PDA

View Full Version : CNN A look at Nintendo's Revolution

RobertoOrtiz
12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Quote:
"Interesting factoid about the Nintendo Revolution controller: It's smaller and lighter than you might think.
I recently had the chance to get some hands-on time with the company's next generation console to see whether the Revolution was, in fact, revolutionary. While the controller I used was still a prototype (the final one will be a bit larger and will include a button to power the machine on and off), it gave me a good chance to see what to expect when the system launches next year. "

>>LINK<< (http://www.cnn.com/money/2005/12/15/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm?cnn=yes)

-R

Darktwin
12-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Regardless of what this article says, I'm still skeptical about this controller, I'm going to have to try it for myself before I make my final judgement. Its funny the writer never said anything critical about the controller, he completely praised it entirely....hmmm. I'm still not sure about this controller, but I do appreciate Nintendo's drive to be innovative, but then again, remember the power glove, lol.:shrug:

lovisx
12-15-2005, 05:11 PM
nice, it will be so neat to be playing a FPS be able to tilt the control to sway and avoid being hit by bullets, move the controller foward and back to zoom in and out and move your hand to move your point of view. That has two points better then a mouse, the zoom and the tilt.

P_T
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
So little faith... you remember the power glove, I remember the standard controller ppl use with Xbox/PS, those are pretty much Nintendo's brainchild too.

One thing I'm almost sure is that this controller will do well in Japan. They seem to be more open to new innovations than their western counterparts.

I'll get this too for sure and I can see how simplifying the game controller will get more ppl (who are otherwise put off by the complex button combos) to play games, specially at lower price that Nintendo's hinting. I can imagine mates playin together wavin their stick frantically in front of the TV, screamin at each other, oh this is gonna be so much fun!!

Revolution just might be the console that put Nintendo back on number one position.

CGmonkey
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Regardless of what this article says, I'm still skeptical about this controller, I'm going to have to try it for myself before I make my final judgement. Its funny the writer never said anything critical about the controller, he completely praised it entirely....hmmm. I'm still not sure about this controller, but I do appreciate Nintendo's drive to be innovative, but then again, remember the power glove, lol.:shrug:

Have you ever started thinking about that maybe there isn't anything critical about the controller?

Sonk
12-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Well, your not the only skeptical one, so far we havent see those "demo" well we seen so far as a trailer of people looking foolish in front of the TV ,swinging the remote controller wildly :)

I agree, its probably one of those things that you gotta experience to really enjoy(or not enjoy). FPS is something i play alot myself. RPG and fighters are also genre i buy in bulk, and i think they are more suited on a standard controller..making the remote controller kinda moot point IMO. (and no i dont want to buy a standard controller just to play those games..not a fan of addons, it should be standard).

nice, it will be so neat to be playing a FPS be able to tilt the control to sway and avoid being hit by bullets, move the controller foward and back to zoom in and out and move your hand to move your point of view. That has two points better then a mouse, the zoom and the tilt.

yeah, while your busy tilting and zooming, i'll headshot you in the game! nothing beats a mouse/keyboard combo as far as First Person Shooter goes. If you were to test a FPS, having one team with the Rev controller and one team with a keyboard/mouse ..i'll beat my money on the keyboard/mouse team, they would pwn the other guys!

I'll never go back to a controller for FPS, regardless of its 360,PS3,Rev.

Some food for thought, what if Sony included the EyeToy 2 as part of the PS3 package? The EyeToy2 can detect distance also and its not limited by a physical mediun(unlike the Rev remote) anything can be the controller. that would make for some interesting competition for Nintendo.

CupOWonton
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Im incredibly skeptical about a lot of things:
I'm skeptical of most anime fans I meet, even though I am one, I just hate the "OMG KAWAII" crowd-
I'm skeptical about how sertain plugins will work for max, so Im alwayse trying to find the best one I can whenever I'm told to buy a plugin for, Trees, Rendering, Etc.
I'm skeptical about how the US military is run, specificly how they RECRUIT people.
I'm skeptical about peoples plans of becoming rich over night
I'm skeptical about the shoes I buy when the laces fall appart in under a year, and all I ever do is walk between my car, my house, and my work.
And
I plain dislike most praised terragen renders strait from the software.

But, for some reason, the new Nintendo controler doesnt seem like a horrible idea.
I've immagined holding the remote in one hand, and the pod like controler stick in the other to my side, and, it doesnt seem to metaly drive me nuts. Though, I'd have to test it for myself, it sertainly seems like a less clunky idea like the POWER GLOVE. As cool as that old glove looked, it was just horrid to try and use. The only skeptical part about it to me seems to be that motion sensor for moving the controler, it seems like it might be a hastle at times. Maybe.

Cronholio
12-15-2005, 06:39 PM
If you were to test a FPS, having one team with the Rev controller and one team with a keyboard/mouse ..i'll beat my money on the keyboard/mouse team, they would pwn the other guys!

I'd take that bet. What you should realize is that this controller has a lot going for it as far as FPS games are concerned. Firstly moving a character with a thumbstick is a lot easier and much more precise than using WSAD keys, plus, it will be analog so you don't have to futz with modifier keys for walking or running. Secondly, aiming; It's point and shoot, with this controler, but even better you can push the view infinitely by pointing the controler just off the screen, it will make circle strafing a breeze. You can't do this with a mouse, and often times you actually have to pick the mouse up off the desk to redjust it when you've pushed too far off screen, relinquising control over your aim. You won't have that with this controler.

laureato di arte
12-15-2005, 07:19 PM
So little faith... you remember the power glove, I remember the standard controller ppl use with Xbox/PS, those are pretty much Nintendo's brainchild too.

true true very true

Neil
12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
They send out the 45 year old to review a kids platform. Nice.
Atleast most gaming sites have writers that are the target age of gaming platforms. Which lends more credability. Not that he can't hold an opinion, but it's just typical of CNN and TIME and all these other sources that keep trying to tackle these topics just to get the readers.

AJ
12-15-2005, 11:16 PM
They send out the 45 year old to review a kids platform.

I predict that comment will go down really well...

Sadly there is no smiley for "So sarcastic my eyebrows actually tore off my face & are stuck to my ceiling", so this will have to suffice : :p

ShadowHunter
12-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Atleast most gaming sites have writers that are the target age of gaming platforms. Which lends more credability. Not that he can't hold an opinion, but it's just typical of CNN and TIME and all these other sources that keep trying to tackle these topics just to get the readers.So they should send out a 10yr old to write an article for the Revolution? Nice :scream: :applause:

noisewar
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Atleast most gaming sites have writers that are the target age of gaming platforms. Which lends more credability. Not that he can't hold an opinion, but it's just typical of CNN and TIME and all these other sources that keep trying to tackle these topics just to get the readers.

A 45 yr old who knows jack squat about gaming, as you are implying, would be a much more reliable source for the ease of usability of this newfangled gadget. Did you even stop and think about that one? Yeesh.

erilaz
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
I predict that comment will go down really well...

Sadly there is no smiley for "So sarcastic my eyebrows actually tore off my face & are stuck to my ceiling", so this will have to suffice : :p

LOL!
Neil, prepare for some flamin' :D

Hazdaz
12-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Perfect for FISHING games!
I am soooo excited now!

JeroenDStout
12-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Neil, prepare for some flamin' :D
Don't worry, Neil, Hazdaz just took you off the bait :p

Hazdaz
12-16-2005, 01:54 AM
What?!? I can't get excited about my new favorite "next"-gen console?? I am super fantastic excited that I can now play all those fishing games that I haven't been able to play on my lowly XB or PC. I heard a rumor it's gonna be called Super Mario Fishing X-treme Challenge, and Donkey Kong himself is gonna make an appearance as a playable character. Wicked!

bleeper
12-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm still not sure about this controller, but I do appreciate Nintendo's drive to be innovative, but then again, remember the power glove, lol.:shrug:
Yep, Makes you wonder what Mattel was smoking back then.:curious:

Sonk
12-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Perfect for FISHING games!
I am soooo excited now!

ROFL, why dont you just go fishing in real life.... ;) or use this instead..

http://www.zoon42.com/dcaccessorypics/rod.jpg

<sarcasm> Oh yeah, i cant wait for that cooking game either!!!</sarcasm>

I'd take that bet. What you should realize is that this controller has a lot going for it as far as FPS games are concerned. Firstly moving a character with a thumbstick is a lot easier and much more precise than using WSAD keys, plus, it will be analog so you don't have to futz with modifier keys for walking or running. Secondly, aiming; It's point and shoot, with this controler, but even better you can push the view infinitely by pointing the controler just off the screen, it will make circle strafing a breeze. You can't do this with a mouse, and often times you actually have to pick the mouse up off the desk to redjust it when you've pushed too far off screen, relinquising control over your aim. You won't have that with this controler.

I swear, sometimes i think Nintedo is a religion, the way you speak about it, makes it seem like you actually put your hands on the Rev remote ;)

Despite, the religious vision you just shared with me, i'll still put my money on keyboard/mouse combo.

Cronholio
12-16-2005, 04:59 AM
No, I haven't used the Nintendo controller, but I have used a similar VR controller in a medical application a colleague of mine was working on, and recently a team of Japanese reaserchers demonstrated a similar wand controller at Siggraph which I also tested. My first thought was that these controls would be perfect for DoD. Truth be told I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo games, but I can see how this type of controller would be extremely well suited to an FPS, and I'm not thinking about doing anything ridiculous like tilting the controller to duck or dodge bullets. Just point and shoot, it doesn't get any better. It's the same as the mouse except you are actually pointing at what is on the screen and it's better than a mouse because the area of the control is the screen itself. It's probably going to make the mouse/keyboard combo feel downright clunky by comparison.

...oh and that SEGA fishing controller was awesome. That SEGA bass fishing game was seriously one of the most fun console games I played in the last 6 years, it was just too short. But what do I know, I must have some sort of predilection for gimmicky controllers because I played Seaman all the way through to the end ;p

Hazdaz
12-16-2005, 05:18 AM
<sarcasm> Oh yeah, i cant wait for that cooking game either!!!</sarcasm>

Dude, that is an awesome idea.
... I can just picture it now...
It will be a game version of 'The Iron Chef'.... set in the world of Luigi's Kitchen.
(Luigi obviously having the culinary skills in the family - Mario was always the taste-tester, that is why he is so fat)

With the Rev's controller, you get the super realistic sensation of flipping pancakes, scrambling eggs and even chopping onions (extra-special realistic if you buy the optional smell-o-adapter).
Make sure you don't burn anything, and you get a special 11% larger spatela in round 2: dessert.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (C) Hazdaz 2005

Nichod
12-16-2005, 05:23 AM
hehe.

I am looking forward to the revolution. Worth a try and my son wants it...so *shrugs* we won't be buying the other two $200+ systems.

P_T
12-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I swear, sometimes i think Nintedo is a religion, the way you speak about it, makes it seem like you actually put your hands on the Rev remote ;)

Despite, the religious vision you just shared with me, i'll still put my money on keyboard/mouse combo.

Yeah, I feel the same the way a lot of people talk about Pixar. And Sonk, you seem to have a lot of faith in Kojima in the other thread but Kojima seem to be quite excited about this new controller from an article I read in other thread about Nintendo, what do you think about that?

Look, this thread is about Nintendo so naturally Nintendo lovers are gonna post about how excited they are about this new innovation. It might turn out to be awesome or bad, I don't know, all I know is this kind of innovation is sorely needed and thumbs up to Nintendo for daring to do so when other consoles just stick to the proven gamepad which was innovated by Nintendo in the first place.

If you're sceptical about this new controller or simply don't like Nintendo, that's fine, just don't troll the thread please. The examples given in the articles were simply demos to show wat's possible with the new controller.

Who knows, maybe the new controller plus the non HD requirement will attract more 3rd party dev into making more variety of games for Nintendo. I for one, am hoping this controller will be a success and create some new genres of games.

Sonk
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
recently a team of Japanese reaserchers demonstrated a similar wand controller at Siggraph which I also tested. My first thought was that these controls would be perfect for DoD.

It's probably going to make the mouse/keyboard combo feel downright clunky by comparison.

