PDA

View Full Version : Character::HEBUS

collings
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Hello cgtalker,
it's the first time i post in the game art section , i used to make hires character model but since some days i though to model a lowpoly dude !
So i started this new guys this weekend , let me know what you think about it ..
It's my first lowpoly work so technical critics and advices are mostly welcome

Software: 3dsmax 8

http://sillord.free.fr/wip/3d/Hebus/Wip01.jpg

dreamsunlimited
12-12-2005, 03:38 AM
cooool , i really like it its very stylised.:bounce: i like the expression on his face really cunning. well done.what is the poly count u have in mind for this guy?you can add some more loops in the joints of the arms for proper deformation. keep it up waiting for the updates.

powerACE
12-12-2005, 08:11 AM
its a good model, is it he really has no hands? if it does then just make it then it would be finished :thumbsup:

how many polygons/triangles did it took to make it?

collings
12-12-2005, 08:16 AM
hey thanks guys , the most difficult task for me is not the modeling process but the texturing one. So i will quickly make the hand and after i attack the texture !!!

CG-Gordon
12-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Nice model so far, I especially like the character in the face. Your construction looks solid, you might be able to improve the poly flow around the lower shoulder area, thats the only part the sticks out to me. Looking forward to seeing the hand.

dreamsunlimited
12-12-2005, 11:38 AM
ok cool so do u plan to normal map it ?i think a good normal map will do wonders for him.what u say?

collings
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
yeah i can do a normal map but i do this guy mainly to check if i can make a nice texturing job! I'd like to work for Liquid developement as freelance. So i prefer to focus on the texture and not lose time in the hi res modeling. you know what i mean ...
But i don't know if the texturing is good enought i 'll make a normal map ;)

ps: i don't know if you know but Hebus is a character who already exist, he's from the comicbook Lanfeust. if you type in google " Lanfeust Hebus" you should see some pics of him!

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.