PDA

View Full Version : Thief/assassin Girl, Kamui (2D)

Kamui
11-24-2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1510/thief02nov24_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1510/thief02nov24.jpg)

this is a character i just came up with and drew for fun and practice. She's a thief class character of some sort. I think the face is a bit slanted in some places, and looks awkwards at times, but i hope that does not defer from the picture. :)

drawn and colored in painter 6 with a wacom graphire.

ps: for all those people who asked for my website, i don't have one. I am a poor bum and i can't pay for hosting at all. If anyone can enlighten me to an alternative, i'm all ears :wavey:

shaangfx
11-24-2002, 07:07 PM
hey frnd!

this is so cool wrk man! really hot !

i like the character and the way u handled colouring over it! abd the body gesture is perfect!

keep it up! :bounce: :scream: ;) :beer: :thumbsup:

www.portfolio.com can help u out with free web space to maximum pictures of 5 !

http://artattack.to can help u to give u web space unlimited..

u just have to register for free there!

SheepFactory
11-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Another breathtaking piece from Kamui :thumbsup:

here is a little present from me , for free hosting check this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22525&highlight=free+hosting

Kamui
11-24-2002, 07:10 PM
hi hi, thank you! :beer:
sorry to post again, but i'm gonna upload a smaller version here in case i run out of bandwidth again.

please, tell me what you think about the pic and any crits i can take note of for future work. :bounce:

shadowhand
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
holy mother of god that is awesome. :applause:

CarlCampbell
11-24-2002, 09:13 PM
I think I know what she uses to catch people off their guard, muhahaha :drool:

Carl :beer: :love:

decoy
11-25-2002, 05:50 AM
:thumbsup: GREAT WORK! I LOVE IT ALL! :thumbsup:

One thing thou....She doesn't have the killer look in her eye that an assasin would (of course she would probably disagree...chop my balls off and hand them back to me.) :)

How about a dynamic pose for your next feat of artistic mastery?

Keep it up :beer:

Quack Quack.

Lunatique
11-25-2002, 05:59 AM
I like this a lot.

Only crit is:

Her features are crooked. Flip the image horizontally to see what I mean. Especially her eyes and nose.

Kamui
11-25-2002, 06:24 AM
hey Sheep Factory! thanks man, but unfortunately, the free hosting isn't available anymore because of bandwidth problems :(

decoy: sure, i will try something more dynamic!

Lunatique: thank you. I mentioned in my first post that her face is off. i've noticed that problem too and yes i have flipped the picture around :surprised for some reason it looks better this way haha.

thanks to everyone else! :beer:

typeA
11-25-2002, 06:27 AM
umm..ok man thats eunf...we all know you kick as now go away so i can stop wanting to kill myself lol

Sleepless
11-25-2002, 06:30 AM
a perfect pair......nice knives too.

Great work again, agree with the pose suggestion but I'm sure you'll crank out many more.:) :)

torbjorn
11-25-2002, 09:17 AM
it actually looks like she pulled up her shirt just to show her boobs...Doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, and I like b**bs... ;-)

Just a detail though

CarlCampbell
11-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Or that she cut that portion of shirt away just to show 'em off. Like I said... she'd like to catch ya off guard fo' sho'! I really like the fullness of them though, 'bet she DOES need those buckles to hold 'em up :drool: :drool: :drool:

Carl :beer:

CarlCampbell
11-25-2002, 06:27 PM
On other thing, IMO... I'm no big expert, but isn't her nose kinda flat? Or is that just cuzza lighting?

Carl :beer:

eunuchbot
11-25-2002, 11:39 PM
cool pic, only complaint: her fore arms are too short, shouldn't her hands be past her... waist especially if her shoulders are in that position

Nick Unden
11-26-2002, 12:22 AM
Man, you have been busy! How do you keep coming up with these great images?!
These are perfect to hand in to you-know-where. Keep it up man, you're on your way!!

Kamui
11-26-2002, 06:26 AM
typeA: awwww don't say thaaaat... :sad:

Sleepless: thank you! i will try to do more and improve as i do so. i really hope you guys don't mind looking at my stuff..

torbjorn: well,.. heh, i intended it to be just a sleeve-shirt but i guess i put too many folds in it. :p

CarlCampbell: i see too, yeah her nose is a bit flat. i think i could've rendered it better. or just think of it as an asian nose :)

eunuchbot: hmm i dunno, i think it looks okay as it is...