Was it a Sony team?, Sony back in the PS2 days were working on a wand controller also, IMO its still a gimmick. A gimmick is something that meets the needs of a specific niche genre, or gameplay type. wow, the wand controller is so great that, the Department of Defense is thinking about using it? :P

as for the last part..i guess we should agree to disagree, i personal havent used anything similair to the Rev controller, so its really hard to say. I guess we can debate this at a ,later time..though i still think its going to be a matter of personal perference in the end.

hehe.

I am looking forward to the revolution. Worth a try and my son wants it...so *shrugs* we won't be buying the other two $200+ systems.

I'll probably buy one for my niece.

Dude, that is an awesome idea.
... I can just picture it now...
It will be a game version of 'The Iron Chef'.... set in the world of Luigi's Kitchen.
(Luigi obviously having the culinary skills in the family - Mario was always the taste-tester, that is why he is so fat)

With the Rev's controller, you get the super realistic sensation of flipping pancakes, scrambling eggs and even chopping onions (extra-special realistic if you buy the optional smell-o-adapter).
Make sure you don't burn anything, and you get a special 11% larger spatela in round 2: dessert.

ROFL, OMG i laugh so hard that i cried.. thats too funny! but the scary thing is, they might actually do it! So keep all your ideas to yourself :D I gotta love the sarcasm in this thread.

BTW, Iron Chef was a bad ass show.

Yeah, I feel the same the way a lot of people talk about Pixar. And Sonk, you seem to have a lot of faith in Kojima in the other thread but Kojima seem to be quite excited about this new controller from an article I read in other thread about Nintendo, what do you think about that?

We all gamers here, your not a true gamer until you develop opinions about your favorite company, or its competition. If you havent notice this is the first Nintendo thread i replied on the in awhile(and there has been a few Rev threads before). Trolling would be saying something like "Teh Rev controller sucks major ass" and than leaving without giving anything insightful to back up those opinions..i have done no such thing. So i dont think im trolling ;)

I know Kojima is excited about the Rev controller, im usually read every article about Hideo Kojima(yes i more of a kojima fan, than a Sony fan...his HideoBlog is great!!).

But i think you dont understand Mr Kojima, i hope you dont expect to see MGS4 on the Rev just because the controller is exciting to him? Kojima create specific games for specific hardware(but he doesnt port games). He might create something very cool with it that show off the full potential of the Rev controller, but it wont be MGS4. Until than it is still a gimmick to me, just like the Sony Eye Toy. MGS4 is going to be a revolutionary game(if everything he talked about he implemented correctly) that doesnt require a revolutionary controller(pun intended).

Lastly, HD is not a requirement for both the PS3, and XBOX360 thats a misconception/misinformation from alot of Nintendo fanboys... i just want to clearify that.

katzeimsack
12-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Lastly, HD is not a requirement for both the PS3, and XBOX360 thats a misconception/misinformation from alot of Nintendo fanboys... i just want to clearify that.

HD is a requirement... Xbox can only render HD. Normal tvs are able to display it, but the Hardware still has to render HD!

Immo developers which don't realease games which take the advantage of HD won't be successfull on xbox360&ps3. The gamer bought a HD Hardware an expects the games to use it...

Developing HD content is more expensive than developing normal stuff, so developing for revolution should be "cheap"

Sonk
12-16-2005, 06:24 PM
HD is a requirement... Xbox can only render HD. Normal tvs are able to display it, but the Hardware still has to render HD!

Immo developers which don't realease games which take the advantage of HD won't be successfull on xbox360&ps3. The gamer bought a HD Hardware an expects the games to use it...

Developing HD content is more expensive than developing normal stuff, so developing for revolution should be "cheap"

Im not sure about the 360, maybe "kole" can clear that up. But the PS3 you can still hook it up on your normal analog TV. So in that sense HD its not a requirement.

Wether the content in the 360/PS3 is HD quality is another story, i dont buy the whole Rev cheaper than to developed for when compare to 360/PS3. As its really the developers choice wether to pack HD content or normal content into a game. The 3D content is what really cost the most time and money, but you can still make a normal quality game on all next gen system, not just the Rev. as far as content goes. So in even in that sense, HD is not a requirement.

HD content, looks actually better than normal TV shows, on my TV. I wont be buying a HDTV anytime soon, but the PS3 games should still display fine on my analogy TV ;)

HD as a requiremnt for the 360/PS3 is a myth.

laureato di arte
12-16-2005, 06:37 PM
I find it amazing how most of the people that have tried the controller say the same thing. What i remember the most is an article in edge magazine, it went along the lines of saying that when the reporter went back onto the showfloor after the rev demonstration, everything that sony and microsoft had to offer, basically meant nothing anymore, games that they were looking forward to playing now felt obsolete......
that is deep, i have a feeling that this controller will cause ripples in the gaming world, big ripples.

P_T
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Sonk, you and Hazdaz are makin jokes at the expense of the revo controller, I'd say that's trolling. That's comparable to me sayin "Why don't they just give snake a walkin stick while they're at it" or "Don't break a hip now snake" in an MGS thread. I'm pretty sure jokes like that won't be appreciated by MGS/Kojima fans in its own thread.

About MGS4 in Revo, I know, I read that article where he talks about not porting games from one console to another but he didn't say he wouldn't make an MGS game for any other console so it's still a possibility that he will make an MGS game for either Xbox or Revo.

I read in 3Dworld mag that ALL 360 games have to run at a minimum resolution of 720 progressive scan to be accepted. And I quote Peter Moore, MS Corporate Vice President for Worldwide Xbox Marketing and Publishing from the article: "Every Xbox 360 games will be designed for HD widescreen TV and will support 16x9 aspect ratio..."

Now I dunno about PS3 but I'm guessing it'll be something similar to that because it sounds like HD is one of the main "Next Gen capabilities" that they're trying to push to the public.

It seemed to me that it's you who are misinformed, at least when it comes to Xbox HD requirement. Maybe you misread something about not having to use an HD TV to play the games?

And please, don't judge the Revo controller as a gimmick before it even comes out, I can't even imagine what sort of controller PS/XBox would be using if Nintendo didn't innovate the NES gamepad.

TopherMartini
12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
I find it amazing how most of the people that have tried the controller say the same thing. What i remember the most is an article in edge magazine, it went along the lines of saying that when the reporter went back onto the showfloor after the rev demonstration, everything that sony and microsoft had to offer, basically meant nothing anymore, games that they were looking forward to playing now felt obsolete......
that is deep, i have a feeling that this controller will cause ripples in the gaming world, big ripples.
The best thing the Revolution controller brings to the market is a new way to play games. Both Sony & Microsoft can continue to compete in the same market that's been established for years, but Nintendo is going in a completely new direction. With the hardware being so advanced the only thing that Sony & Microsoft have left to compete with is really the game libraries. Each platform is in a frenzy to get more and more developers to sway consumers.

This controller has so little details about it yet everyone is thinking of ways it can forever change gameplay and the haptics of gaming. That's deep...

Sonk
12-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Sonk, you and Hazdaz are makin jokes at the expense of the revo controller, I'd say that's trolling. That's comparable to me sayin "Why don't they just give snake a walkin stick while they're at it" or "Don't break a hip now snake" in an MGS thread. I'm pretty sure jokes like that won't be appreciated by MGS/Kojima fans in its own thread.

Now I dunno about PS3 but I'm guessing it'll be something similar to that because it sounds like HD is one of the main "Next Gen capabilities" that they're trying to push to the public.

It seemed to me that it's you who are misinformed, at least when it comes to Xbox HD requirement. Maybe you misread something about not having to use an HD TV to play the games?

And please, don't judge the Revo controller as a gimmick before it even comes out, I can't even imagine what sort of controller PS/XBox would be using if Nintendo didn't innovate the NES gamepad.

Actually, do you realise even the MGS4 fanboys were making fun of Snake age(we all know about half the MGS fans always poke fun at Raiden..lol)? so was i, but we all got a good laugh about it...Making jokes at the expense of a controller is not really trolling look it up.Thats like saying, if someone has a negative opinion about a product, and state why..its trolling?Sarcasm is just a interesting form of expression. Maybe if you look pass the sarcastic jokes, you'll see that we have a valid point.

i guess Nintendo really is a religion ;) You kinda proven my point...

Im definitely not been keeping up with the XBOX360 news, but im sure PS3 has analog cables output, so a HDTV is not required ;) despite what Mr Allard thinks(2 HDTV!?). Care to prove me wrong, because i wont want to waste money on the PS3, if i had to have a HDTV.

I would assume, the 360 has a analog cable output also? ;) I assume not all 360 owners have a HDTV? ;) Are you sure im the one thats misinform?

HD content, HD resolution are totally different things. You can have HD resolution but still have non HD content.

Calling it a gimmick is judgementing it? I dont think so, i even define what a gimmick it, its not a dislike nintendo thing, the Sony Eye Toy is a gimmick by my own definition. I might be not be sold on the idea, but i havent made my final judegment on it just yet(not until i try it out in the store for a couple of hours with a FPS). Sure Nintendo might of invented the controller pad, but they didnt perfect it. I do give Henry Ford some credit, but they never perfected their innovation, as a CE consumer i only care about the perfected product, not the innovators. I think you guys give too much credit to Nintendo, look at your controller history, look at Atari or Sega or even go back further in time. its not so black and white.

HellBoy
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
yea I saw this in BBC site, looks amazing but at the same time weird

anyways, why is every reply long to read :rolleyes:
I'm so lazy :buttrock:

laureato di arte
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
today is the 16th of december 2005, the time is 20:15, I want you to remember this day, and remember this time, you must not forget. Infact all who doubt me, I want you to put this statement as your signatures. Today I am making a prediction, either sony, or microsoft, or both will incorporate this idea into their next controller. All the nintendo haters will be blinded by that and they will simply folow the hype and forget that nintendo did it first. When it comes to pushing the market forward Nintendo are number one! even a monkey with three legs and no eyes can see this, make no mistake about it, this is deep.....

Sonk
12-16-2005, 07:29 PM
today is the 16th of december 2005, the time is 20:15, I want you to remember this day, and remember this time, you must not forget. Infact all who doubt me, I want you to put this statement as your signatures. Today I am making a prediction, either sony, or microsoft, or both will incorporate this idea into their next controller.

OK, so i cant quote you on that? Its bold statement! :) .

Innovation for it to succeed has to be broad and practical, this is why the controller pad was so appealing and a great success, not because it was innovative per say(look at the virtual boy, very innovative, yet not very practical).

P_T
12-16-2005, 07:30 PM
If u read my post carefully I said "something like..." and by that I meant if I was to say something negative whether it's subtly or outright rude with the intention to offend/provoke the fans of MGS. I've simply used the wrong example since I'm not an MGS fanboy and therefore don't know what offends you people.

You believing using normal TV = Xbox doesn't have HD requirement doesn't change the fact that the game developers still have to spend extra money to make their games in HD format Sonk... or does it? :rolleyes:

That's what I meant when I talked about Nintendo's non HD requirement, as in it won't be as expensive for the developers to make games for Nintendo.

Now, how can you call it a "gimmick" as in having more novelty value than any real use and say you haven't judged it?

Mate... if Nintendo didn't invent that controller, there wouldn't be any controller for PS/Xbox to "perfect" it and I don't see Atari's controller being used for PS/Xbox now do you?

Hazdaz
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM
today is the 16th of december 2005, the time is 20:15, I want you to remember this day, and remember this time, you must not forget. Infact all who doubt me, I want you to put this statement as your signatures. Today I am making a prediction, either sony, or microsoft, or both will incorporate this idea into their next controller. All the nintendo haters will be blinded by that and they will simply folow the hype and forget that nintendo did it first. When it comes to pushing the market forward Nintendo are number one! even a monkey with three legs and no eyes can see this, make no mistake about it, this is deep.....
WTLW.
Yea, you are a little late to the party - I already said that MS (or even SONY) should come out with a similiar design and totaly side-swipe the one advantage that the Rev has. I said that like atleast a week ago.

Oh and to go one step beyond that, I also mentioned that there were PC controllers out years ago that had a tilt-type of sensor on them. Nintendo was probably just copying them.

laureato di arte
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
OK, so i cant quote you on that? Its bold statement! :) .

Innovation for it to succeed has to be broad and practical, this is why the controller pad was so appealing and a great success, not because it was innovative per say(look at the virtual boy, very innovative, yet not very practical).

yes very bold, very bold indeed old friend, good health to you ......

laureato di arte
12-16-2005, 07:38 PM
WTLW.

what does that mean?

