PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook Thread of Spirit Dreamer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

anandpg
01-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Hey Glenn! those doodles are sweet! When can we see some of your work from the figure drawing class?:bounce:

xric7
01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
hi Glenn,stunning thread!i afraid i will need to spend a couple of months to travel along ur thread.:drool: haaa.i realy like ur style of painting and the colors.and ofcoz ur anatomy is superb!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Frejasphere
01-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey Glenn :)

Popping in to say hello - and it's great to hear about your drawing class! :bounce: Sounds exciting and like you are enjoying it too, which is great :thumbsup: That digital camera of yours will be getting a work-out soon ;)

Nice doodles too! :)

take care and cheers
a. :)

Samanthie
01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Glenn, I like your latest doodle very soft and dreamy. :)

SpiritDreamer
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Jan 24, 2007

Anand...THANKS...Will post some stuff from my figure drawing class this weekend...hopefully...:)

Thitipon...THANK YOU...LOL...What are you doing, trying to give me a swollen ego...and head...I can't afford a new hat at the moment, and it is freezing cold here in Boston:scream: Really glad you are enjoying my thread though...I'm also really glad you started one too, and am also really enjoying what I have seen in it so far :thumbsup: ..Italy...some people just have all the luck..:scream:

Annette...THANKS FOR THE VISIT... ..Will wipe the dust off of that camera and see if I can figure out how to work it this weekend, I have a few drawings from that class that are worh posting..not great, but it's a start anyway, and hopefully they will get better as time goes forward...I HOPE ANYWAY.. :) ...Also glad you are enjoying my little doodle compositions..need to unwind a little after that Ingres self portrait I did for the OFDW #20....DOODLES ALWAYS SEEM TO DO THE TRICK FOR ME...:)

Samanthie....THANKS...Glad you enjoyed that one...I thought it was kind of pretty, and relaxing to look at it myself...took me away from this freezing cold weather we are having here in Boston, if only for a moment anyway...:scream:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Another doodle from the imagination, and memory of my subway ride to my class last night...the indefferance to their surroundings of the people with their cell phones, is very striking, amongst other things .think it would make a great painting..did this little doodle, to keep that thought..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HOMELESS_IN_THE_CITY.jpg

Zephyri
01-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi Glenn, that last Zbrush head is looking fantastic, love all the folds of skin about him, so much character in skin like that. One of the reasons I like painting older subjects.

And these doodles are very much your signature style. I like the last one, it would be interesting to see you tackle a subject like that, given that a lot of your stuff is very other worldly. I'd love to see how you'd manage colours and give it your stamp.

pushav
01-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Nice imagination sketch:thumbsup:

Trunks
01-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Glenn,
I am now trying to explain what I noticed on your last piece. This will be very funny because I don't know one of the words I need to use now :D

I think the horizon in your piece is really low and you vanishing point (?) is above your horizon line. Maybe you should try to think about how to create such an environment next time?

Sorry I can't explain it ... but maybe you have an idea what I mean ... sorry ...

SpiritDreamer
01-26-2007, 02:48 AM
JAN 25/07

Zephyri...THANKS...Got to get back to Z BRUSH, before I forget how to work it..:scream: ..Glad you liked the last one..will probably take it a few steps further,.. might try out some diferent brushes on it ect...see what kind of mood I can get, for that cold dark damp tunnel feeling..:)

Pushav..THANKS...Glad you like that one...has something worth saying in it I think..might put a sign next to the guy holding out the cup for change, that reads...HOME FROM THE WAR and HOMELESS..maybe a little American flag in his other hand...have him surounded by all those indefferent people on thier cell phones, ignoring his plight..:sad:

Trunks...There is no horizon in the subway...the vanishing point is at the end of the tunnel...the train tracks are in the bottom left corner, the people are on the platform, waiting for the train...the homeless people are leaning and lying against the back wall of the subway tunnel..the light area next to the standing figure towars the middle of painting, is the entrance to the platform,and tunnel,...just another tunnel and another sorce of light..been down thier a million times, that's the way it is, and the way it looks, and more importantly ..the way it feels...:) ...thank you for the opinon, and suggestion though, but that composition is pretty well thought out...:)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEED BACK EVERYONE..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

SpiritDreamer
01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
January 26, 2007

FIGURE DRAWING CLASS
OK...Here is some stuff from my first two figure drawing classes :eek: ...Far from perfect, but hey, it's a start....been a long time..
TWENTY SIX MORE CLASSES TO GO..WILL GET BETTER WITH EACH ONE ..I HOPE..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_1a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_2a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_3a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_4a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_5a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_6a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_7a.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_8a.jpg

Amerasu
01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Looking very good indeed!! I think the sketches of the women standing are especially good. They look nicely in proportion and shaded too. Your gesture drawings are very good as well. You've got that curvy line thing going on nicely! Great work :)

I just started a figure drawing class last night too. Very helpful and much better than working from photos.

