PDA

View Full Version : Net Render - Mac client cant see PC server

SteveB
12-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Hullo!

Hope a resident network guru can help me.

Im struggling to get our mac (G4 os x 10.3.9) net render client to talk to the server (on a pc).

The network consists of two pc laptops, one is the server. The pc laptops work fine with netrender - but the mac client cannot find the server. I have checked and double checked all the client settings on the mac and all seems correct. So far I have....

1 - Checked server info is correct on the client Mac

2 - I can ping the server pc from the mac and vice-versa with no errors or packet loss

3 - Mac fireall is off and ftp access is enabled

Thats about the limit of my network knowledge im afraid.

Anybody help?

Best regards,

Steve

Srek
12-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi,
make sure that the correct ports are set on server and client side. The defaults for the server port on PC and Mac are different. Try to set the server port to 8080 for all clients and server.
Cheers
Björn

dann_stubbs
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Hullo!

Hope a resident network guru can help me.

Im struggling to get our mac (G4 os x 10.3.9) net render client to talk to the server (on a pc).

The network consists of two pc laptops, one is the server. The pc laptops work fine with netrender - but the mac client cannot find the server. I have checked and double checked all the client settings on the mac and all seems correct. So far I have....

1 - Checked server info is correct on the client Mac

2 - I can ping the server pc from the mac and vice-versa with no errors or packet loss

3 - Mac fireall is off and ftp access is enabled

you dont' need to enable FTP access... that would sort of imply that the firewall is on (edit - ahh i see the FTP in the services - don't need to worry about that)

just copy the client.ini file from one of the working PC's and put it on the mac - it should work fine and ensure the NET client settings are the same

are the PC and mac on the same network? (i.e. no remote stuff or other routers in between right?)

really it should be as simple as putting in the PC server IP address (and login/password)

dann

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.