Sonk
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
You believing using normal TV = Xbox doesn't have HD requirement doesn't change the fact that the game developers still have to spend extra money to make their games in HD format Sonk... or does it? :rolleyes:

That's what I meant when I talked about Nintendo's non HD requirement, as in it won't be as expensive for the developers to make games for Nintendo.

haha, now thats interesting in itself. And i want to debate you on it ;)

Do you realize the time is money, and you realize that the most expensive part of creating a game is the 3D content/2D texture? Also do you realize HD resolution has nothing to do with HD content? My point is you can still have a next gen game on the 360/PS3 with non HD content(low res model, low res texture, no normal map, i.e. Blue Dragon), yet have it render in realtime @ 720 p or 1080 p(HD resolution). Blue Dragon is a prime example of a game running at 720 P, yet has no HD content IMO.

Revolution use DVD9 as the disc storage medium, you can still have a fairly huge game(with HD content or not) spanning multiple DVD9 disc, but that same game would cost the same to make on the 360/PS3, because the content is the same. Having Blu-Ray doesnt require that you use all the storage, you can use as much as you want. Its really up to the developer what type of games they want to create, but a generalize statement like "its cheaper to developer for the Rev than 360/PS3" from Nintendo, doesnt hold any water at all.

Resolution and HD content are too entirely seperate things. Sure MS wants the games to run native at 720 P, but the content doesnt have to be HD as i mention on top. So in every sense of the word, HD is not a requirement for the 360/PS3..so lets not play that: "requires HD" card ;)

Hence, why i dont buy the arugment that you can make games cheaper on any exclusive next gen system, You can make games as cheap as you want on all three system.

Hazdaz
12-16-2005, 08:01 PM
what does that mean?
Welcome To Last Week
... wow, surprised that phrase hasn't filtered into thsi site. The interwebnet is funnAy that way, I guess.

laureato di arte
12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Welcome To Last Week
... wow, surprised that phrase hasn't filtered into thsi site. The interwebnet is funnAy that way, I guess.

wow i aint heard that one before, it is funny how the internet has spawned its own type of dialect, how long till it starts filtering into our everyday lives.

JeroenDStout
12-17-2005, 01:03 AM
What?!? I can't get excited about my new favorite "next"-gen console?? I am super fantastic excited that I can now play all those fishing games that I haven't been able to play on my lowly XB or PC. I heard a rumor it's gonna be called Super Mario Fishing X-treme Challenge, and Donkey Kong himself is gonna make an appearance as a playable character. Wicked!
Actually, I'm still convinced this is another piece of sarcasm. You're either sounding completely mental or are very good at extreme sarcastic remarks.

I hope the later. Seriously :)

wow i aint heard that one before, it is funny how the internet has spawned its own type of dialect, how long till it starts filtering into our everyday lives.
Well, I've overheard people at a public transport station go "Oh, the machine is out of coke, lol!", Saying 'lol' litrary as 'lol', not actually laughing. So it's there alright.

Actually, friend and I had a period of saing 'pwnd' literary for the sarcastic humor. Though now we have gone to doing persiflages of public figures. Is kind-of a more sophisticated form of bad humor :p

rakmaya
12-17-2005, 03:20 AM
I buy all 3 consoles anyway. I don't care which is better. If I see a good game on Rev, I will buy the system, same goes for PS3. My only problem is how the controler will effect my hand. When I hold the current models, there is some form of wrist support. But I tried holding my DVD remote for 10 minutes and my wrist and shoulder started complaining. Other than that I have do doubt in the system. Nintendo always makes safer games and systems so I don't doubt them, but just a little worried.

zzacmann
12-17-2005, 03:29 AM
But I tried holding my DVD remote for 10 minutes and my wrist and shoulder started complaining.

Are you a sea monkey?

DevilHacker
12-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Are you a sea monkey?
If he is, than I guess I am one too.
Same thing happens to me... Who would hold an controller like that? When I play the 360, the controller is never just hovering in mid air like a baton... Its always pointing down or relaxing against my knees...

Who knows... maybe the controller will be able to be used for more than 10 min... Only time (an a actual in-hand-test) will tell...

noisewar
12-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Wonder how many Revolution controller critics are agnostic? That would be a fun survey.

noisewar
12-17-2005, 04:04 AM
Wonder how many Revolution controller critics are agnostic? That would be a fun survey.

P_T
12-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Can you show me some pic for this "Blue Dragon"? I can only find this pic (http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/Xbox360-Rol/IMG2-cw433ae17bb5899/Blue_Dragon_3.jpg) on google and from what I can see, it seems that the Toriyama's design doesn't really need the use of high poly, they're cartoony and from IGN article, they were initially going to go for the cell shaded look. Besides, I dunno how far from finish the game is when this image was rendered.

I know even for HD, you still have to maintain the balance between good looks and lowest polycount/texture quality, that's just common sense. It's just that I think the bar has been raised, it's either few but high poly characters on screen like Fight Night R3 or a lot more but low poly characters like PS3's Ninety Nine Nights.

Look, why don't you get 3DWorld magazine issue 71 and read up on their feature articles on the 360 and how it affects the artists/ dev studios plus it comes with 3 case study: 2 major studio (Rare/Perfect Dark Zero and Blitz Games/Possession) and one indie developer(Pompom/Mutan Storm). You'll see how weak ur argument is after u read it. I just CBF tryin to explain it, time to hit the pubs and relax.

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 10:23 AM
If he is, than I guess I am one too.
Same thing happens to me... Who would hold an controller like that? When I play the 360, the controller is never just hovering in mid air like a baton... Its always pointing down or relaxing against my knees...

Who knows... maybe the controller will be able to be used for more than 10 min... Only time (an a actual in-hand-test) will tell...
yes you can do the same with the revo controller people seem to think that you need to make erratic movements, but just a slight rist action will allow u to play.

rakmaya
12-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Are you a sea monkey?

Is your hand petrified?

Ninjas
12-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm sure there will be games that require full arm motion, but for those games that will be the point. You can play DDR with the gamepad now, and it is less tiring, but why?

All the people who have used the controller say it is very sensitive, and that you play with your wrist resting on your knee, or wherever, it isn't really any different than a current controller in that respect.

rakmaya
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm sure there will be games that require full arm motion, but for those games that will be the point. You can play DDR with the gamepad now, and it is less tiring, but why?

All the people who have used the controller say it is very sensitive, and that you play with your wrist resting on your knee, or wherever, it isn't really any different than a current controller in that respect.

That is not true. The reason some people are excited and some are confused and others are worried is because the controller is revolutionary in every aspect. There is no doubt that Nintendo will deliver something that is playable and enjoyable in most aspect. But there are always certain genre of games that suffer.

Instead of two thumbs, we have one thumb to navigate as well as button controll. I don't know about you, but there are quite a lot of games that will require such measure. But like I said, there might be other ways to do it in the new controller.

Nothing good will ever come in us speculating this when people spent millions of dollars to create and test this. However, like many, I won't be pre-ordering this system until I can test it out at a store.

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 04:25 PM
That is not true. I think ninjas meant that it isnt different from current controllers in the way that that it wont cause injury or pain. I could be wrong. Anyway Im so looking forward to laying zelda on the revolution....

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/614/614571/the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20050516024633058.jpg

Ninjas
12-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Maybe if I write my english extra clear you can understand.

In respect to fatigue experienced while playing, the people who have used it say that it is no more tiring than using a standard controller. This is because you rest your wrist on something in both cases.

rakmaya
12-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Maybe if I write my english extra clear you can understand.

In respect to fatigue experienced while playing, the people who have used it say that it is no more tiring than using a standard controller. This is because you rest your wrist on something in both cases.

Ok, yes in terms of fatigue you are correct. But initially I wasn't talking about fatigue. I was talking about how some game's playability might get effected (good or bad way).

Oh! ya, Zelda for rev is worth the wait.

UrbanFuturistic
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Asides from Hazdaz's usual obsessively anti-Nintendo rhetoric (seriously dude, get a hobby or something, you don't see any of us coming into 360 or PS3 threads obsessively bashing everything about them), P_T is correct in saying that content for HD requires more work because if a model or texture is going to be of a higher resolution on screen the textures need to be of higher resolution and the model, or at least its normal mapping, needs to be substantially more detailed.

Already I've seen people complain that character models on 360 games are too blocky/polygonal and not smooth enough. This isn't any reflection on the capabilities of the 360 but it is a reflection of the higher model detail requirement.

As an asides, maybe Hazdaz should watch this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2063821498385606325&q=nintendo+revolution) and, I don't know, maybe shut up until he's actually got something of value to say.

regards, Paul

SpiralFace
12-17-2005, 06:04 PM
As an asides, maybe Hazdaz should watch this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2063821498385606325&q=nintendo+revolution) and, I don't know, maybe shut up until he's actually got something of value to say.

regards, Paul

Oh my various gods, that looked sweet. I loved the F-Zero demo, That is just a crative way of doing raceing games. (Now I can't wait for Mario Kart on this system!!!) Nice find on the video, odubtaig. I've always was curios as to how this system will work, its MUCH easyer now to see how this controler IS so revolutionary, and how it can work with todays current game types. (Still worried about the 3rd party support and cross platforming for the system though.)

I still don't quite understand how the mario sunshine, and the soul calibur demo worked, but I guess its just one of those things you have to experiance to realy and truely "get".

Can't wait till E3 to try this baby out now.

rakmaya
12-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh! my. Ok that just erased a 90% of my doubts about the controller. Looks like I might be pre-ordering this depending on the game line up. I always knew Nintendo would come up something outrageous and make into totally unique experience. In the current gen lifetime I own 26 games (12 from PS2, 6 from xbox and 10 from GC). That is VERY small compared to what I used to play with older system PS1 and N64. I hope the next gen systems will come up with better games to play. With the new controller design, Nintendo seems to be cooking a lot of ideas.

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 07:38 PM
we must remember that the video isnt made by nintendo but it is very likely that is how the games will be played on it. I simply cannot wait, all will be revealed at e3 2006 i cannot wait. did i say that already?

Cronholio
12-17-2005, 08:45 PM
This isn't any reflection on the capabilities of the 360 but it is a reflection of the higher model detail requirement.

Wouldn't you say it is a reflection on the capabilities of the hardware if if it isn't up to the requirements of rendering compelling graphics realtime at HD res? I'm speaking of both the PS3 and the 360 here. I don't think we are going to see anything much better than we are seeing now after devlopers get a handle on the new hardware. These consoles just aren't really up to it. Sure we'll see some nice looking stuff, but these consoles still have a long, long way to go before they are capable of producing the cinematic quality visuals at HD res, that some fo these game developers are claiming. Look at EA, they came out with these awesome tech demos for Madden prior to the PS2 launch and 5 years later their games never came anywhere near those demos visually. I remember them talking about characters with porous skin and beads of sweat. Same with Sony, I remember looking at realtime renders of FinalFantasy TSW characters on the PS2 at E3 1999. Sony produced some nice things over the following 6 years, but they never came close to those tech demos. Now we see the same thing again. Awesome next gen tech demo for Madden; 360 comes out and it barely looks better than the PS2 version. EA is showing awe inspiring pictures of Fight Night recently. If past performance is anything to go by we will be in for a huge let down when Fight Night actually hits shelves. The claims of developers, the expectations of consumers, and the requirements of HD are all far, far greater than the actual capabilities of these consoles.

tozz
12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Actually, that movie made me think it'll suck even more. The mario part especially, jerky jumping isn't really my cup of tea. The only thing looking so-so was f-zero, but we've had steering weels that's light years ahead of this for quite some while so I really don't see a reason I'll get a revolution for that.
Give me some revolutionary titles instead of franchises and we can talk.
The one thing I don't understand is, remote controlers are known for being as non-ergonomical and uncomfortable as possible and yet they design a control just like it and expect you to play for hours with it. "Tester say it's great".. And how long did that test last?

Ninjas
12-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm really glad people like Tozz aren't going to be buying the Rev. In fact, I hope every 14-18 year old buys a PS3 or XBox because then I won't have to deal with their annoying online behavior.

You know what I think sucks. Death Metal. Talk about derivative offal. Sorry, just had to get that of my chest.