Samanthie
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
These are great Glenn! I like the 3rd one down from the top, that little highlight adds alot to the image. Great figure studies too. Thanks for sharing them.:thumbsup:

Mu
01-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi Glenn,

the topmost drawing is just awesome... Really looking forward to what you are going to post over the course of this...erm..course...:scream:

I have been following Trunks post (and his desparate attempts at trying to get his points across...:D ).
As you were so kind to help me out with paintovers more than once, I thought I'd just try my hand at one. If you feel you don't like it in your thread, just tell me: I host that paintover on my site and can take it down anytime:
(click for larger format)

http://www.muratkayi.de/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_HOMELESS_IN_THE_CITY_lines.jpg (http://www.muratkayi.de/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/HOMELESS_IN_THE_CITY_lines.jpg)

if the horizon is not visible, then the term translates to eye level, doesn't it? The eye level is roughly there where I placed the horizontal green line. The ground of the wall the homeless man is resting at constitutes a line that crosses the horizon beyond the scope of the image, as is often the case. The point where it crosses is the vanishing point.

That makes the lines of the tracks and the border of the platform slightly out of perspective as I clumsily (:D ) tried to indicate with the red and the green lines.
Also the homeless people should be a bit further below the ground line of the wall, in my opinion.

The horizon line cuts through vertical objects of the same height at the same level. For two persons of the same height the horizon line would have to run through the same point at their body (e.g. the eyes or the hips). This makes the man in the middle quite tall which is not a mistake or something, but worth noting. If you wanted to adjust his size you could make the horizon line run through his eyes.

By the way, that study has a great emotional impact and the idea was striking and as you said so well yourself...

and more importantly ..the way it feels...:) .

you got that feeling across.

Hmmm, hope it helped... I am not that paintover-savvy...:D

Rebeccak
01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Glenn,

It's great to see the photos and to hear that you are enjoying a new figure drawing class! :) I think it's great that you've gone back to do that, I know that you will really enjoy it so much. I've just started a drawing class too (doing some really informal assistant teaching, really just observing the teacher of the class who is really good) and I will hopefully be posting the work from that class soon.

One suggestion is to do a few master studies in between classes traditionally - nothing too large or formal, just something to get your hand limbered up to make those rounded strokes when you go back to your life drawing class. :) I'm glad to see that you are getting so much enjoyment out of the drawings and I look forward to seeing more. :)

Kosmaty
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
i find it very hard to draw even on A3 when copying something smaler than that.
I think I have to get used to it...
so in my oppinion it is a big goal to draw on such a big format as you do :) waiting for progress on these :)

Trunks
01-26-2007, 09:24 PM
THANK YOU MR.MU!!

This was exactly what I wanted to say!

Edit: Glenn, I have not seen your traditional works first. Now... good job! For me they are looking nice ... as you said far away from perfect but a really good start :) Keep it going :)

SpiritDreamer
01-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Amerasu...THANKS...Glad to hear you are taking a figure drawing class also.... :thumbsup: Been eight years since I picked up a taditional tool, like a pen, about thirty for conti crayon :scream: I got hooked on digital big time LOL.

Will take me awhile to get back the motor skills lost during those digital years...but is just as exciting, fun, and challenging as I remember it to be, and even more so now, because I have learned so much in the last few years from doing digital, which allows for greater ease in experimentation, and exploration...Where this journy back into traditional will lead, ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS..BUT WILL BE FUN ALONG THE WAY,THAT MUCH I DO KNOW.. :)

Samanthie...THANKS...They just got a big roll of black paper in the school, I saw it as I was leaving class..will have to get some white chalk, and conti crayon now, to see if I can make the figures come out of darkness,...in my next session...Carravaggio style...should be fun :scream:

MR MU...THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time and effort to correct the perpective,..I wouldn't ever even think of having you take it off of here. I think what you did with it is GREAT

This forum is about learning, after all.. :)

JUST WONDERING WHAT PAUL CEZANNE WOULD SAY, IN REGARDS TO THE PERPECTIVE... :scream:

Very important not to loose sight of the obective in a painting in pursuit of detail,...my objective was emotional impact, mood, and feeling.

I think that I achieved my goal in that little five minute thumb nail sketch...I captured the thought that moved me to paint it in the first place, which is the purpose of thumbnail sketches after all.. :)

Rebecca..THANK YOU...Really glad to hear about your teaching thing.

Sounds like it is giving you a great deal of pleasure.you can't go wrong there now can you..You just never know where the journy will lead you :) ...Thanks for the great advice as usual..I was trying to think of a good way to loosen up my hand and arm before class...your idea sounds perfect...THANKS... :thumbsup:

Kosmaty....THANK YOU.....I find that if I work big, it exposes all my weak points that much more...no hiding when working big, everything is magnified..including mistakes...going big is the best way to learn about your faults fast, I think.. :)

Trunks: Thank you very much. You know how much I really appreciate your pushes, even though I might squeal a little at first. Just me. Keep 'em comin'!

