PDA

View Full Version : Reality Bytes: Eight Myths About Video Games Debunked

Stillwell
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
A large gap exists between the public's perception of video games and what the research actually shows. The following is an attempt to separate fact from fiction.

Source:
http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html

gunslingerblack
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
RIGHT ON! it's about damn time someone debunked all this crapola that's goin around

halo
12-13-2005, 07:52 PM
what is this, a games chit chat forum or something?

erilaz
12-13-2005, 09:36 PM
what is this, a games chit chat forum or something?

No, but it's an issue that affects the industry.

As to the article, it's pretty much one side of the story. There are hundreds of studies going on right now proving snippets of proof on both sides of the fence, which only shows one thing: We don't know enough yet to say what's good or bad.
The only real thing that anyone could say was spot on was that if you're not quite right in the head to begin with, then there may be an issue with playing or watching violence. But that's just common sense.

halo
12-13-2005, 11:33 PM
No, but it's an issue that affects the industry.

so does the price of fish...but i wouldnt say its CG news.

erilaz
12-13-2005, 11:51 PM
...but i wouldnt say its CG news.

Well I agree on that. It's more for General Discussion. I'm not sure about this fish pricing you're talking about though. Unless there's an aquatic CG market opening up I haven't heard of.:D

Peddy
12-13-2005, 11:53 PM
well this article is more relevant than the price of fish, and im grateful to be aware of such research. Good read, but as erilaz said, bring your salt because its a very open field of research with too many factors to isolate the issues into 7 points.

Geta-Ve
12-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Well I agree on that. It's more for General Discussion. I'm not sure about this fish pricing you're talking about though. Unless there's an aquatic CG market opening up I haven't heard of.:D

you mean you didn't know?!

opus13
12-14-2005, 06:44 AM
this is not news. this is simple opinion, and propaganda at best. leave it to general discussion/off topic.

CGTalk Moderation
12-14-2005, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.