Sonk
12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Can you show me some pic for this "Blue Dragon"? I can only find this pic (http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/juegos/Xbox360-Rol/IMG2-cw433ae17bb5899/Blue_Dragon_3.jpg) on google and from what I can see, it seems that the Toriyama's design doesn't really need the use of high poly, they're cartoony and from IGN article, they were initially going to go for the cell shaded look. Besides, I dunno how far from finish the game is when this image was rendered.

I know even for HD, you still have to maintain the balance between good looks and lowest polycount/texture quality, that's just common sense. It's just that I think the bar has been raised, it's either few but high poly characters on screen like Fight Night R3 or a lot more but low poly characters like PS3's Ninety Nine Nights.

Look, why don't you get 3DWorld magazine issue 71 and read up on their feature articles on the 360 and how it affects the artists/ dev studios plus it comes with 3 case study: 2 major studio (Rare/Perfect Dark Zero and Blitz Games/Possession) and one indie developer(Pompom/Mutan Storm). You'll see how weak ur argument is after u read it. I just CBF tryin to explain it, time to hit the pubs and relax.

The picture you link to was done by Artoon not MistWalker , it was a CG representation of what the character in motion look like. I just saw a better quality video of Blue Dragon today, the characters are smooth, almost like they are applying SubD in realtime.

My argument isnt weak, and its very still valid. Beside if you think it was weak, why dont you tell me why, instead avoiding them. Blue Dragon art direction is still very anime-ish(i love Toriyama style BTW, Chrono Trigger anyone!?), and it could be done on both the Rev or 360/PS3 at the same price. Im sure the bar has been raised, but what does that have to do with Nintendo saying its "cheaper to developer for the Rev"? You have enough common sense as gamer/artist to know that that generalized statement from Nintendo isnt true. So lets not pick and choose, just for the sake of benefiting the big N.

The only time its true is if your making mostly anime-ish style games(kinda light blue dragon), but thats really a art style not a platform choice that made it cheaper to develop.Furthermore, if you wanted to create a highly detail game with extreme realism, it would still cost alot on any platform. Do you understand my point?

If not, how is it magically cheaper to make games for the Rev than the 360/PS3?

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Actually, that movie made me think it'll suck even more. The mario part especially, jerky jumping isn't really my cup of tea. The only thing looking so-so was f-zero, but we've had steering weels that's light years ahead of this for quite some while so I really don't see a reason I'll get a revolution for that.
Give me some revolutionary titles instead of franchises and we can talk.
The one thing I don't understand is, remote controlers are known for being as non-ergonomical and uncomfortable as possible and yet they design a control just like it and expect you to play for hours with it. "Tester say it's great".. And how long did that test last?
whats wrong erik? would you be so unhappy if one of the other consoles brought the idea out first?

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 10:58 PM
You know what I think sucks. Death Metal. Talk about derivative offal. Sorry, just had to get that of my chest.

hahah that is random

tozz
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
whats wrong erik? would you be so unhappy if one of the other consoles brought the idea out first?
You never get tired of comments like that. I couldn't actually care less if it was Microsoft, Sony or Sega who came out with it first. Now let me ask you, would you be so close minded if it was a Microsoft idea?
What makes you think I'm unhappy btw? I was actually laughing when I pressed the submit button. You would do better for yourself if you didn't try to play an online psychologist :)

Ninjas: I would love to be 18 again, but that was ages ago. Better luck guessing wildly next time.

UrbanFuturistic
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Nice find on the video, odubtaig.Ahhh, I just visit way too many online forums, not my find really :)Wouldn't you say it is a reflection on the capabilities of the hardware if if it isn't up to the requirements of rendering compelling graphics realtime at HD res? I'm speaking of both the PS3 and the 360 here. I don't think we are going to see anything much better than we are seeing now after devlopers get a handle on the new hardware. These consoles just aren't really up to it.I don't know about that, considering the massive lack of a leap from PS1->PS2/N64->Gamecube in terms of visuals at first... I think the 360, and probably the PS3, will be capable of great things visually but my point is more that there's a danger that such visual quality, and with HD people will at some point demand much higher visual quality, will eat that much more into gameplay, AI and other non-visual aspects of the game.

TV producers have already found out that it's a much more demanding medium in that sense with soap stars complaining about having to have their stage makeup reapplied every five minutes and if there's a failing in the above senses with regards to games on these consoles it won't be a question of the console's capabilities but of studio and game developer resources.

Of course, I do expect that we'll see great things from these consoles, even if they are few and far between, but at the same time I wouldn't be entirely surprised if more low-budget indie developers switch to the console with the less stringent requirements and the more experimental atmosphere.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit odd but after the experiences of Doom 3 and Half Life 2 both managing to bore the crap out of me (although HL2, to it's credit, managed to last me a few days) while Timesplitters 2 continues to drag me back for more I'm somewhat less concerned with polygons and more with kickass gameplay, well written storylines and AI that scares the crap out of me with its smartness and all this Super-Hi-Fi graphical frippery is going to cut into all that with its huge demands on developers' resources.

Anyway, I'm a tad more sold after seeing that vid on the Rev's controller, it may not be official Nintendo but it certainly shows the potential. Now I'll largely be waiting to see what 3rd party support there is TBH.

regards, Paul

PShow is it magically cheaper to make games for the Rev than the 360/PS3?Um, you don't create that which won't be seen on screen? If people aren't going to see past a certain level of detail due to the relatively low resolution of the screen you don't create past that level of detail. This is one of the things that's classically been a bonus with console games as they've never had to run at 1024x768 or even 800x600 so less detail just looks better on a TV screen than on a computer screen which, along with being a whole lot sharper, is just a lot less forgiving. If a console's requirements, for getting a game published that is, don't include HD then all those textures and models won't have to be nearly as detailed as for HD thus reducing costs.

Ninjas
12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Ninjas: I would love to be 18 again, but that was ages ago. Better luck guessing wildly next time.

I wasn't guessing wildly. I was judging by your immature posts.

tozz
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I wasn't guessing wildly. I was judging by your immature posts.
Yeah, looking at your mature posts and solid argumentation (in plaing english, this is irony) how can anyone be of a different opinion. Considering how wrong you were you probably need to reconsider how you judge posts.

laureato di arte
12-17-2005, 11:52 PM
You never get tired of comments like that. I couldn't actually care less if it was Microsoft, Sony or Sega who came out with it first. Now let me ask you, would you be so close minded if it was a Microsoft idea?
What makes you think I'm unhappy btw? I was actually laughing when I pressed the submit button. You would do better for yourself if you didn't try to play an online psychologist :)

well erik? you said that looking at the video makes you think that the rev will suck. to think something would suck means that you are unhappy with it, no? like i have said i own allot of consoles that are not nintendo consoles, i actually plan on buying an xbox360 in January. When Sony entertainment came out with Ico i was impressed with the 'different' style of gameplay. If microsoft were to come out with something that pushed the way games are played forward, I would take off my hat to them. erik...... online psychologist? on what do you base that random statement? why a psychologist? why couldnt you call me an online baker , or an online sex therapist? i just dont understand why you would say that? and why are you laughing at the submit button? what could it have ever done in its life that makes it so funny?

:shrug:http://www.openg.org/tiki/img/wiki_up/submit_button_rfe.png?nocache=1:shrug:

UrbanFuturistic
12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Eh, some people are just not going to like the controller and he's hardly fanboying all over it like Hazdaz, although comparing a multi-purpose controller that comes with the console to expensive additional PC-style steering wheels is a bit unfair. Last I checked the 360 and PS3 weren't coming with those either but it also seems their controllers can't be utilised quite as differently as the Rev controller.

Asides from this, one thing people criticising the controller seem to be missing a lot is, if you don't like it you can always go back to an old style controller (with the stick poking out the top), maybe they'll even include one for everyone if they see the need.

But on a less serious note, play nice boys and maybe you'll both get a cookie :p Let's not let this turn into a flamewar over a difference of opinion. :thumbsup:

regards, Paul

Ninjas
12-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Fact: very few people know what the Rev controller actually plays like.

So we look at some pictures, some vague or fan produced videos, and some people get excited. In comes Tozz, who knows nothing more than the rest of us just to crap on our picnic.

I love DDR and lightgun games. I find being physically involved with my games fun. Maybe that is why I'm pumped about the Rev.

Tozz posts a bunch of stuff up here about how Nintendo games aren't very good. Well, I like them. Is he saying I shouldn't be having fun?

I'm sure the PS3 will be great, but I'm not going to buy one. You know why? I'm still bitter about Sony putting Sega out of business with their lies. This is my personal vendetta, and if you want to buy Sony products, fine. Given that I am not going to buy a PS3 no matter what, I'm that much more excited by the Rev.

I'm sorry your arm gets tired, or you think the ergonomics suck. I grew up playing the NES, and blisters never stopped me from playing then, and I'm sure they won't now.

rakmaya
12-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Ahhh, I just visit way too many online forums, not my find really :)I don't know about that, considering the massive lack of a leap from PS1->PS2/N64->Gamecube in terms of visuals at first... I think the 360, and probably the PS3, will be capable of great things visually but my point is more that there's a danger that such visual quality, and with HD people will at some point demand much higher visual quality, will eat that much more into gameplay, AI and other non-visual aspects of the game.

I am not anything against the Nintendo. I am infact excited about their controller since I saw the video. But your statement is really wrong. As proven in the past that we never get enough processing power. If you have worked for titles you know how much the power is.

In PS2 a lot of optimizations has to be done to get a good polycount in the scene. If we have enough graphics power, we don't have to spent a lot of time on optimizations to bring out a decent looking game. We can spent that time elsewhere in the gameplay. With the new power we can push an awesome amount of detail with very minimal optimizations. This is a time saver for many studios. However you will find studios such as EA, Squaresoft and many others with more manpower pushing the limit to get more out of it.

Like I said, Nintendo controller is awesome when you combine with unique game ideas.

UrbanFuturistic
12-18-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm talking to all of you :p

Seriously guys, he might not have been the most diplomatic in his disparagement of the Nintendo franchises but it wasn't exactly "Graaargh! N1NtenD0 suXX0rs!!1!11!" either so you all need to chill out on the personal remarks and you all need to stop taking things so personally.

tozz, no-one's forcing you to like the Rev or Nintendo's franchises but some people do and, after some of the rampant 'you said something positive about Nintendo, kill all fanboys!!!' people are a little jumpy, a simple 'sorry, it's still failing to impress me' rather than going into all the details about why you don't like Mario and Zelda would do :D

laureato and ninjas, try to chill out a bit, someone's always going to be a bit off on something you love and while some people will always be way OTT in their criticism (and always be annoying in much the way a spoilt child screeching in your ear will be) and always put a downer on things ya gotta learn to let some things slide 'kay? :thumbsup:

Letting this turn into a flame war with lots of personal attack will also poison this largely positive thread.

Edit: On a somewhat different noteI am not anything against the Nintendo. I am infact excited about their controller since I saw the video. But your statement is really wrong. As proven in the past that we never get enough processing power. If you have worked for titles you know how much the power is.If you read my post thoroughly, I'm not talking about console power, I'm talking about how much it costs to make the game and whether much developer resources are going to be shifted away from AI, storywriting and level design and into graphics programming and game art and the possibility that we'll end up with lots of very pretty high resolution games with no gameplay whatsoever a la Doom 3 and all those Sega-CD 'Interactive Videos' of the '90s.

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, but it's something that concerns me.

regards, Paul

tozz
12-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Funny how some people just can't accept the fact that not everyone goes blindly into the Nintendo camp. I just like to take a sceptic approach (after the GC fallout), what's so bad about that?

I actually thought that you'd prefer a reason behind disliking something (like my "well known" Zelda post) but it appears you find the opinions of people saying "fu*k it sucks" more solid. Weird.

zzacmann
12-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Anyway Im so looking forward to laying zelda on the revolution....

Freudian Slip much?

Ninjas
12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Another thing is that I'm poor. I just don't see me having the money to buy a PS3 or XBox 360. If I'm so poor that I can only afford to buy the Rev, why are people trying to make me feel bad about wanting to buy it?

I didn't beat any Zelda game since The Legend of Zelda 2 (Hey, I was young, I didn't know any better). I thought Super Mario Sunshine could have been better, but I loved Animal Crossing, and there are a lot of DS games that are fun too. I bought a Virtua Boy for $20 and yes it gives you headaches to play it. So what? Nintendo makes mistakes sometimes.