TAKE CARE EVERYONE,AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEED BACK

Glenn

SpiritDreamer
01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
January 26, 2007

Figure Drawing for All Its Worth

Andrew Loomis

© 1944 Viking Press NY

Though these pictures might come in handy for anyone new to perspective and placing the figure in it. :)

Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/p34.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/p35.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/p36.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/p37.jpg

SpiritDreamer
01-26-2007, 10:00 PM
January 26, 2007

Today's Doodle ---

Notice the precision work in the perspective and the minute detail work in the faces. :bounce: :scream:

Take Care
Glenn:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FIGURE_DOODLES.jpg

SpiritDreamer
01-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Jan 27, 2007

Taking the second drawing that I posted from my class above,and turning it into a painting, placeing her high on the edge of a cliff, overlooking a river meandering down below, starting in the lower left corner, and going off into the thick atmosphere of a mountain range drenched in atmosphere...arial perpective.
Just seeing if I can make something decent, using these drawings that I am doing in class...paintings will get better as the drawings get better...proportion wise, ect....this exercise will give me the practice needed to turn the model drawings into paintings...Next time I go to class, I will take a photo of the model,from the angle that I am drawing her or him from, to use as a refference to get any details missed in the drawing session done in class...just thinking and planning ahead out loud here in type...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Nude_seated_from_class.jpg

SpiritDreamer
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Jan 27, 2007

A little more work on this one

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Nude_seated_from_class_7.jpg

FateBringer
01-27-2007, 10:42 PM
hey Spirit dreamer

it's great to see the sketch from your class, looks like a lot of fun. :)i see there is bonus features too, you get to make paintings from all the great sketches:scream:
have fun!:)

Mark

Samanthie
01-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Lovey image, I thought she should be by the sea too. Will you be adding waves breaking as well? Oh and thanks alot for the perspective pics!:)

NR43
01-28-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey Glenn

just popping in to say hi and thank you for your help in my own thread...
It's really great to see your drawings from life class... very inspiring... makes me want to try too many new things at the same time though :D

Anyway, keep em coming I'm enjoying the ride :bounce:

SpiritDreamer
01-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Jan 28, 2007

Mark....THANKS...A lot of fun for sure, need to take my camera next time though, for refference photo's of the model, to get the details missed in the drawing session..:)

Samanthie...THANKS...Was thinking of maybe a fjord type of thing, but waves sound good also...will try out both...:)
Glad you enjoyed the perspective pics from that old Loomis book of mine..those four pages will really come in handy,if you ever want to put a bunch of figures into your compositions I think..GREAT little tricks in there..:)

Johan...THANK YOU...Glad you are enjoying the ride..:) ...DISTINATION,...UNKNOWN...:scream:
I really am enjoying seeing your huge progress, so I am really glad to have been a small part of it, because I get to enjoy your journy also..:bounce: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A little more work on this one

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Nude_seated_from_class14.jpg

Trunks
01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi Glenn,
nice colors on your last piece!
I want to put your attention on the lightning in the scene... I am not sure if there is everything ok. You should go back to your first step and take the lightning again on this painting :)
Try to let her stay a little in the shadow and don't work on the whole details in the shadows ... maybe just forget that there is somehting and just show the shadow ... would be cool :D

Oh and for sure when I notice something you could do better I'll say it :) That's me :)

SpiritDreamer
01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Jan 28, 2007

Trunks..THANKS....You were right about about the lighting...looks a lot better with her back in shadow...chaged the color a little...a little more twilightish, and more subtle in the shadows...adds to the mood I think...:) Always room for more improvements though...but I think it looks better than the original conti crayon drawing that it came from at the moment, and is mainly an experiment to see if I can turn those drawings done in my figure drawing class with a model into paintings.
Off to a good start on this experiment...will hopefully get better with each one I do from that class ...TIME WILL TELL..:) THANKS AGAIN TRUNKS, FOR THE GREAT OPINIONS, AND SUGGESTIONS...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Nude_seated_from_class16.jpg

anandpg
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
:applause::applause: You have something really great going on, Glenn!! I can already see a series of awesome paintings...!! I am inspired!!

Frejasphere
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Glenn :)

Good to see you've figured out how to get your drawings from class via camera on to the computer :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll get a lot from that class!

Personally I wouldn't be taking photos in class to adjust drawings later, I tend to believe that life-drawing is just that... a great exercise in putting a time-limit on what you see and how long you have to work on capturing it :)

Having worked as a model for life drawing - I do tend to find the prospect of students taking photos in class a bit of a concern... :shrug: I am sure you would make sure that it was ok, just me voicing my thoughts...

looking forward to more updates :)

take care and cheers!

razz
01-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Well hello there, Glenn.

Wanted to stop by and write some bravos, but always somehow runned out. So here I am now. I like what you're doing with this life drawing piece. Each wip posted has a different feel to it. Who would agree that colors don't mean anything. I like the one with the greenish/yellowish light the most. Of course it's a more early wip, but just my thought about what looked best in my view, speaking only about the colors. What about the figure? Are you going to detail it more? What can I expect? :) I just want to hear what are planning or does it all come out when painting?
Ok, enough questions I think. Must be feeling good to come back to life drawing class. I'll be looking forward for more of your stuff from the class. I'm glad you share it.