Nick Unden: yo Nick! how's it goin? i'm just getting as much practice and content for my portfolio as i can :scream:

varius
11-26-2002, 04:21 PM
wow gr8 work:)

teach me how to draw boobies like that:drool:
i always have problem with in when i'm drawning:(

:)

ps. That knifes reminds me FF9, zidane have weapon like that:)

PsychedelicMind
11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
neee~~~ Can't believe I didnt say anything yet. Kamui! Arg! Must have your brains! Hehe... that's really sweet work! :D Really hope you manage to get a website soon... You must have tonnes of other stuff there waiting to be seen~ :thumbsup:

Titan
11-26-2002, 06:50 PM
nice work man....really creative...excellent use of design and color....post more!!!

Bahamut
11-27-2002, 03:09 PM
You have very original anime style.

Continue in the same spirit!!!

LordEzzat
11-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Sweet looking I'll send you info on webspace for free 100mbs and more!!

Shiny
11-29-2002, 12:04 AM
woow..she's pretty hot :)
amazing work!

piajartist
11-29-2002, 05:24 AM
she can pick pocket me anyday!

Indolent
11-30-2002, 02:00 AM
This is beautiful, man. I almost commented on this the other day, but I was in a hurry to get offline and head up to the family's for thanksgiving. Keep posting sexy elf chicks. Or anything else you've done, for that matter. ;)

Trond79
09-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Great work m8 :applause:

I do hope you get your webspace sorted.

Btw. I'm sitting here with a fresh copy of "Exposé 1" (page 59) , and that's why i'm here now... to see more of your work :)

She looks so good on print :thumbsup:

Mindkontrol
09-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Great work! I like your style alot...Only crits i really have are i think her right eye might be a tad far out...In a non-stylized drawing the eyes are roughly an eye apart...Also i think the torso could use a little more of an S curve...Very nice tho!

jerbille
09-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Damn !! thats great work !!!

I really like your style dude !!@#!@#

:buttrock: :drool: :buttrock:

Leonard
09-17-2003, 08:26 AM
I've added this pic to the gallery at CGNetworks. Great stuff.

L.

William b. Hand
09-17-2003, 09:57 AM
[Leonard... isn't it premature to put a w.i.p. image in the gallery??]

I like her a lot! Exactly the sort of face that I love to draw - normal proportions-be-damned!

You asked for advice about the face, and you do seem to have a few 'off' areas, so here goes:

I think you should review ear placement - that ear is very far back on the head. Also, it looks like a very accurate ear, but I think it's far too detailed compared to the rest of the piece and it should be abbreviated.

But the main and most damaging error is in the eyes. I hope I haven't overstepped any boundaries in doing this, but I came up with a couple of options... I think they'll help you :).

In the first frame is the original, obviously.
In option A, I approached the left eye by shifting its position somewhat to the right, and down. I believe I also enlarged it a tad, and rotated clockwise. While this puts it on a better plane with the rest of the face, the look of her is changed dramatically and I wasn't happy with it.
In option B, I focused on the right eye by shifting it right, and up, and transformed it smaller. The left eye was still 'off' a little, so I also moved it slightly to the right. This brought both eyes onto the same plane, and keeps that 'far-distanced-eyes' cuteness that's so appealing in the original.

What do you think?

http://homepage.mac.com/whand/.Pictures/'thief'EyeChanges.jpg

HOLY CHRIST... I didn't see how friggin' ancient this thread is. Great. So that was pointless.:surprised

Leonard
09-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by William b. Hand
[Leonard... isn't it premature to put a w.i.p. image in the gallery??]

No - because this image is on a full page in EXPOSE'. As far as I'm concerned, it's done.

L.

William b. Hand
09-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Gotta get me one a dem fancy EXPOSƒ books!

[No harm meant, Leonard, I was just a little suprised is all. I hope my query had some merit.]

But certainly this is a most worthy addition to the tome!
:beer:

lildragon
09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
You've done a great job here, not much to crit on, but I just wanted to say I dig her face and proprotions, looks like you spent a bit of time achieving that. Very solid character.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Nice work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_sept03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

butchoi
09-24-2003, 05:36 AM
kickass!
:eek:

Black Jesus
09-24-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by CarlCampbell
Or that she cut that portion of shirt away just to show 'em off. Like I said... she'd like to catch ya off guard fo' sho'! I really like the fullness of them though, 'bet she DOES need those buckles to hold 'em up :drool: Carl :beer:

if i had boobs like that i'd be showin' em off too. :eek:

doublerr
07-08-2004, 02:54 PM
nice gestures, sexy....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.