I'm not going to pre-order the Rev. I don't know if it will be fun. I'm not going to pay good money on a system that sucks. I like my GC, and think it was worth what I paid, but who knows, right?

Until the first reviews come out though I have to say that the idea of using the Rev controller as a sword or gun sounds awesome. Do I think the Rev controller will be better for shooting games then the Namco Guncon? No. But I think it will be better than the Guncon (which I could never justify the purchase of) at playing platform and racing games. And that is the point. It looks like it will be a lot better at many more types of games then any controller I have ever used.

rakmaya
12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm talking to all of you :p
Edit: On a somewhat different noteIf you read my post thoroughly, I'm not talking about console power, I'm talking about how much it costs to make the game and whether much developer resources are going to be shifted away from AI, storywriting and level design and into graphics programming and game art and the possibility that we'll end up with lots of very pretty high resolution games with no gameplay whatsoever a la Doom 3 and all those Sega-CD 'Interactive Videos' of the '90s.

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, but it's something that concerns me.

regards, Paul

Sorry if I wasn't clear at what I said.

You do not need to shift resources to do that. If you work in studios you know how things get managed. People who have been working in AI are kept in the AI unless they say they want to get into Shader programming. People who likes AI are usually kept in AI and Shader programmers are kept in their position. Developers do not shift human resources like that because it is time consuming to teach people that. Gameplay programmers are kept as a gameplay programmer and Engine programmers are kept as engine programmers.

There are more people (programmers) needed in AI and other areas because of the power. That you are corrent. With more CPU power, we can pull of AI and Sumulations.

However, whereI said you are wrong is that graphical capabilities doesn't have anything to do with more people being needed in AI. It has to do with the fact that, we have more CPU power so we can use them to create better AI and other effects. Depending on the tools the studios use the graphical section is left to artists for most part. Programmers intervention in this area does not take up significant man hours (other than shader programmers of course). Even if it does, the pipeline becomes stable after their first game and a lot of the process is left to artists. This is the case in EA where intially we used to do a lot of things and slowly artists picks up to do that. This was the case during XBOX, PS and GC launch and is the same again in the next gen as well.

K-Sin
12-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Hey can someone answer me this. Will it become expensive to develop games that require motion sensoring? It sounds really hard, to me at least.

laureato di arte
12-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Freudian Slip much? sorry, pardon me?

laureato di arte
12-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Letting this turn into a flame war with lots of personal attack will also poison this largely positive thread.

I agree.... erik knows we love him really.:thumbsup: this situation kinda reminds me of a speach at the end of MGS3

P_T
12-18-2005, 05:55 AM
RE: Sonk

Avoiding? look who's talkin... When I said you and hazdaz were trollin in this thread earlier you denied it until i explained what I think "trolling" is, then you just simply moved on to HD/non HD topic and pretended I didn't say anything instead of admitting that u did troll the thread, oh well, at least u did stop trolling and have a real discussion.

I'll tell you why I think your argument is weak.

On the HD requirement topic, you gave an example of a "non HD content(low res model, low res texture, no normal map, i.e. Blue Dragon)" as you put it, but now you turned around and say there's a new video and it's all smooth "almost like applying sub-d in realtime" so umm... are you now sayin Blue Dragon have an HD content? if so, you got other example of non HD content game for PS3/360?

And I really don't understand your logic on this topic. No game developer will intentionally make their games look crappy and dated so it's only logical that if they're developing a game for HD resolution, they will increase the quality of their content at least to a minimum HD level where it looks decent on screen and that will of course still affect the cost of developing the game. If they just gonna have non HD content in their game, why not stay with PS2/Xbox/GC?

If not, how is it magically cheaper to make games for the Rev than the 360/PS3?

It's not magic really, just little tricks like for instance using 20K poly cars for a Revo racing game instead of 80K poly (exterior+interior) like they do PGR3 for the 360. Now, let's say they have 20 cars in the game, the total is then 1.6 million poly for the cars as opposed to 400K. Not to mention the environment... the Brooklyn bridge in the PGR3's New York level supposed to be around 1 million poly, more than some entire levels in the previous game which was made for a non HD console. Translate that to man hours and wage, assets management etc...

You get my point now? not so magical now is it? ;)

UrbanFuturistic
12-18-2005, 09:53 AM
You do not need to shift resources to do that. If you work in studios you know how things get managed. Not quite what I meant really. What I'm saying is, in the inevitable increase in dev team size for HD resolution games, is a company like EA going to take the risk and concentrate on improving gameplay over graphical resources by hiring larger programming teams or go for the bare minimum they can get away with and hire more artists+more artists+more artists?

I'm well aware that a programmer isn't going to be shifted into character modelling, but if twice as many new artists as were previously hired are taken on while the programming team only increases by 10% that's still a shift in where the resources are going.

regards, Paul

parallax
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Another thing is that I'm poor. I just don't see me having the money to buy a PS3 or XBox 360. If I'm so poor that I can only afford to buy the Rev, why are people trying to make me feel bad about wanting to buy it?

I didn't beat any Zelda game since The Legend of Zelda 2 (Hey, I was young, I didn't know any better). I thought Super Mario Sunshine could have been better, but I loved Animal Crossing, and there are a lot of DS games that are fun too. I bought a Virtua Boy for $20 and yes it gives you headaches to play it. So what? Nintendo makes mistakes sometimes.

I'm not going to pre-order the Rev. I don't know if it will be fun. I'm not going to pay good money on a system that sucks. I like my GC, and think it was worth what I paid, but who knows, right?

Until the first reviews come out though I have to say that the idea of using the Rev controller as a sword or gun sounds awesome. Do I think the Rev controller will be better for shooting games then the Namco Guncon? No. But I think it will be better than the Guncon (which I could never justify the purchase of) at playing platform and racing games. And that is the point. It looks like it will be a lot better at many more types of games then any controller I have ever used.

If you are 'poor', maybe you should rethink your financial decisions like, maybe, NOT buying a console.

rakmaya
12-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Not quite what I meant really. What I'm saying is, in the inevitable increase in dev team size for HD resolution games, is a company like EA going to take the risk and concentrate on improving gameplay over graphical resources by hiring larger programming teams or go for the bare minimum they can get away with and hire more artists+more artists+more artists?

I'm well aware that a programmer isn't going to be shifted into character modelling, but if twice as many new artists as were previously hired are taken on while the programming team only increases by 10% that's still a shift in where the resources are going.

regards, Paul

In you initial post you mentioned the shift for programmers from AI and Gameplay into graphics. That is why I said it won't happen.

Please do not assume anything. I totally understand what you mean. Programmers are always the one who ends up working until midnight. Regardless of how much the complexity gets, game studios hire what is needed bare minimum. There is no change in that in the next gen either.

As far as the need for artists go, the difference is not that big. For a big studio like EA they hire whatever is needed to bring the best possible game out there. As far as small studios go, they tend to buy Engines and other tools to compensate for their time and resource.

You don't have to believe me when I say this, except for the first 2 games, the development time of the next gen games will not be different than the current gen. We need more human resources to create better games. Resources needed to create Graphics is insignificant when compared to the resourced needed for gameplay (for most genres like Sports, Action/Adventure, Fighting, Shooting etc..).

We had 10 programmers for a project (Can't say which yet). Of which only 1 were doing core effects and dealing with engines and stuffs for PS2 and XBOX. The reason for this being that after the first 2 games, the engine and other tools became stable enough to focus on gameplay areas.

Ninjas
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
If you are 'poor', maybe you should rethink your financial decisions like, maybe, NOT buying a console.

Huh, or maybe I only have so many dollars earmarked for "entertainment". But I'm not going to talk about my financial situation here. I'm sure I have a much better education than you on how to budget my money.

laureato di arte
12-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I could be wrong. Anyway Im so looking forward to laying zelda on the revolution....

lol I meant to say 'playing' zelda on the revolution, i realise that it may have sound a lil perverted.

P_T
12-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Now that i saw that video, i'm not sure about usin the controller to aim in FPS... could be hard on the wrist. Maybe Nintendo will come up with a more ergonomic design for the second generation of this controller, if this proved to be successful.

laureato di arte
12-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Now that i saw that video, i'm not sure about usin the controller to aim in FPS... could be hard on the wrist. Maybe Nintendo will come up with a more ergonomic design for the second generation of this controller, if this proved to be successful.

that video isnt an official nintendo vid, I think it is a fans idea of how it will work when it comes out............................ Oh my goodness I just had an idea can you image controlling a giant robot with that controller ? controlling arm movements and stuff? that would be pretty cool.

P_T
12-18-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah i know it's not official vid but the way the controller aims at the screen makes the most sense and if u hold the controller so it aims like in the vid, it could be hard on the wrist.

how would u use the controller to move robot? I mean, you gonna have to control where it's goin as well as the arms and other extension to shoot and stuff.

laureato di arte
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
how would u use the controller to move robot? I mean, you gonna have to control where it's goin as well as the arms and other extension to shoot and stuff.

it was actually your avatar that inspired that idea.... ok im gonna try and keep the explanation brief, since i got some assignments to finish, (if anybody knows anything about vst's and synthedit please let me know) here goes...

http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/images/2003/matrix_revolutions_poster2.jpg
I know the pic is a bit blurry but if you look close enuff u can see that the pilot controls the arms with two mechanical pokey stick thingies. Or levers, now lets imagine you are holding two of the controllers in each hand.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651301/revolution-controller-at-a-glance-20050915061358181-000.jpg

We would then use the directional buttons to move foward back left/right strafe. ( A ) would be used as an action button, and ( B ) trigger would be used to shoot or whatever this robot does....... (oh my goodness another idea, imagine a massive large city with fires breaking out and you have to control this robot to put out fires with a water hose and for rescue work after disasters, that would be cool.) Anyway if you tilt both controllers to the left the robot would rotate left if you tilt right it would rotate right. By holding down a mini menus would appear with the certain modes you can enter, e.g X-ray, night vision, heat sensors, things like that, select can be used to communicate with hq. Briefly tapping on a woud make your mecha jump and by pushing a and a direction you could perform a dash.

very crude idea, but i guess if a developer worked on it we could have a few cool ideas added.

this control method can also be used for the gundam type flying mecha rather than the industrial looking type if you know what i mean.

K-Sin
12-18-2005, 11:09 PM
it was actually your avatar that inspired that idea.... ok im gonna try and keep the explanation brief, since i got some assignments to finish, (if anybody knows anything about vst's and synthedit please let me know) here goes...

We would then use the directional buttons to move foward back left/right strafe. ( A ) would be used as an action button, and ( B ) trigger would be used to shoot or whatever this robot does....... (oh my goodness another idea, imagine a massive large city with fires breaking out and you have to control this robot to put out fires with a water hose and for rescue work after disasters, that would be cool.) Anyway if you tilt both controllers to the left the robot would rotate left if you tilt right it would rotate right. By holding down a mini menus would appear with the certain modes you can enter, e.g X-ray, night vision, heat sensors, things like that, select can be used to communicate with hq. Briefly tapping on a woud make your mecha jump and by pushing a and a direction you could perform a dash.

very crude idea, but i guess if a developer worked on it we could have a few cool ideas added.

this control method can also be used for the gundam type flying mecha rather than the industrial looking type if you know what i mean.
I'm trying to think of a way that could be done with a gamepad. Ok 1 controle stick for leg movement, the other for upper body movement like FPS and the directional buttons for 4 different arm positions.
Umm one shoulder button to shoot the other buttons for either more arm positions/ visors/ features like jumping dashing. Another shoulder button for camera chaning in some way.
Seems a tad busy to remember all that on a battle field so if you decrease enemy acuracy then you have time to use all the gampad features and not get killed.
Wait! no use the othe shoulder button to lock onto enemies so you can just shoot and then worry about getting hit so that way you can have harder enemies.
Gah! this is tough.
Ok auto-lock to me seems like it will provied a game that is well too simple and no auto-lock makes the game too easy because the enemies have to be easy. (Ok if we're using xbox we may have an extra 2 buttons): so we can have jump, dash, 4 visors. Now if enemies can't be seen they can't be locked! So you have to keep flicking thrugh visors. Muwahaha! then it makes things a little less simple and not too easy. But we still work like an ordinary FPS....oh crums
Ok if you put the movement on a little controled track then you could use the two sticks for the two arms, then the directional pad for altering the movement path it follows...umm

Ah I give up a proper Xbox fan can set me right surely.:shrug:

laureato di arte
12-19-2005, 02:28 PM
yea i guess it would be pretty hard to do on a standard controller. But i guess it all depends on the way that it is executed. However Zone of the Enders on the ps2 really did execute the whole mecha battle thing really well.