SpiritDreamer
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Jan 29, 2007

Anand...THANK YOU...I keep getting all sorts of ideas for using these live models with this new technoligy..new technoligy, calls for a new way of thinking, or a rethinking of the options that it can afford, that weren't there before it came about. Whatever gets the best result, is what counts, and is what it is all about.Won't let old ideas hold me back IN A NEW AGE, when it comes to my ART...Glad and happy that I was able to inspire you with this idea of using the models this way..:)

Annette...THANKS....Don't need or want any time limits, or any limits at all for that matter put on my creativity, or my art..:)
LIFE, PHOTO, DIGITAL COMBO...IF IT WORKS, IT WORKS, IF IT DOESN'T, IT DOESN'T,..ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT..:scream:
I will get permission from the model first for sure..maybe bribe them if need be, with a painting from thier pose..will get varying responses from each model I'm sure...:) ...It was partly the teachers idea,and mine, after I showed him a color print of the Ingres self portrait I did for the OFDW #20, and that last Z BRUSH head I just did, so I'm ok there....Can't see much difference, between having a drawing made, and a photo made myself, and for sure can't affort a model for repeated sittings like BORIS, OR FRAZZETA,...so a photo will have to do...will capture the essence of the pose hopefully in class, in the short amount of time given, and refine it using a photo ..HOPEFULLY..:)

RAZZ...THANKS....JUST EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS IDEA AT THE MOMENT..:) .will be trying out all kinds of colors and styles in this series , just for fun mostly...some will work better than others, that's for sure.. no pain, no gain..:) ..if I get photo's of them, they will look that much better I think...will be able to get more detail, if I HAVE MORE TIME TO SEE THE MODEL, and the POSE..
THANKS for the GREAT feedback and opinions everyone..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Nude_seated_from_class_28.jpg

Samanthie
01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Glenn, You are still experimenting with color on this one so maybe some violet in the skay would look nice. If it's night(it looks like it is to me) then some cooler colors in the sky. It's very mysterious and I wonder what she is going to do. Nice one Glenn and I like that you give backgrounds to many of your life drawings and OFDW works.:thumbsup:

Thanks for all of your great help on my latest image. I'll keep all of those tips in my head for the next one. I'll post and update soon. :)

SpiritDreamer
01-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Jan 31, 2007

Samanthie...THANKS for the great feedback:thumbsup: ...violet on the way...:scream:

A couple of conti crayon drawings from last nights figure drawing class...first one is 20 min. second one 45 min....had a real nice slide show at the beginning of the class..all sorts of master drawings, to show the different styles and approaches to drawing the human figure. Those drawings looked great blown up big on the wall with th projector.
I am used to seeing them small in books..A whole different look to them when they are seen big...nice...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_2_Man_Sitting_Black.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_2_Man_Sitting.jpg

SylvanMist
02-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Ouu I really like the way those colors are hitting her body and in the atmosphere...The green & gold one at the top is really nice, and that golden one I think I like the best...then again the violet shaded one has a nice mood to it as well..lol, well I guess have one of each color for whatever mood you're in that day! hehe, it's nice to see variety and variations on the same image :) I have a hard time picking out which I like the best is the only problem!

Rebeccak
02-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Nice to see your new drawings Glenn :) - I think the proportions came out much better like you said and overall look more calm / confident than the first - it'll be quite interesting to follow your progress down the line! :) Out of curiosity, are you required to draw that large or is it up to you to decide how large you wish to work? For short poses, it might be so much easier to work smaller, on an 18" x 24" pad, but I'm just curious as to how large your teacher has asked you to draw. Looking forward to more!

Icey
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
YES!! That's it!! Those are the real things!

They allow you to focus more on volumes, form, edges… With a big painter brush you were just tempted to apply big strokes and than erase or add what you thought was necessary. This is what gives you full control! I’m sure these lessons will pay off! Can’t wait to see your drawings further on! :)

Samanthie
02-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Hi Glenn, really like the latest two drawings, especially the second. Very nice shading. I have got to get some conte crayon now.hehe

Trunks
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi Glenn,
nice work on this two figures! Working in this big sizes is really great isn't it? I love big pieces :D Ok and what I say now is really important for me to say... WORK ON YOUR HAND & FEET!
Never ... NEVER ... N-E-V-E-R again draw them like you did it. I know it was not your aim to draw hands or feet perfectly ... but so many artists forget to draw feets and/or hands correct in some of their sketches and that's the reason why their images are never looking believable ... hands and feets are so much more important then one could think.

Please start to take this serious ... do not draw just a few lines to show "hey there would be the hand" plase DRAW the hand ... not perfect ... that's not what I mean ... but draw it believable and correct.

I overplayed this now a little ... but I don't want you to this again ;)

Keep it up :) I like the style you used on this red figure :)

Thomasphoenix
02-03-2007, 03:36 AM
HI Glenn,
:)Great Life Studies! How many days a week(the life drawing sessions)?

Zephyri
02-03-2007, 04:07 AM
So wonderful to see you already making those llfe sketches into digital works! Instantly a Spirit Dreamer classic! Even from the drawing, your planes in general seem to improve, and of course the colours are wonderful.

