PDA

View Full Version : Counting Colours

orcone
12-13-2005, 03:28 AM
Is there a function in Photoshop that tells you how many colours are in an image?
I'm designing a t-shirt and the printer needs to know how many colours are in the image.
Thanks in advance :)

DizainLand
12-13-2005, 04:44 AM
i do not know the way they use :)

but you can know form save for web
choose GIF
from colors you can know and adjust the number

hope this help

pixelchemist
12-13-2005, 05:13 AM
he probably means how many colors in terms of 1 color, 2 color, 3 color, or full color (4 color cmyk) as in printing colors

if you tell him say 45,459 colors he will probably look at you funny

orcone
12-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Here is the design.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8899/bmstshirtv26zu.jpg
I tried using the Save for Web function but that didn't help. Can anybody here help me?

minky
12-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Taking a quick look at your design it appears you're only using one colour - white (and shades of white). Save your file a hi-res greyscale image and the printer should be able to deal with it.

It's worth noting that printing onto t-shirts is not necessarily like printing onto paper. T-shirts are often silk screen printed using opaque special/spot inks, as opposed to [translucent] CMYK with magazines etc.

orcone
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Sorry, I should clarify.
By "printer", I mean the t-shirt company who will apply my design to a t-shirt. I have been asked by them how many colours are on my design.
I think you're right though Minky, it only appears to be grayscale and that should be fine for them.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.