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 01:35 AM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/LASTCHILD/Desktop/3046/

Nintendo Power Talks to Developers About Nintendo Revolution
by Shawn White (12/17/05)

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power magazine (February 2006), developers and publishers from around the globe offered their insight and comments concerning the Revolution's controller and creating games for Nintendo's next-generation console.

John Schapper
Senior VP/Group Studio General Manager, Electronic Arts Canada
"As a longtime Nintendo fan, I applaud the spirit of innovation and creativity of the Revolution controller. Being wireless and designed similarly to a TV controller, it's an innovative, ergonomic winner right out of the box. The beauty of the controller is that possibilities for new game ideas are limitless... You can build an entire game concept around the controller's features or find ways to intregrate them into existing franchises. Right now at EA, we're exploring both of these paths. Our developers are inspired and excited by the new controller's features."

Steve Pearce
VP of Technology, Activision
"Anyone present at Iwata-san's unveiling of the controller at TGS has imagined what future visions of Nintendo classics will be like. Envisioning Link's spin attack, Mario's triple jump and Samus' gunplay on Revolution is an intriguing exercise. Similarly, the Activision design teams are creatively charged as they determine how the controller can best be used on our titles. How will Spider-Man's Revolution webs be cast, Tony Hawk's deck be flipped and Call of Duty grenades be thrown?"

Rod Cousens
CEO, Codemasters
"The Revolution controller is very intuitive and immersive and should allow the character to become more of an extension of the player... it should also inspire creators to explore innovation and bring back bored consumers to gaming."

Jack Sorenson,
Excecutive VP, Worldwide Studios, THQ
"Think about how many players you know that move controllers upward when pressing the jump button or turn it while steering in a racing game. With Revolution, these movements can be made to affect gameplay. Any genre that's suffered from traditional controller limitations stands to initially benefit the most, particularly ones with too many complex button combinations. Also, mouse-oriented PC genres (RTS, adventure games) could become much more console-friendly with the Revolution controller."

Bill Petro
Senior VP of Product Development, Sega of America
"Role-playing games will be greatly enhanced, due to new control styles. Pointing will make moving in large environments very simple, and twist- and position-senging will allow for dual weapon wielding or gesture-based spell-casting."

Michael Ryder
VP of Worldwide Production, Buena Vista Games
"The Revolution controller is truly innovative and will enable game designers to take advantage of gamers' full range of hand motions. Much as we've seen with the Nintendo DS, the Revolution control interface with lead to gameplay innovations."

Noah Hughes
Director of Design, Crystal Dynamics
"In the landscape of primarily linear evolution, it is refresing to see a product like the Revolution that truly strives to redefine game design. As a game designer, I am always excited to see products...which open the door to so many new possibilities."

Jean-Marcel Nicolai
Senior VP of Worldwide Content, Atari
"Nintendo has created an innovative new controller, fully immersing the gamer with a revolutionary interface. The controller should expand the marketplace by appealing to the mass audience as well as avid gamers. And the development community will have as much fun exploring the power of the Revolution controller as consumers will playing it."

Nicolas Eypert
Creative Director, Ubisoft
"The Revolution controller breaks the 'push button' experience of other platforms, where the player must go through an abstract action--pushing a button--to complete an action. With the Revolution, the action is completely natural and physical. We can propose new types of interactions that are easy and fun, as they rely on a simple gesture. We can translate into video game interactions all the tools you manipulate with your hand: the sculptor's tool, the doctor's scalpel, the fireman's hose...imagine you are a doctor curing patients or an architect who builds his own house! It opens up so many possibilities that we already have too many ideas. All the designers that I've spoken with at Ubisoft are buzzing with amazing ideas."

Bill Gardner
President/CEO Eidos
I can certainly see lots of opportunities for classic-style games like platformers that new and old gamers will really enjoy. We've thought of several titles that we're planning that will fit in well. Any game that has the flow of motion in three dimensions will benefit with Revolution. Flying games will be wild and more fun than ever."

Toshihiro Nagoshi,
Producer of Super Monkey Ball and F-Zero GX/AX, Sega
"I was just as surprised by the look of the controller as I was by playing with it. I was really struck by Nintendo's bold direction. All game creators will be inspired by seeing it in motion."

Koichi Ishii
Producer of the World of Mana project, Square Enix
"It'd be a shame if developers only transferred existing games to this system. They've got to envision a more creative route then buckle up for a wild ride."

Revolution Report will have more input from the development community as it becomes available.

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Kojima Discusses Game Ideas, Revolution's Appeal
by Shawn White (12/15/05)

In a recent interview conducted by Japenese publication Famitsu, Metal Gear Creator Hideo Kojima discussed a few ideas concerning his in-development Revolution game as well as the console's appeal to a wider demographic.

During the interview, Kojima expressed his intent on producing games that can be considered stylish and artistic in nature; a goal he considers best accomplished on the Nintendo Revolution.

Kojima mentioned that he wants to make games outside of his multi-million dollar franchise Metal Gear and that with Revolution, he can create games "based on life, [or] something organic." He did not further elaborate on his comment.

On a final note, Kojima pointed out that some aspect of the Revolution will make it "popular with girls" without providing explicit details.

Revolution Report will have more enigmatic statements from Hideo Kojima as they become available.

P_T
12-20-2005, 10:41 AM
That is good news indeed, I was hopin there will be more 3rd party dev who will be interested in Revo coz of this new controller, not only more variety of games, more new innovative gameplay coz of this!!

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=815

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/LASTCH%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot-3.jpg http://www.dsrevolution.com/images/news_icons/quotes_reggie.png Reggie Talks After His McDonald's Outing --- Dec 20th 6:38 am CST
posted by AndySearles (http://www.dsrevolution.com/staff.php#AndySearles)
For those people who were lucky enough to play Reggie (http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=804)in Mario Kart, Reggie mentioned a couple of things of interest about Revolution.

First of all, Reggie confirmed that the shell controller for Revolution will indeed look very much like a Gamecube Wavebird controller. But we already knew that.

What is more interesting is the fact that Reggie mentioned the fact that Sega are "intrigued" by the backwards compatibility of the Revolution. He did not elaborate any further, and this is as much as was given in terms of a hint. It has long been hinted that other companies were interested in this feature, but Sega is the first company Nintendo that Nintendo have named.

Click the source below for a couple of shots from the night.

:: Comment On This News Post :: (http://www.dsrevolution.com/forum/index.php?topic=1807.0)

Source: Nintendojo (http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1135047076)

Neil
12-20-2005, 03:12 PM
My favorite shooting game is still POLICE 911. Total body integration. They need to make something like that for consol gaming. Imagine a larger motion capture field for moving left and right... that would be so sweet.

Hazdaz
12-20-2005, 03:23 PM
http://www.dsrevolution.com/images/news_icons/quotes_reggie.png
^^^ Yea... I was sad too when I found out the specs on the new Rev.

But think of all the super awesome games that the new controller will allow - "The TV Remote Game" is the most anticipated one. Seee how fast you can flip channels before the Boss Monster gets you.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651301/revolution-controller-at-a-glance-20050915061358181-000.jpg

harlan_hill
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
It's pretty pathetic how some of you people will immediately dismiss a new product even though you've never even used it. Every article I've read about the Revolution has praised it's new controller, yet you guys (who've never even touched one) immediately claim its going to be garbage.

harlan_hill
12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Kojima pointed out that some aspect of the Revolution will make it "popular with girls" without providing explicit details.

He must've been referring to the built-in "rumble" function on the controller. ;)

Hazdaz
12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
you've never even used it.

And have YOU used it?
So why are you automatically praising something that you haven't even touched yet, let alone actually use??? That's called being a fanboy.

I HAVE used past tilting/motion sensing typ of controllers and they had a cool gimmicky feel to them at first, which wore off after about 20 minutes.

Either way, that picture of that guy was way too funnAy to not comment on... he just looks totaly sad.

You guys can get back to your Nintendo love-fest in here.

harlan_hill
12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
And have YOU used it?
So why are you automatically praising something that you haven't even touched yet, let alone actually use??? That's called being a fanboy.

Nope, I've never used one, but you'll also notice that I neither praised it nor dismissed it. No one else should either until they've actually used it. Learn to read man, I never praised anything. Oh, and I'm well aware of what a fanboy is, dumba$$.

I HAVE used past tilting/motion sensing typ of controllers and they had a cool gimmicky feel to them at first, which wore off after about 20 minutes.

As have I, but those controllers aren't the Revolution controllers and trying to compare them is useless as we've never used the Revolution controller.

Either way, that picture of that guy was way too funnAy to not comment on... he just looks totaly sad.

True... true...

P_T
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Honestly Hazdaz, you sound like a decent guy in other thread so why must you act so childish in this thread and continue to provoke us with ur sarcastic posts? I could find some humour in the first couple of posts but it's starting to get very annoying.

I'm asking you politely PLEASE stop trolling this thread unless you have something useful to add to the discussion else I will inform one of the mods and ask them to do something about it.

tozz
12-20-2005, 05:43 PM
It's pretty pathetic how some of you people will immediately dismiss a new product even though you've never even used it. Every article I've read about the Revolution has praised it's new controller, yet you guys (who've never even touched one) immediately claim its going to be garbage.
Some of us find it equally pathetic to praise a copy (allthough with added features) that didn't work the first time around without seeing a single game nor trying it yourself. As for media praise, and developer "support", sure, it sounds really good, but as history tells us, only the money speaks in this buisness too, look at the support for Gamecube if you need facts, not even that successful in Japan.
Nobody can know anything about anything right now, it's just alot of talk, but don't expect people do agree with you soley on what some people are saying right now, everything receives praise, it's what the result is most of us are interested in.

Edit:
I agree some posts are way off in here, and I actually didn't know this thread was created for praise only. This is a forum, isn't it, so it's not that suprising we have alot of different opinions in here. Can't we just keep a nice conversation about how much Sony sucks and takes over computers, Microsoft buys everything and want to rule the world and Nintendo is a kiddie console with lame games... That last sentence was filled with irony, just so we don't get any misunderstandings :D

P_T
12-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't think he expected hazdaz to agree, but c'mon... read his posts, nothin but lame jokes insults. At least you don't do it Tozz.

btw, even if GC didn't do that well, it's still doin better than Xbox in Japan.

Again, as a Nintendo supporter, I don't expect everyone to feel the same way. Im just asking people not to troll this thread, that's it. I don't go to 360 thread and start badmouthing the fans or the console, please give us the same courtesy here.

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 06:08 PM
ooooooooooh my goodieness i go to bed for a couple of hours and this happens, ummmm yea make love not war, yea

Hazdaz
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
P_T - Oh please get a hold of yourself, and step off your damn high-horse. You people are taking a GAMING device way the hell too seriously. This is a device you play GAMES on it after all... not some serious medical device that lives depend on.

I actually find the fanboy attitude amongs a few of you people worse than the actual REV controller itself. I think even Nintendo is taking this light-heartedly, but some of you guys can't take a freakin' joke. OH NOES!!1! someone said somethign possibly negative about a product that no one has even used yet! How DARE he use his free speech! :rolleyes:

Get a grip. Maybe you should be less concerned about what people think and more concerned about blindly defending a LAST-generation product because you still have sentimental feelings for a corporation that used to make some great games that you grew up on.

Either way, if you didn't post pictures like this really unhappy looking guy, you wouldn't give me any fodder to use against this "new" system from Nintendo.
http://www.dsrevolution.com/images/news_icons/quotes_reggie.png <--- I mean LOOK AT HIM. He looks like he was just told that someone ran over his puppy, cheated with his wife and stole his lunchmoney.

P_T
12-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Mate... it's not that I'm on a high horse, I just refuse to stoop to your low level.

OH NOES!!1! someone said somethign possibly negative about a product that no one has even used yet! How DARE he use his free speech!

It's not about not lettin people sayin something negative, it's about how you said it, all you posted were some lame jokes about the potential Revo games. Sonk said somethin negative about Revo and we managed to have a civil discussion about it.

What you're doin is not using your free speech, what you're doing is ABusing your free speech.