Such large paper! Man, I think that would scare me off, being a miniaturist! But i'd imagine its great to have that freedom of movement, to let the arm record what it sees on an almost visual 1:1 scale. And you definitely got me thinking when you said your class was so far... I think i might just have to haul myself to one having seen the results. And is that you in the pictures? If so, you look pretty much as I'd imagined, which is quite odd, not often that happens!

su
02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
awesome life drawings:applause:
Now I have to go get some crayons if you'll excuse me.:)

SpiritDreamer
02-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Feb 3,2007

Roja....THANKS...Better to have too many to choose from, than not enough...

Rebecca...THANK YOU...The school provides the paper,free... comes in big rolls...white, brown, black..The teacher encourges everyone to work big,..his reason..big will enhance what you already know, and magnify what you don't know...no hiding when you work big.
I just like the challenge of it myself...feels good kind of thing,..plus is easier for these old eyes to see big things...and I also think that when you reduce a big drawing to put into the computer, it will be that much more sharper of an image to start with, when turning it into a painting...and when you blow it back up big, for printing, you won't have to wory about it falling apart, because it was big to start with..
I will most likely work at all sizes during the course of this class, but right now big just feels good after working with the restrictions of the size of the computer screen for so long..nice to stretch the old arm all the way out, and feel the energy coming from my shoulder, and entering the drawing..feels great..

HEY...Icey...THANKS...I will never be able to get the kind of detail your getting,..I used to be able to :scream: ...jealous of that eagle vision of yours ...but hope you never lose it.

Samanthie...THANKS...Can't wait to see your first conti crayon drawing,I think you will love them when and if you decide to try them out...they also come in pencil form now, more colors, which is really nice..a lot more options :thumbsup:

Trunks...THANKS...Glad you like big drawings, and the style i'm using in my drawings....and YES, I totally agree with you about the hands and feet...couldn't have said it better myself, and am really glad that you said it here....will keep me on my TOES, hands and feet now for sure....THANKS TRUNKS..:thumbsup:

HEY..Siju...YOUR BACK...:bounce: ...THANKS...My classes are two nights a week, tuesdays and wendays..five thirty to nine ..29 clasess..my teacher is a guy named Vito Frabris...teaches figure drawing in Florence Italy in the summer at the Lorenzo Medici school, and here in Boston in the winter..really nice guy, and seemes to know his stuff pretty good...a little hard to understand at times..heavy Itanian accent..:scream:

Zephyri ...Hi....Spirit Wind...Yes that's me.
My beard used to be red, and my hair platinum blond...WHAT HAPPENED..who is that old guy in that photo anyway :scream:
I think you would really enjoy a life class, and I also think you would really enjoy working big,...a change can be good sometimes, and pleasant...Aways a pleasure to have you blow into my world, glad you liked that first painting I made from my class drawing..will be many more to come, I hope...fun experiments...

Su...THANKS....Looking forward to seeing those conti crayon drawings, try it ...you'll like it

A little more experimenting with this woman, and the start of a new one made from last tuesdays model in class.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_Nude_seated_35.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_Nude_seated_41.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_Class_Meditating_man.jpg

Samanthie
02-04-2007, 04:08 AM
I am so going to get the conte in pencil, thanks.:) I like the new version of the woman. Now it appears as if she is in a wild dream, nice special effects. The man is very well done. On the man's left arm the underside of the forearm is difficult to make out. Maybe just a hint of light along the muscle there. It's really great so far Glenn!:)

killermachine
02-04-2007, 11:42 AM
i watched your thread whole afternoon.you for me are the most different artist iv ever seen (i'd love to learn from you).thinking,approach execution everythin is super cool.i used to do poems to but i stopped cuz i wanted to concentrate on my drawings.but when i saw how you use them i think i should start again.truly an inspiration.ur tips would prove very handy for sure

Trunks
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi Glenn,
nice work and correction on this red figure ... looks better now :)
Keep it up :)

razz
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Well I see the real work you do is at home, not at the class :D I think that's great you know. Would love to do that myself. But no figure drawing classes for me...Couldn't find one here either way.
You keep on going with these. And that really is a big sheet you're working on. And I do know that working big is great :scream: Well, not that big like you work, but still...
And lovely experiments too. Will be looking forward to more, Glenn :)

SpiritDreamer
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
FEB 4/07

Samanthie..THANKS...Will work on that forarm, was bothering me to.
I think you will really enjoy those conti pencils..:)

Killermachine...Really glad you enjoyed my thread...poetry is for sure an inner visual language if ever there was one..more to it than meets the eye.:)

Trunks...THANKS...Always need and look forward to your crits..always seem to be right...good eye you have there..:thumbsup:

RAZZ...THANK YOU....That class is more of a pleasure than work for me, but I am also learning a lot of great and new things while in that class..GREAT TEACHER..makes it a pleasure to be there..My work on these at home, is more of a pleasure than work also..just plain fun, to see what I can come up with while experimenting on the computer with these drawings from my class..gives me a whole new frontier to play in, and explore...always fun and a pleasure for me..if it wasn't, I wouldn't be doing it...lifes to short, to do things that don't give me pleasure, when I do them....just me..:)
TAKE CARE, AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK..EVERYONE
TAKE CARE
Glenn

