PDA

View Full Version : My site

Jaspar
11-24-2002, 01:57 PM
There are a few Flash animations on here. I managed to cut the main splash page down to 50k, and each part enters the stage as it loads, so no pre-loader was required. There is also my 'old site', which had no navigational function, it was just me learning to use Flash (and having a dodgy attempt at character animation). Also there's a collaboration in there, in the form of a Xmas card, I did the computer stuff. With all these projects my main challenge was minimizing the file size, Flash has some odd quirks.

One of the more interesting quirks I discovered is that symbols don't always reduce the file size. For the xmas animation, I had the town scene as lots of symbols (due to a large amount of repetition), all contained in one symbol. Problem is, in the published swf, the file was telling each individual element to move, rather than just the one container element. Breaking appart the backdrop more than halved my file size!

Flog
11-25-2002, 02:01 AM
Great little animations, but now its time to take it to the next level.

check out these sights

www.joinedartists.com, visit the forum, it is good inspiration for you.

Jaspar
11-25-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Flog
Great little animations, but now its time to take it to the next level.

"Do you think your Wu-Tang style can defeat me?":D

Sorry, you sounded real kung-fu;)

Thanks for the comments, I've signed up for the forum, and I now hope to take it to the next level.:) I take it, it is your forum?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.