PDA

View Full Version : For all you BADASSES out there....

Vinsoviet
02-28-2002, 06:12 AM
Ok, we've seen some pretty impressive work out there, especially when it comes to modeling realistic humanoid figures. I've been modeling for about 6 months now and although my mechanical models aren't too bad, I wanna know about soft tissues.

Man, sometimes the way cloth drapes over some of these models is just amazing. I can only begin to understand how the geometry is composed to generate these effects. I'm talking about people wearing clothes, straps, gloves and what-not.

I don't expect to get any huge tutorials out of this but maybe some of you badasses will post samples of this good stuf and a brief explanation.

Someday.... I WILL be as good as you...... it just might take me a while.... heh heh.

Thanks

Vinsoviet
03-01-2002, 04:46 AM
ok.... even if you think you're not a bad ass, but you have some good examples of this type of work, you should post it.

serio.

Facial Deluxe
03-01-2002, 11:52 PM
http://www.pazur.3d.pl/REF_Tech_Cloth_eng.htm

Check here for real good tut on animated cloth !

MadMax
03-09-2002, 01:54 AM
A suggestion on reference materials would be to find books by Byrne Hogarth.

Dynamic Light and Shade

Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery

he has a whole series of books that are absolutely invaluable aid in doing everything character related.

The slant is for the illustrator, however the principles are very relevant for the 3D artist.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.