PDA

View Full Version : Hello!?!

Wegg
12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
So. . . where is everyone? What are you all working on? It seems as though this little corner of the web has turned into a tech support area more than a community. :-(

I know Messiah is a fairly complex program to learn but . . . I guess its hard for me to help people out that I don't really know or care much about. I think this place would be more of a resource and a much cooler place to visit if we had some background. Show us what your working on and what you hope to do with the software etc.

And how come I don't see any of you over on the IRC channel?

irc.freenode.net
#Messiah3d

Do. . . you know what IRC is?

stooch
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I work for an ad agency and currently building a 3D department by myself. I work with a motion graphics artist and we are trying to grab some of the $$$ the company regularly outsources.

Messiah is my character animation package of choice, although im anxious for another update...

IRC is for old people. that is sooo oldschool, lol.

Ive already shared some projects, currently most of my stuff is in lightwave.

Labuzz
12-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I am working on a car simulator...and you know what we are going to integrate our first character...the "sad" story is that I have no other choice to choose motionBuilder because of the fact that it supports weight maps and I can easily transfer bones via FBX...The autorig ( characterize/control rig) is cool too.
I found crazy that pmg hasn't add the few key features needed for 3d real time...

Wegg
12-13-2005, 07:48 PM
IRC is for old people. that is sooo oldschool, lol.

Yea. . .

Oh wait e-mail is older. And so is the internet!

/me smacks stooch upside the head.

Julez4001
12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Well thats been my complaint as well.

No one shows us their finished projects or in-progress except me, stooch and you.

Even if you incorporating another 3d package with Messiah, be great to see something.

Actually the Maya and Lightwave boards are just the same.

stooch
12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
lol ok ok IRC is not oldschool. its so 20th century....

svintaj
12-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Even if you incorporating another 3d package with Messiah, be great to see something.
Ok here is the only real work we have ever done with Messiah, so far...
Twiggs musicvideo "BlackFly": http://www.vectorfilm.se/BlackFly.wmv
And here is only the fly, for you who don't want to download the whole video (http://www.vectorfilm.se/Gallery%5CBlackFly.mpg)
The fly is animated in messiah and rendered in LW.

We are not using messiah at work now, but I'm lurking here all the time just waiting for next release of Messiah.

/ Svante

Suricate
12-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah, it has been very quiet here recently, I guess everybody is waiting for the next big update of messiah ...

I myself earn my money as a professional chess player. 3D animation is currently 'only' a hobby of mine (for about 3 and half years) , though I intend to become a professional in that area at some point. I am doodling around mainly with C4D and messiah, though I've been using LW and modo as well. I guess I am more of a technical guy, my main interests are in coding plug-ins and rigging.

I have hardly any finished work to show, so I show you a very early WIP of a scary alien. Rigging and animation in messah, modeling and rendering in C4D:
Alien Test WIP (http://www.animationsnippets.com/downloads/alientestqt.mov)

DMack
12-14-2005, 09:19 AM
OK I've got a project that was done in messiah. I'm guesing you're all familiar with Lovehearts - those sweets with messages on them....Well my studio did the TV commercial for them...Where can I upload the movie so that I can link to it in a post?
Also got an advert we did for Index (a catalogue based store in the UK) Very simple but a lot of fun....

That's the only commercial stuff I've done in messiah - the rest is all LW only.

Also working on a large pitch for a children's TV series. As soon as I can, I'll pop something up from that.

shadowfork
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Its the Holidays... we're all busy :bounce:

aforetaste
12-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get my pipeline working: LW, Zbrush, back to LW for endomorphs, Magpie then Messiah for animation and rendering.

I'd LOVE to show some stuff but my stuff is all crap at this point! With UV texture maps out of whack, missing endomorphs (thanks Zbrush)...

Okay... I'm the idiot.
How to you connect with irc.freenode.net?

Wegg
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
ick.

Dude skip the magpie step. Lip Sync in Messiah is brain dead easy. Can't help you with the Z-brush stuff though. :-(

Jedt3D
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, Hello everyone.

Not much post esp in messiah forum. I've started with messiah only a month. Even just search and read from Docs, Post here and Yahoo is too much for me at this time. But after Wegg want us to show off something, I'll post my next WIP & some question too. ;-)

IRC,... no.. Don't know how to chat & even use an IRC client. Just use Skype (jedt3d), MSN (jedt3d)

I've my own small studio & 3D training school in Thailand (SE Asia). I've use 3D since 3DS R4 on DOS. Many software you've heard I've tried but mostly, I've sticked with ElectricImage, Silo, formZ, (Cinema 4D just left.. use only BodyPaint 3D). And I'm currently working with my new modo & messiah. (Yes, I've use LW3D for years too)

I'm working mostly on 3D CG for high res still image for advertising agencies. Not much about animation as I want to work with still image. CA & FX is only my complement of work.

Can't wait for messiah:develop and HOPE to see new messiah features as Taron said in the Q1 2006!

AlexK
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I have a small character animation and visual effects facility in Germany. We use Messiah mostly for character work, but also for normal animation tasks. And most of the time also for rendering. Other tools we use include Silo, zBrush, Maya and Shave and a Haircut for 3D work and shake, AfterEffects and DigitalFusion (oh and of course Photoshop) for 2D post work.

Right now, we are working on a photo-realistic (or at least quite nice) panther for an international surveillance manufacturer. It's their company mascot.

I finally managed to open a thread covering this project. Take a look at it here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=302489).

phenobarbidoll
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
OK, I was kind of falling into the same pattern, thinking the forum was just about "technical stuffs...?" and "how too...?" :blush: ... but still, the forum is a great source for help !

Right now, I'm preparing a short (http://www.psykoter.com/CDB01.html) (about 3mn), I'm finishing the storyboard.
All the animation will be done with Messiah, and for the final look, I'll use Lightwave.
So, for the "technical" stuff: Technique (http://www.psykoter.com/CDB04.html)

I should think about a WIP thread, but have to find a way to don't reveal everything.

WesComan
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey guys :)

I've been lurking quite a lot over the last few months. I use XSI at work now so I don't get to use messiah so much but I'm still here and I use it at home. I hope to get into doing a bit more over the coming holidays and I have to say that the stuff Taron's been talking about sounds really exciting!

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.