First one is just an experiment to see what can be done with a drawing I did in class that was on black paper..tried to use the glare from the camera to my advantage..kind of reminds me of spiritual lighting, that goes with his meditative pose.
The second one is the model from last thurday nights class..head study mostly
The bottom two are just little very quick doodles from my imagination that I did before class, to loosen up my hand a little....first one is ball point pen and ink...bottom one is charcoal..first time i've picked up a piece of charcoal in probably twenty years...liked it, forgot how much fun it is using it...many more charcoal drawings to come.. just bought a ton of them at the art store..:scream:

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Class3_-_black_and_gold.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Class3_-_man_with_Glenn.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Class3_drawing.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Class3_-_woman_and_man.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
FEB 5/07

Worked on the big conti crayon drawing that is second down on the post above..the one i'm standing next to.Just trying different techniques out, in the computer, using painter #9 on these traditional drawings that i'm doing in my figure drawing class.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OLD_MAN_FROM_CLASS.jpg

Mu
02-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Glenn,

I can see how working traditionally (again, in your case...:D ) really adds a whole new spice into your digital soup...:scream:

The thought that really intruiges me is how your work will look once you integrated the 3D, digital 2D and traditional life drawings into one holistic approach!

SpiritDreamer
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Feb 7, 2007

:) MR MU...THANKS FOR THE VISIT...:)
A whole lot of options for sure...makes the journy a lot more exciting, and keeps me interested that much more:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Played around this morning with the little charcoal doodle I did from imagination the other day while loosening up before my class...posted above.
http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_HELPING_WOMAN_UP_4.jpg

Frejasphere
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM

Great to see how much exploration and experimentation you're getting from your class! :) :thumbsup:
I like those quick gestural sketches: ball-point and charcoal drawings from imagination. Also the "golden man" - you're right that it gives a spiritual air to his already serene pose :)

Hope you didn't get me wrong, what I said about keeping life-drawing as a
time limit excersise :D I think, because of the way I work; completely traditionally... If I do a life drawing - say a 20 min drawing, it's done - finito - complete :D after those 20 min; I wouldn't go over it (on the paper) to correct or change things later; Alas - forgetting that the digital world offers you the option of having your cake, and eating it too; you can keep the original drawing, whilst having a ball experimenting and changing that same drawing digitally.

Keep up the work & keep enjoying!

cheers and take care

SpiritDreamer
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Feb 9, 2007

Annette....THANKS...:) ...I understand what you were saying above, and I agree..I have ruined many a drawing by playing around with it, after it was finished....:scream: ...but not in the computer...HAVING YOUR CAKE, AND EATING IT TOO, ...Great way to put it...:thumbsup: :)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK..Annette...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A little more work this morning on this doodle from the imagination..NO REFFERENCES USED..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_HELPING_WOMAN_UP_14.jpg

Thomasphoenix
02-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Glenn,
A small suggestion ,a little more increase of the girls abdominal area would be nice!:)

SpiritDreamer
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
HEY...Siju...THANKS....Will see what I can do with it...time to get out the abdominal stretcher...:scream: :)
TAKER CARE
Glenn

Samanthie
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Nice update Glenn. I like the way you are developing the muscles, very nice left arm and back on the male so far.:)

Gord-MacDonald
02-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Always a pleasure to drop by Glen. You have got some really inovative work happening. Nice to see the traditoinal drawings (esp at scale in the photos).

Keep up the good work.

Gord

NR43
02-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm really amazed at the way you gave the drawing of that woman that something extra... Just placing her at the bank of a river and having her viewing some spiritual event occuring... seems so simple but I would never have come up with a story like that...
you make it look so easy :)

I'm also enjoying those quick gestural sketches from a few posts back... just a few lines required to describe a whole pose... :drool:

Anyway,
your classes have a positive impact on all of us here so thanks for going hehe

DiM
02-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey Glenn

I'm really liked your techniques! I like to see trditional painting.

SpiritDreamer
02-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Feb 10, 2007

Samanthie...THANKS...Been a long time since I painted anything starting with a line drawing, and filling in between the lines, not really my preferred method of painting....just trying to make something out of these little doodles that I creat from imagination to loosen up before class...will get better at it with time, and practice I hope...:)

Gord...THANKS...Always nice to have you drop by.. It's been a long time since I have done any traditional work...going to take awhile for me to get the feel for it again...but really enjoying it so far...really nice to work big for a change...and from a live model. :)

Johan....THANK YOU....I hope that these post might help somebody in some way, even if it is just in some small way,...I think that we all learn bits and pieces from each other in this forum,..that's what makes it so great, and a real pleasure to be part of,...for me anyway...:)

