PDA

View Full Version : Time to divide the galleries.

dasdas
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I think it is time to divide galleries into 3 or more parts. What I am talking about is the Finished work gallery, both 2D and 3D. Cgtalk is growing fast, there used to be about 5 post each day, and now about 20-25 post a day. It's refreshing too quick, and I am pretty sure it is going to get worse. More people are posting on this forum and evantually it will become a nightmare. Artist can no longer receive quality critques because most of people don't even bother to go to the 3rd page or 4th, or whatever. You can divide 2D and 3D forum into like: environment, character, story, ...etc. Just some thoughts. thanks.

Essex
12-14-2005, 02:36 AM
i've encountered a similar problem in the WIPs section. I wish i could have received more feedback, but my work was quickly pushed off of the 1st page and into obscurity. I'm also not big on "bumping" for the sake of moving my own thread ahead of others.

highhigh
12-14-2005, 04:45 AM
I totally agree, it's an issue cgtalk has to deal with it sooner or later.

Elsie
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
I also think that is a good idea, the amount of work that's being submitted is insane to keep up with, even checking everyday! :) Subcategories would be nice.

authentic
12-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Well do you think that if there were theme gallery there will be more replies. I think that many people will not have the courage to look at all the galleries It is as contraignant to go to another gallery than to go to another page. Moreover there will be no more "share of style". I find it interesting as it is.
MAybe it is more a porblem on seeing more thread on 1 page ?? But what I can say is that people who often replies are people which looks at more page that the others but you can't do it all the day long even if it could be a great occupation :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2005, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.