PDA

View Full Version : Young Elf (B&W drawing)

HaDDeS
11-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Helloooo everybody !!! :wavey:

(hello LILDRAGON if u come by here :bowdown: )

so it's a long time now i last posted here !

I did this litle drawing yesterday for relaxing and changing a bit from the 3d. As ever with me it's certainly out of proportions and anatomicaly odd (it's sure :cry: )... Anyway i donno if i'll be able to do that right one day ... sigh

Anyway, everything has been done in photoshop

Of course if you have coments , crits , or whatever you think , feel free please to write !!

-- HaDDeS --

here it is

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/haddes/huy.jpg

shaangfx
11-24-2002, 06:40 PM
this is really nice wrk :)

its often difficult to handle black and white colours...i wonder how more beautiful will it look in colours!!!

keep it up!

noorlander
12-12-2002, 12:54 PM
GREAT WORK

like the focus depth effect... a very relaxing image...:beer:

loganx3d
12-12-2002, 05:32 PM
The sharp edges on the tattoos look out of place with the soft light of the actual figure. The background as well has very rich, high-contrast texture to it, which also contrasts with the subject matter. I think you need at least a little bit of connection between the two... perhaps making parts of the bg more soft or adding an intermediate object would help.

I like the wrinkles on the skin.

HaDDeS
12-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Thanx everybody for your support and crits !! :D

Loganx3d, you right about the BG, in fact i shouldn't have add one, the pic was great without it. As often i tought something was missing, and did this .... . . the problem is it's composed of flowers photos parts and of course it's sharper and more precise than my drawing ... . .then you know the rest of the story :p

Will retry without it !

Again thx guys for your help !! :thumbsup:

bye bye :wavey:

-- HaDDeS --

decoy
12-12-2002, 07:01 PM
I like it! :thumbsup:

Contrary to what others have said I like the sharp edges on the tattoos and detailed background....reminds me of DAVE MCKEAN's work. :)

Her nipples don't look like they are pointing in the right direction though...her left nipple needs to go up and to the right???

QUACK QUACK

eunuchbot
12-12-2002, 09:49 PM
the brow bone and nipples are off, AWESOME rendering though!!!

HaDDeS
12-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Hello back everybody,

Hey thanks a lot for the the "MCkeans touch" !!! i wish i could have the 10th of the talent this artist has ! anyway about the nipples ur absolutely right lol it's off .... . in fact the problem with my way of drawing is that i'm starting something watching at forms emerging then trying to focus something and finaly shading everything. I never have an idea of what drawing will be at the end that's crazy i know but that's the way it is ; so as i'm working in the fog, most of the times the anatomical things are out of place or disproportionned ... .. and so on, i really should try to draw with a precise idea of what i'll get but so far, cannot do that yet. For me drawing ,(at the moment) is more of a feeling and umm pleasure of shading than a pleasure of making forms :p

Thanks again for your coments everybody ! :)

and talk to you soon !!

-- HaDDeS --

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.