, but I made some remark about how those horses didn’t exist during this time and it disappeared. Then the ringwraith was on his feet and I saw the richness of his armor and clothing and I felt smitten by him. After that point, I took his hand and we wandered into a rock shop of all things.

To be honest I have no idea where to begin trying to analyze it, so I just take it as an adventure dream.

Zepyhri (http://member.php?u=157196)

Yeah I finally plucked up the courage to post. Hehe After a while I just stared at all the resources here and reading through the WIP stuff and my brain just snapped and said, “Yo, foo. Post dat art up!” Well maybe not like Mr. T but something similar. :P

Hideyoshi (http://member.php?u=132718)

LOL That is a great image! Conjures up a lot of dreams I’ve had with rampaging T-Rexes.

HAL9k
01-15-2006, 12:44 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/123slyguy/SLY%20GUY/artwork3.jpg

This image is of my first lucid dream experience...It was also my first recurring dream...

InKraBid
01-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi, just saw this thread, remembered one of my early pictures (pre-tablet).
I woke up from this dream with a pain in one of my arms, and this was the only thing I remembered of the nightmare. Done with pencil on paper, colored in photoshop with a mouse.
http://images.artwanted.com/large/95/5518_77795.jpg

billcunningham
01-18-2006, 12:21 AM
The moral of that dream is, of course:

"Never feed the hand that bites you."

Ba-dump BUMP! (Thank you, here all week...)

djtrousdale
01-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Last night I was part of a professional sports team, for some new sport that combined swimming, basketball, and online gaming.... It seemed like forever to get ready, then I woke up before the game was over... I think we were winning though.
:D
Anyone want to illustrate that?

Mu
01-20-2006, 06:18 PM
for some new sport that combined swimming, basketball, and online gaming.... It seemed like forever to get ready, then I woke up before the game was over... I think we were winning though.

:scream:
Oh man, do you always have such hilarious dreams?

irmeli
01-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I was walking in a clothing store in a mall, then I grabbed a coat, started running and suddenly I flew!

http://www.artbug.net/bilder/dream.jpg

djtrousdale
01-20-2006, 08:57 PM
:scream:
Oh man, do you always have such hilarious dreams?

:D HAha, I think I have ones that are much better, I just can't seem to recall them as well as others. :shrug:

ClausSimonsen
01-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Irmeli! What a delightful little set of action sketches! Sounds like a cool dream. I love the flying dreams.

I had a really great dream once that was a real life game where you got into this huge mech and ran around on this course. They were taller than buildings and some could fly. Mine was bigger than everyone else's. It was like being invincible. They had old junk cars lying around just so you could crush them in your hands. I wish I were better at drawing mechanical stuff. All the lines in my brain curve.

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2006, 04:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.