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 06:25 PM
imagine now, there was a 3d package that enabled you to render your animations instantly, no crazy loading time. that would be nice no? It had an easy to use interface, and it took minimum memory usage on your pc. wouldnt that be just swell?

yes it would be nice, im sure you can see the benefits of such a system. Appreciating the benefits of what a system proposes to do doesnt make some one a fanboy, an optimist? maybe. None of us know if this controller idea would be as good as we think it will be but if nintendo deliver what they promise there is gonna be major shockwaves in the games industry. Many true gamers are able to see that this industry is in a crisis, it is no longer catering for what we want, instead it caters to us by bringing out the norm. If nintendo pull this off, there will be a paradigm shift. Now being negative about something, that proposes many good before it has been tried out is much different than being positive about it. Everybody deserves a chance to prove themselves, no?

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
http://www.dsrevolution.com/images/news_icons/quotes_reggie.png <--- I mean LOOK AT HIM. He looks like he was just told that someone ran over his puppy, cheated with his wife and stole his lunchmoney.

this man is the reginator, he is about kicking ass and taking names, that is the face of a man to be taken seriously. I think you should be more worried about this picture of him.

http://www.thenextfuture.nl/users/patrickR/News/reggie.jpg

lol my goodness...

P_T
12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
LOL dude... u gotta stop postin his pics b4 even I'm tempted to make some lame jokes. :D

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 06:41 PM
This is a device you play GAMES on it after all... not some serious medical device that lives depend on.

Wow that is a good idea, maybe in the future doctors will be able to operate using a variation of these controllers , amd robotic arms, from miles away....hmmmm hyper reality.

on the other hand maybe we will have a version of truama center on the revolution.

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/649/649809/trauma-center-under-the-knife-20050909000318580.jpg

This game was only possible on the ds because of its interface, it allowed you to operate on people. This is exactly the point this is why core gamers shold be excited, the revolution would allow people to play games that are only possible because of its interface, then also enhance exsisting genres, for example, resident evil on the ds will allow you to resucitate your team mates by blowing on your ds. Can you imagine how clunky it would be if they trued to make trauma center on the gba or even the psp?

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 06:44 PM
let us make no mistake about it... this is a man to be taken seriously.

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/2006/reginator3lo.jpg

5th November, 2005 | 6:18pm IGN - and a few other lucky sites - got a neat speech from Reggie himself. Some of the points raised included:

-- A definite possibility of web browser and chat function for the DS

-- A definite possibility of third party classic downloads for the Revolution

-- A big ad campaign for Wi-Fi Connection in the US.

-- News of 2 million sales for Nintendogs worldwide (out of 8 million systems). That's 24%!

-- The Revolution is on track for a 2006 release, and will be much more affordable than the other systems.

-- They want every owner of Mario Kart DS to try online play once - they're convinced they'd be hooked.

A line was repeated throughout, which stated that Nintendo wanted to disrupt the industry, and make people take note. Nintendogs did that, apparently. There was also a sly jab at how Sony was caught by surprise with the success of MP3 players like the iPod, while they were still working on a new CD-playing Walkman. That's what they want to do.

Read the transcript over here (http://cube.ign.com/articles/664/664495p5.html).

UrbanFuturistic
12-20-2005, 07:03 PM
P_T - Oh please get a hold of yourself, and step off your damn high-horse. You people are taking a GAMING device way the hell too seriously. This is a device you play GAMES on it after all... not some serious medical device that lives depend on.I gotta ask, does that also apply to when you're posting about the 360? Or is it some kind of exception that you're specially allowed to go apeshit (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2899335#post2899335) every time anyone considers the possibility that it's not the Ultimate Games Machine®?

Seriously, I do believe the only reason you continually accuse so many other people of being fanboys for not completely agreeing that the Rev will be a total pile of shit and *gasp* actually waiting until it comes out to make any final judgements is to hide your own rediculous ideological fanboyish attachment to a competing platform.

I mean, damn near everyone else, even Microsoft employees, even people who worked on the 360 are interested in the Rev controller and think it's a cool idea. There have been various links to people who have actually used the controller and think it's brilliant and yet here you are again with your completely underinformed overopinionated shite.Uh, uh, Nintendo are shit, the Revolution is shit, I don't care what evidence is mounting against me, anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboy, I'm just going to come in here and piss on all your opinions and tell you all you're retards and then act like you're the ones with the problem.I suppose you're just annoyed that all this interest in someone doing something *gape* different is taking attention away from the 360 (I mean, it's a nice console, I'll probably even get one when I have the money but what's to discuss?).

Oh well, in the words of New Model Army:

"Is it a crime to want something else?
Is it a crime to believe in something different?
Is it a crime to want to make things happen,
to go spitting in the faces of the cynical fools?"

Don't mind me, just 'exercising my right to free speech', which we don't have here because it's a private forum and not a public space.

Paul

Hazdaz
12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I gotta ask, does that also apply to when you're posting about the 360? Or is it some kind of exception that you're specially allowed to go apeshit (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2899335#post2899335) every time anyone considers the possibility that it's not the Ultimate Games Machine®?

Seriously, I do believe the only reason you continually accuse so many other people of being fanboys for not completely agreeing that the Rev will be a total pile of shit and *gasp* actually waiting until it comes out to make any final judgements is to hide your own rediculous ideological fanboyish attachment to a competing platform.

I mean, damn near everyone else, even Microsoft employees, even people who worked on the 360 are interested in the Rev controller and think it's a cool idea. There have been various links to people who have actually used the controller and think it's brilliant and yet here you are again with your completely underinformed overopinionated shite.I suppose you're just annoyed that all this interest in someone doing something *gape* different is taking attention away from the 360 (I mean, it's a nice console, I'll probably even get one when I have the money but what's to discuss?).

Oh well, in the words of New Model Army:

"Is it a crime to want something else?
Is it a crime to believe in something different?
Is it a crime to want to make things happen,
to go spitting in the faces of the cynical fools?"

Don't mind me, just 'exercising my right to free speech', which we don't have here because it's a private forum and not a public space.

Paul

fanboysayswhat?

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 07:19 PM
fanboysayswhat?

there are things worst than a fan boy, on of them is a hateboy.

harlan_hill
12-20-2005, 07:25 PM
fanboysayswhat?

what a douchebag

UrbanFuturistic
12-20-2005, 08:01 PM
fanboysayswhat?

I repeat:

What did you think I said?

Paul

Hazdaz
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
You guys are HILARIOUS!
So NOW, just because I said something bad about your precious Rev, I am a 'fanboy' for some competing console all of a sudden?!? LOL THIS is why I find you guys are so freakin hilarious.

OH.. maybe I am a corporate spy paid by MS or SONY out to do some embedded-marketing to tarnish the Nintendo name?? :rolleyes:

I think SONY over-hypes all their damn systems - but I still want to get a PSP.
I own an XB1, and will probably eventually get an XB360, but I am in no rush for it at all.
And PCs just plain suck for gaming (except for Civ4 which is one of the bestest games ever).
Nintendo is the worst out of all of them - exploiting their too loyal fans with sub-par product.
So which of these systems am I am huge major fanboy of?? :curious:

what is most humorous about this is that ONLY Nintendo Fanboys get all bent out of shape when even the slightest bit of negativity is mentioned about their precious system. And not only that, but they get mean and go for personal attacks too. Once again, someone should remind you all that it's just a GAME.
:cry: OH NOES!!1!

Oh yea, and odubtaig, if ya opened your damn eyes, you'd see in one of my very first posts that the Rev's controller could be MILDLY entertaining (but that would remain to be seen) and that MS and SONY should both copy it to take the wind out of Nintendo's sails, leaving Nintendo with a totaly lame-duck system.

A few too many of you guys have these warm and fuzzy fealings about this system and think that the mear thought of something bad about Nintendo is heresy.
http://www.nesworld.com/pics3/pm-nes.jpg

laureato di arte
12-20-2005, 09:24 PM
:cry:

dont cry son.... dont cry

CupOWonton
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
And PCs just plain suck for gaming

... Are you on ACID?

nvvm
12-20-2005, 10:52 PM
We all gamers here, your not a true gamer until you develop opinions about your favorite company, or its competition. If you havent notice this is the first Nintendo thread i replied on the in awhile(and there has been a few Rev threads before). Trolling would be saying something like "Teh Rev controller sucks major ass" and than leaving without giving anything insightful to back up those opinions..i have done no such thing. So i dont think im trolling ;)

I know Kojima is excited about the Rev controller, im usually read every article about Hideo Kojima(yes i more of a kojima fan, than a Sony fan...his HideoBlog is great!!).

But i think you dont understand Mr Kojima, i hope you dont expect to see MGS4 on the Rev just because the controller is exciting to him? Kojima create specific games for specific hardware(but he doesnt port games). He might create something very cool with it that show off the full potential of the Rev controller, but it wont be MGS4. Until than it is still a gimmick to me, just like the Sony Eye Toy. MGS4 is going to be a revolutionary game(if everything he talked about he implemented correctly) that doesnt require a revolutionary controller(pun intended).

You didnt really answer him imo, one sentence to his response and the rest was run off. But anyway as far as that HD being a requirement both xbox/ps3 announced that they would require min HD resolution for all their game. So yes Their is a HD requirement, but it doesnt mean that 360/ps3 can't be used with SD TV's.

Anyway as far as the Rev controller I find it hard to be called a gimmick. Nintendo stated what they are doing this gen, trying to get new gamers and if you ever played super mario on the nes/snes then you'd know why they have chosen this particular design. But since you havent figured and have already made up your mind about it, I guess I have to tell you. Remember those people who would play, friends who never played, older siblings not into game, parents and etc.

They all would do something in common when playing when they needed to jump they'd swing the controller as if that would help them "make the" jump, or keep them from falling. If you were gaming about then I'm sure you remember people like this it was a highly prevailing somewhat unconscious reflex that 99% of the non-gamers did who would play games. This extended to friends, family, distant family lots of none gamers play like that, nintendo simply took the concept to another level. Offering what seems to be more control that allows a lower learning curve for new players and while maximizing control for veteran players.

The possibilities that come into mind when coupled with this controller are near endless, and seeing how it's the main interface to the system. It being a "gimmick" is a stretch of the imagination. And who knows maybe msg4 will show up on the rev :shrug:

nvvm
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
haha, now thats interesting in itself. And i want to debate you on it ;)

Do you realize the time is money, and you realize that the most expensive part of creating a game is the 3D content/2D texture? Also do you realize HD resolution has nothing to do with HD content? My point is you can still have a next gen game on the 360/PS3 with non HD content(low res model, low res texture, no normal map, i.e. Blue Dragon), yet have it render in realtime @ 720 p or 1080 p(HD resolution). Blue Dragon is a prime example of a game running at 720 P, yet has no HD content IMO.
Which would result in a very horrible looking game, low res models and especially textures would look horrible in HD. I don't see many if any developers doing this.

Revolution use DVD9 as the disc storage medium, you can still have a fairly huge game(with HD content or not) spanning multiple DVD9 disc, but that same game would cost the same to make on the 360/PS3, because the content is the same. Having Blu-Ray doesnt require that you use all the storage, you can use as much as you want. Its really up to the developer what type of games they want to create, but a generalize statement like "its cheaper to developer for the Rev than 360/PS3" from Nintendo, doesnt hold any water at all.
It's cheaper to develop for because nintendo isnt requiring any level of HD, this means you can develop a game within the restrictions of 480p. Little changes for tools and art resources are a bit easier to develop for as it's essentially the same. The rev hardware though better won't be the vast change or jump the 360/ps3 is for developers. It'll take some time and a lot of work to get engines and tools that help you take full advantage of all the features and capabilities of the HD consoles. While the Revolution will have new features and such for developers it won't be such a huge departure from the GCN/xbox/ps3 era with multi cores and etc. Developers will get to reuse a lot of resources on the rev, while they virtually have to rewrite engines or heavily patch them to take full advantage of the hd consoles. You need hd tools or hd systems and they arent exactly cheap.

