PDA

View Full Version : psuedo computer test screens

Per-Anders
11-24-2002, 08:55 PM
Is there a resource somewhere of these things?

You know what i mean, little images of pie charts forming, bar charts flying by, meaningless text pouring past. Stuff you can put on screens to make it look like a compuer is doing something exciting and useful like testing the molecular makeup of some poor guy.

vertigo
11-27-2002, 08:24 PM
Hi!

Well, I think you could actually create such things by yourself: You could just capture your screen, while making weird things with Excel charts or 3d models...

Greets

vertigo

Per-Anders
11-27-2002, 08:57 PM
thanks... anyhow in the end made some basic ones in after effects/illustrator... i needed more scientific looking ones i just wondered if there was some stock footage somewhere.

vertigo
11-27-2002, 09:02 PM
Hi!

I think you can capture some material from some scientific TV shows, or scan some 3D/2D scientific graphics from magazines, change them and edit them and then composite them to a screen :bounce:

Good luck!

Greets

vertigo

adboy
11-28-2002, 10:27 AM
i've been looking for inspiration on stuff like that myself and a freind pointed me at this guys site

http://www.teknoel.com/

he's the tit's:buttrock:
i have no idea how he creates most of his stuff

vertigo
11-28-2002, 11:13 AM
The site looks cool!

I bet he had a lot of time, working on his projects :rolleyes: :)

But, anyway, the site is really full of inspiration!

Greets

vertigo

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.