PDA

View Full Version : Mission: Impossible 3 trailer

malducin
12-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Mission: Impossible 3 trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/missionimpossible3.html)

P_T
12-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Looks good as far as the action goes... not cheesy like the second one. :D

PhantomDesign
12-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Can't wait! :) I agree that MI2 was rather cheesy, but fun. I thought the story was unappealing. The MI3 trailer looks better.

zman
12-12-2005, 10:51 AM
yeah, the second one was sorta cheesy, less believeable than the first one. BUT I think its a bit different type of movie and as long as you dont take it too seriusly you can enjoy it. I think both movies were great in their own way and I'm sure this one will rock too.
too bad john woo isnt directing it again.

Nichod
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
MAKE IT STOP!!

Sigh. Lets make some new films with original stories. My opinion of course:shrug:

TheOnlyWoj
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't care who Tom Cruise dates. I don't care if he paid Katie and it's just a huge PR stunt to mask his gay secrets. I don't care if he believes in aliens and thetans and all that Scientology crazy bullshit. I frickin' love Tom Cruise as an actor. He's amazing, and I cant wait for some MI:3.

laureato di arte
12-12-2005, 11:14 AM
im looking forward to this. I liked both the MI:1 and MI:2 MI:2 had a certain unreal magical feel to the action, which is what John Woo does, MI:1 was more intelligent.

laureato di arte
12-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't care who Tom Cruise dates. I don't care if he paid Katie and it's just a huge PR stunt to mask his gay secrets. I don't care if he believes in aliens and thetans and all that Scientology crazy bullshit. I frickin' love Tom Cruise as an actor. He's amazing, and I cant wait for some MI:3.

And I simply love your avatar Gigady gigady gigaaaady!

simps
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
That last scene was where he gets thrown into the car is awesome.

I agree, I don't care what Tom Cruise does in his personal life. He may be nuts,but his films are great and he's a really good actor.

AJ
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
He may be nuts,but his films are great and he's a really good actor.

Clearly you've never seen Far & Away...

Philip Seymour Hoffman however, I could watch on film no matter what... Even if he just stood knee deep in dead chickens whistling "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" (see : Along Came Polly).

P_T
12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Think of MI as sorta like the James Bond series... same characters in different timeline not really a sequal or connected at all.

Although I heard the next James Bond is indeed going to be a remake... what is it with hollywood and remakes these days...

yog
12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Although I heard the next James Bond is indeed going to be a remake... what is it with hollywood and remakes these days...Don't forget "Never Say Never Again" was a direct remake of "Thunderball", and even had the same leading actor, Sean Connery.

OK, different studio, but I always thought it odd that if Sean Connery was going to do an independant James Bond, he should choose to remake a film he had already starred in :shrug:

brian
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Amen.

-Brian

beaker
12-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Philip Seymour Hoffman however, I could watch on film no matter what... Even if he just stood knee deep in dead chickens whistling "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" (see : Along Came Polly).Check him out in the recent movie "Capote". Great movie and he does an awsome job in it. Also as "Lester Banks" in "Almost Famous". I could name 10 more roles, all very memorable from him.

Bonedaddy
12-13-2005, 05:19 AM
I love Philip Seymour Hoffman in Punchdrunk Love.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Just, shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut the **** up!"

SheepFactory
12-13-2005, 05:24 AM
that shot of him getting thrown to the car was indeed awesome!

RockinAkin
12-13-2005, 05:30 AM
Yeah, that last shot was awesome.
Just curious though - if the explosion happened directly behind him - why was he thrown sideways?

Anyhow, looks pretty good from that trailer... i'll wait till I get to see more before getting hyped.

PhantomDesign
12-13-2005, 05:56 AM
I usually don't bring up subjects when I don't care. ;)

Nichod
12-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Why is everyone so into seeing this movie? Perhaps I'm the only one that appreciates a good story and screenwriting. From the first MI the story was horrible. But MI still did manage off being a decent movie and worthy of praise for reviving a preexisting franchise, and I did expect a MI:II, since it just made sense to do it. But MI:II was/is horrible. That said how can you expect MI:III to be better and how can you judge that you want to see MI:III by the few effects ridden action sequences in this clip? I for one will be renting this one, if even that. Action movies have gone downhill. I expect to be haggled for having this opinion, but I just have to know what will make this movie so interesting?

P_T
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM
hmm... I thought MI:I had a pretty good storyline as far as action movie goes. I agree with you about the second one, saw it once in the cinema and never bothered to rent it again, the action was too cheesy for me and it felt more like the usual action movie without much of that gadgetry that made MI:I and MI series popular in the first place.

I hope there will be more of that seemingly impossible mission that they pull off in this one coz THAT is one factor which will make this movie so interesting and set it apart from other action movies.

You're right though, can't really say it's gonna be a "must see" movie from the teaser but I'm willing to give it a chance since I think MI franchise has the potential to be great depending on who's making it.

beaker
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Why is everyone so into seeing this movie?Because J.J. Abrams is writing/directing it. Creator of some really great shows like "Lost" and "Alias".

Also it helps that there are some good actors in there. The previously mentioned Philip Seymour Hoffman, also Laurence Fishburn and Ving Rhames.

simps
12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I thought the first Mission Impossible was great. Part 2 did go in the wrong direction but had it's moments.

General Midi
01-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I thought the first Mission Impossible was great. Part 2 did go in the wrong direction but had it's moments.

It had it's moments of getting downright ridiculous!

MI1 was not that bad for an action blockbuster, but MI2 was insane!
I might not recall it correctly, but I think every single character in the film at one point pulls his mask of and turns out to be the other guy!! :scream:

(I now remember a scene in which Tom enters a room with the sun or something behind him so that he's all 'enlightened' ;-) with sunrays and sh*t and a white dove flying across him...I mean;... hahaha!!)

I don't care enough right now to find out who the director was , but I think he should be prosecuted.

Got a good feeling though M.I.XXXIV will rock!! Can't wait for it

xino
01-04-2006, 04:34 PM
It had it's moments of getting downright ridiculous!

MI1 was not that bad for an action blockbuster, but MI2 was insane!
I might not recall it correctly, but I think every single character in the film at one point pulls his mask of and turns out to be the other guy!! :scream:

(I now remember a scene in which Tom enters a room with the sun or something behind him so that he's all 'enlightened' ;-) with sunrays and sh*t and a white dove flying across him...I mean;... hahaha!!)

I don't care enough right now to find out who the director was , but I think he should be prosecuted.

Got a good feeling though M.I.XXXIV will rock!! Can't wait for it

You mean John Woo? The doves are his trademark in every movie. He always finds a way to work them in. Had people known what sort of movies Woo makes before seeing it, maybe they wouldn't have expected some brain-tingling plot.

P_T
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
yup, like his beretta, the dual beretta in Face Off and that beretta machine pistol in Broken Arrow.

Anyway, who wrote the screenplay for MI2? he's to blame as well I reckon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.