Resolution and HD content are too entirely seperate things. Sure MS wants the games to run native at 720 P, but the content doesnt have to be HD as i mention on top. So in every sense of the word, HD is not a requirement for the 360/PS3..so lets not play that: "requires HD" card ;)
Hence, why i dont buy the arugment that you can make games cheaper on any exclusive next gen system, You can make games as cheap as you want on all three system.
See above

tozz
12-21-2005, 12:03 AM
What's more expensive, making games for the small market, or the big? Yes, Revolution might surpass everything, but right now I'm basing this on how the Gamecube did (and what kind of gaming library it has) and where Nintendo seems to be aiming the Revolution. Feel free to disagree :)
As for HD, it's "the latest", it's a gimmick, and most importantly, it sells, why not take advantage of it right now, instead of getting left behind just because it's easier to make non-HD content? You will HAVE to make HD-games, it's not a matter of "if", it's when.

UrbanFuturistic
12-21-2005, 12:56 AM
You guys are HILARIOUS!
So NOW, just because I said something bad about your precious Rev, I am a 'fanboy' for some competing console all of a sudden?!?No dumbass, I did link to this post of yours (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2899335#post2899335) as evidence (and it's not the only one in that thread either). Do try to pay attention. My point did involve something like glass houses and stones but I guess you missed that too.

Here's a tip: Read whole post, then reply. That way you won't miss important information and look... um... stupider.

If you've been paying attention, you'll note that I have criticised Nintendo in the past for both the N64 and the GameCube and I'm still not convinced I want a Rev. Frankly, I'm more in favour of waiting 'till the prices drop and getting a PS2 with Timesplitters: Future Perfect and American Wasteland.

Also, if you've been paying attention I have no problem with people criticising Nintendo; there have been other people in this thread who have criticised the Rev, the controller and so on and I've actually defended their right to do so... of course, this would actually require you to have read the whole thread in much the same way that you really should read the whole post you're replying to unless you want people to repeat themselves. I guess if you'd been reading the whole of my longer post you would have seen the link to your vehement "XBox is god and PCs suck shit" post. Are you seriously telling me that wasn't extremely fanboyish? Must be strange living in your world.

There are ways to criticise the subject of this thread without being a complete d***. It appears you are incapable of this.

Maybe Tozz can see now why some people are so jumpy on this subject. With asshats like you around it's no wonder people are on the defensive.

Paul

tozz
12-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Maybe Tozz can see now why some people are so jumpy on this subject. With asshats like you around it's no wonder people are on the defensive.
In this case it was actually refered to me directly, you really have to take a beating just because you don't like zelda i guess :shrug:
As for hazdaz, well, I think most people here got your point. When nobody seem to care enough about it perhaps you should reconsider how you express it?

Forums isn't about converting people, it's about discussing and arguing, but it should be at an adult level and with some reasoning. I know I'm far from perfect in this sense, but at least I'm aware of it :)

For now it seems this thread has been watered down to another "suck this, screw that" so common when discussing something we all actually do like, gaming.

rakmaya
12-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Hazdaz, tozz, odubtaig and everyone else. Calm down (secrety saying GO GO GO guys!)

What is the point of these arguements? None of you guys are billionares to bring any of the fanboys or their platforms down. So, none of the arguements about someone being a fan boy and someone else pretending to be not and which is better and all such doesn't make a sense.

There are quite a lot of usefull feature available to the games with this controller. It is better to think about that than wasting time talking about its disadvantages. Mainly because programmers and designers try to take advantage of the features. Disadvantages doesn't mean a thing since at the end they are forced to make a game on their favorite platform.

ShadowHunter
12-21-2005, 04:29 AM
Ok, this discussion is way too heated. So let's bring in some humor:
http://revolutionnoob.ytmnd.com/

And why Zelda roxorz teh BIG ONE111!
http://legendofrealisticzelda.ytmnd.com/ (refresh)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Seriously guys, we all have different tastes. No need to force our opinions onto others. :thumbsup:

laureato di arte
12-21-2005, 08:32 AM
With asshats like you around ...

asshat?I aint never heard that opne before , lol i got to remember that one.

laureato di arte
12-21-2005, 08:37 AM
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/677/677700p1.html

New Revolution Games Announced
New Japanese publisher working on two games.
by Anoop Gantayat (http://revolution.ign.com/email.html)

December 20, 2005 - If you`ve been keeping up with the Japanese game scene over the past few months, you might have heard of a new game company called AQ Interactive. This publisher released one of Japan's Xbox 360 launch titles, Tetris: the Grand Master Ace and went on to announce a few additional titles for platforms that include the Xbox 360 and PSP. But it wasn't until today that we learned the true nature of the beast.

AQ held a press conference today in Tokyo to formally introduce itself. The company, whose name stands for Artistic Quality, opened its doors on 10/1 as a publisher for three group development studios, Artoon, Cavia and Feel Plus. Together, these companies are known for such properties as Blinx and Drakengard. Artoon is currently working with Mistwalker on Blue Dragon for the Xbox (http://revolution.ign.com/articles/677/677700p1.html#) 360 while Feel Plus is doing the same for Lost Odyssey. All together, between the three studios, the publisher claims to have 350 staffers creating games. While the three studios will continue to work with different publishers, a number of projects will come under the AQ publishing brand. In addition to the previously announced Onimyou Nikki for the PSP, the company is working on an original RPG for the portable. DS will be getting an adventure game (http://revolution.ign.com/articles/677/677700p1.html#) and an edutainment title. PS2 will be getting a game based off a girl-oriented comic license.

Revolution is included in the list, making AQ one of the first 3rd parties to commit support for Nintendo's new platform. The company is working on an original action title and a game based off a major comic license. Additional details were not provided at the press conference.

More details are known on the company's plans for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Xbox 360, in addition to a previously announced mahjong game, will get a new Cavia-developed title called Bullet Witch. Set in 2013, the game tells the story of a desperate fight between man, who is on the verge of extinction, and demons. You play as a witch named Alicia. Although the game clearly features some fantasy elements, it actually takes place in a realistic world setting.

Bullet Witch is an action adventure (http://revolution.ign.com/articles/677/677700p1.html#) with story sequences intermixed with gun fights and magic. The game promises to make full use of the Xbox 360`s visual capabilities for its enemies, including giant dragon-like demons. Development is currently at 40% with a Japanese release planned for Spring of 2006.

The next title announced by AQ is Vampire`s Rain, which is being developed at Artoon for the Xbox 360 but will also be released on the PS3. Artoon CEO Naoto Oshima, one of the creative forces in the creation of the Sonic the Hedgehog (http://revolution.ign.com/articles/677/677700p1.html#) series, is working directly on this title and promises a game that makes vampires scary once again.

Vampire`s Rain takes place in a city in suburban Los Angeles, where vampires have been determined to reside. Players take control of a special operative called John Lloyd and, having entered the city, must wipe out the vampires. The game will make heavy use of rain. A trailer shown at the press conference displayed realistic lighting and water effects.

Artoon is working network features into this title. The game will feature some sort of gameplay system where players need to figure out who's a vampire and what they would do if they themselves were a vampire. Online gameplay will involve competitive play of some form.

Vampire Rain is set for Japanese release next Winter. The game is far enough in development that Artoon was able to demonstrate a real time version at the press conference.

AQ also has a third Xbox 360 title in the works, Cry On. This one is a joint project between Mistwalker and Cavia. It turns out that Mistwalker founder Hironobu Sakaguchi is actually a share holder in AQ Interactive, and he appeared in person to announce the game.

The theme of Cry On is tears. Sakaguchi, in a classic Sakaguchi moment, pointed out to attendees that tears come not just from sadness, but from happiness and being moved as well. Players will take control of main character Sally in this action adventure, working through scenarios that promise an emotional response.

Cry On takes place in a world where people live amongst giant sand creatures. We mistakenly reported earlier that Sally fights these giants. In fact, she's actually in the company of one of them, a creature named Bogle, and fights alongside it. Although normally tiny, Bogle can transform into a giant beast to fight. He'll do so when Sally is in danger. The game promises to give players the perspective not just of Sally, but of Bogle as well.

Sakaguchi himself is serving as producer and scenario writer on the title, and he promises a title that offers lots of freedom to players and also makes them think. Long-time musical partner Nobuo Uematsu is handling composition and says we can probably expect a vocal song to be included with the title. The game's scenario is currently fifty percent complete, suggesting an early title, and one without a set release date at this point. AQ is putting some big funding behind this one, with a budget reportedly at 10 million dollars.

Finally, AQ made vague reference to a second PS3 title. The company is working on a major 3D game of some form, but that's all the information that was provided.

With all these games backed by big names like Uematsu and Sakaguchi, AQ Interactive may end up with the name recognition that its first title, Tetris, didn't suggest.

Ilmarinen
12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
the main reason why i check nin:rev threads is to see if hazdaz has posted his hatemail in them. so far he hasn`t let me down once. although it`s actually pretty sad to see someone so dedicated in hating a gaming console, lol.

as for revolution itself, I find it to be pretty nifty. Haven`t owned a console after the NES, maybe its time to delve into console gaming again.

nofosu
12-21-2005, 02:13 PM
the main reason why i check nin:rev threads is to see if hazdaz has posted his hatemail in them. so far he hasn`t let me down once. although it`s actually pretty sad to see someone so dedicated in hating a gaming console, lol.

Yeh me too. LOL

Hazdaz i have one question for you. Regardless of whether u think the controller will be succesufull or will suck, can you not appreciate that nintendo are bringin something fresh to the game scene. Do you not think this idea is broadening the Market and its for the benfefit of us who loves games. We well and truly know u hate nintendo. But you are making ur self look like, as odubtaig (member.php?u=4319) said, an asshat (I Swear this is the first time i have dat word and it has me laughing hysterically ). Regardless of wether u hate something you can't let that hatred blind your outlook on things thats is just weak, and does not speak well for your character.

I think the thing that has got most people hyped is the fact that they see a lot of potential for this new device. I remember how i felt when i was fighting against Ganon in Zelda OOT the final battle, the way i was immersed in that battle was amazing, and should anyone have asked me if it could have been improved in anyway i would have said no, but now with the introduction of this controller i will have to say that, it would have made that gameing moment so much more deeper for me, the fact that i would have to physically swing(or even flick my wrist wot eva), to deal that final blow to ganon would have put that sweet icing on already great tasting cake.( WOW!! are those tears that are leaking out my eyes). And its scenarios like that, that make this controller seem ever so exciting. That may not be that important to u, but its important to many other gamers out there, so if you can't respect nintendo or the rev, respect that at the very least.

The Whole benefit of what nintendo are bringing is that, it will hopefully inspire the other competatives to bring something new to the market in this Gen or the next, right now there is no real difference between PS3 And the X360, except for raw power.The Only thing i am hoping for is that more developers get the balls to develop for the revo, and shake the gaming industry up a bit, because, its kinda boring right now and we are all looking to the future of these new beasts to take us back to the golden age of gaming.

Do You see cough!!hater!!cough Hazdaz. Do you See :thumbsup:!!

laureato di arte
12-22-2005, 02:23 AM
well yess, yess indeed

laureato di arte
12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Play Twilight Princess with Revolution Controller (http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2005/12/22/play-twlight-princess-with-revolution-controller/)

Now Playing - Mario & Luigi: PiT - DS

by 4ndy (misterbowtie@hotmail.com) - 12.22.05

http://www.4colorrebellion.net/media/pics/05/12/rev_zelda.jpg

source: NGC Magazine

Back in September, Nintendo announced: “Out development team has decided to take extra time to add some incredible elements.” These were elements that Miyamoto and Zelda director Aonuma said were “simply far too good to leave out.” And they weren’t wrong.

NGC can exclusively reveal that Twilight Princess will be playable on the forthcoming Revolution using the upcoming console’s unique controller. Zelda will actually ‘bring in’ the Revolution by launching fairly close to the new system, which is set to be released around November of next year, according to our sources.

“But they also promised it would be out on Gamecube!” we hear you cry. Well, they weren’t lying. Twilight Pricess will be released on Gamecube - there’s no changing that fact. However, when you insert your disc into your Revolution, you’ll be given the option to use the Revolution’s controller, with all the advantages that this will bring.

So what’s the reason for all this? Well, it kind of makes sense. With Gamecube entering its twilight years, it gives retailers time to clear their Gamecube stock. And riding on the back of Revolution, it means that the game, which has now been in development for quite some time, will find as big an audience and gain the recognition it deserves - it will be the first port of call for those of us still with Gamecubes, and for those who have just bought a Revolution.

More… (http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2005/12/22/play-twlight-princess-with-revolution-controller/#more-2384)

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.