DiM....THANKS....I'm actually thinking of taking another class in traditional oil painting with live models, after I finish this figure drawing class that I'm in now...been a long time since I worked with oils traditionally...but have been getting a craving to do so lately...really miss pushing the brush into the canvas...just can't get that same feeling, while painting on the computer..so expect some traditional oil paintings posted in here, in the near future...:)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK ..EVERYONE..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

We had a good model in class the other night...had alot of character, which is always nice in a model...makes it alot easier to capture the essence of a person, if they have alot of character about them,...for me anyway. I got a really nice compliment from the model after class on these two drawings...He thanked me for doing such a great job, and said that the drawings looked just like him, and captured who he was perfectly...made me feel pretty good...:bounce:
The bottom two are just a couple of ball point pen and ink drawings done from imagination, to loosen up my hand before class.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_class_4_Glenn_man_sitting.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_class_4_Glenn_man_face.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_class_4_sketch_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Art_class_4_sketch_3.jpg

Samanthie
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Great updates Glenn. I really like the drawing of the man and he does indeed have alot of character. Looks like charcoal..right? It's great the model liked them too.:thumbsup:

Trunks
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi glenn...
sorry I don't have much time this and last week ... but I still don't like all of your hands. You can do them better :) But I see some improvement :) Keep at it!!

Oh and another idea: Take your fotos and mirror them with photoshop. When you see your drawings mirrored you see your mistakes best. Then next time try to do it the better way :)

Hope this helps!

Zephyri
02-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi Glenn, some more lovely life drawings, really loved the conti crayon one on the last page, thought the way you'd caught the light on the cheek bones was wonderful. And the last model really does look like a character, I'm not surprised he gave you such great feedback, I think the personality in him really comes across in the sketches.

Liking the pose on the imaginative piece a lot, though I'd agree that the woman needs a little more length between the underside of the breast and the first pelvic knobble (that being a technical term you understand!). But looking lovely thus far.

killermachine
02-12-2007, 12:01 PM
very very nice stuff :thumbsup:

Gisaiagami
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
excelent spirit dreamer
the new studys is very bice

SpiritDreamer
02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Feb 12, 2007

Samanthie...THANKS...Yeah....that's charcoal...long thick soft piece..:)

Trunks...THANKS...KIND OF UP AGAINST THE CLOCK IN THAT CLASS...lucky to have time to even get to the hands a little...I just put down enough information about the gesture of them, so I can refine them later...know about the mirror trick, thanks for mentioning it though..:)

Spirit Wind...THANK YOU...Worked on her abdoman area today...looks a little better I think..:)

killermachine....THANKS....Glad you enjoyed your visit...there is a tutorial in my thread somewhere on how to do spotlights..saw you were asking how to do them in your thread...I will post the page number in my thread where that tutorial is, as soon as I can find it,..it's back there somewhere..:scream:

Gisaiagami...THANKS...Glad you enjoy my works...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Played around this morning in the computer with this charcoal drawing from my figure drawing class drawn a few nights ago..posted above..just trying to see what can be done with a charcoal drawing drawn on white paper....Worked on the abdoman area of the female in the bottom post...gave more area, in that area..the faulty abdoman version is also posted above on this page..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_WITH_CHARACTER_3.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_WITH_CHARACTER_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_HELPING_WOMAN_UP_18.jpg

anandpg
02-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Hi Glenn! I am enjoying your life studies verymuch... love those color versions too..!:bounce: the bottom one shows promise of a great painting!

Mu
02-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi Glenn,

the first of the charcoal variations is really impressive and strongly graphical, like a woodcut. Great to see you playing around with just anything within your reach :scream:

Elliepower
02-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Mr. Spirit Dreamer,

whoa, you are working a lot and it looks great. Though I don't often write here, but I take a look at your work often. It is a lot of fun to draw from life, yes, I never worked in such big size like you do. But it is really inspiring.

Ciao,
Ellie :thumbsup:

Abyssis
02-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Feb 12, 2007 Played around this morning in the computer with this charcoal drawing....
http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_WITH_CHARACTER_3.jpg

Hi old fella, I was long time not here (bizzybizzybizzy...) - anyway: this version is exactly I like :thumbsup:

Take care and keep it up :)

-cheerZ- :wavey:

SpiritDreamer
02-14-2007, 10:22 PM
February 14, 2007

Anand....THANKS....Having fun experimenting...never know what the next one will turn out like...keeps it interesting and exciting for me..keeps the journy NEW...:)

MR MU...THANKS...The temptation is just too GREAT...:scream:

Ellie...THANKS...You should try BIG, at least once...BIG FUN..:)

Abyssis....THANK YOU...GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU..:thumbsup: ...Glad you liked that one...I think the orange and green added to the mood and gave it a whole different kind of feeling..funny how colors have a way of doing that sometimes...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A couple of more experiments...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_BIG_FACE_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/MAN_HELPING_WOMAN_UP_21.jpg

kSeth
02-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks you sooo much for posting up your wips. I've been looking for something like this for painter for awhile! Such a great help and inspiration!

SpiritDreamer
02-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Feb 16,2007

Seth...Thanks...Glad my thread, and the works in it are inspirering and of help to you...:)
There are a bunch of tutorials scattered throughout it...just a matter of taking some time to search for them...kind of like an Easter egg hunt..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Finally getting back the feel for CONTI CRAYON, after being away from it for so many years...faces from imagination no refferences...2 min. each...just practicing technique..faces are bigger than life, and done on newsprint,...same technique, paper, ect. that Burne Hogarth used for most of the images in his books ...the ones that weren't pure line or ink that is..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_drawing_woman.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_drawing_man.jpg

razz
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
2 mins and I see a face like that? It's awesome, Glenn. Did a great thing by taking up a Conti Crayon again, hehe. Is it possible to soften the look of it's strokes? I doubt that I've tried those ever. What's good about them comparing to charcoal or graphite pencils?
And please keep up with your imaginational. I like the lighting and would love to see it developed further.
Kudos, Glenn :bounce:

SpiritDreamer
02-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Feb 17,2007

HEY...Razz...THANKS...That conti crayon is great...not as messy as charcoal, and doesn't produce the dust and falloff like the charcoal does...you can get softer strokes, just by pressing softer..I tend to get
harder strokes,..just a lot of energy going through my shoulder when I do these bigger than life drawings...those two heads are each twice the size of a human head...but the harder strokes can be controlled and kept softer with a little consentration on that aspect of the drawing as you draw..I did a couple of full figures that came out soft looking..will post them later today maybe, so you can see the difference...kind of like playing a guitar, the harder you stroke the strings, the sharper the sound.
Conti crayon differs from pencil in the fact that it produces edge, gradation, and volume, with one stroke, where as pencil produces line, and you produce the volume, and gradation with more lines.
Glad you like that little imaginational drawing that I started to turn into a painting..the man and woman toghter one..I posted that one mainly for you, and was hoping that you would see it..was putting into visual form, what I was trying to explain to you in words, about doing figures from the imagination ect...Will be great if it helps you out in some way,..even if it is just in a small way...every little bit helps, is the way I see it..:) ...THANKS for stopping by Razz, always a pleasure to hear from you....and keep up the great works, and progress...a real pleasure for me seeing it happening, when I take a look at your thread.:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Pushing this traditional conti crayon drawing in the computer,...trying to creat a bridge between traditional and digital that works..mainly just experimenting as usual...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_drawing_man_5.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Feb 18, 2007

The strart of my OFDW #21
Not sure where I am going with this. Just going with it. Going to keep it unpredictable.
Face created from imagination - no references used.
Will add to the composition as I go along.

Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_drawing_man7.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Feb 19, 2007

A little more on this guy.

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_drawing_man13.jpg

anandpg
02-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey Glenn! Those Conti Crayon heads are really cool! I bought some conti crayon last week.. different shades of grey... but didnt try them yet.

SpiritDreamer
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
FEB 19 2007

Anand....THANKS...I never tried the grey conti crayons...so I am looking forward to seeing what they look like...hope you post some of your drawings that use them...:thumbsup: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Some figure studies that I am working on for the OFDW 21 concept that is just floating around like smoke in my head at this point...The composition will get clearer as time goes by,..I HOPE...:eek:
Like fishing for a vision...had a few nibbles so far,...waiting for the big bite, so I can reel it in...:scream:
CONTI CRAYON DRAWINGS on 18 by 24 in. newsprint paper. Created from imagination, no refferences used...5 min. each

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_3.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Crayon_1.jpg

NR43
02-19-2007, 02:54 PM
hey Glenn
typng with one hand like you now

great work on the OFDW piece.
you might want to concider making him more evil. an angry look would do the trick I think... just a suggestion ;)

SpiritDreamer
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
:) HEY...Johan..:eek:
EVIL was not the charater of the satyr....LUSTFUL YES, but EVIL NEVER.:)
He would only get and be angry I think if he was called and portrayed as EVIL by those who think they know everything about GOOD and EVIL, and are ONCE AGAIN looking for a SCAPE GOAT, but in TRUTH know NOTHING, of his TRUE NATURE, or THEIR OWN..:)
Just my personal opinion though...:)
THANKS for the feedback Johan....that's how ideas are born...:bounce: :thumbsup:
Funny about the one finger typing...hope you don't develope single digit carple syndrome...SDCS...:scream:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

coochaki
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Impressive artworks on your forum.
waiting to see more of your OFDW .....
Take care!

NR43
02-19-2007, 06:07 PM
You're right Glenn
I was under the impression it was a devil... since the OFDW theme is Angels and Devils, I don't think satyrs belong in there to be honest... they represent what was considered sinful but not truly evil.

the top of his cranium seems to blend in a bit too much with the background maybe...
just thinking out loud here... maybe it was intended...

.hope you don't develope single digit carple syndrome...SDCS...:scream:
lol thanks that made my day hehe
you've a nice sense for humor, which is a great thing to have upberhaupt

the last couple of darwings... hadn't mentioned yet in previous post... very pleasing to the eye...

Amerasu
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow!! I love what you're doing with OFDW 021. He looks fantastic so far. The colours are great... so hot and steamy. Perfect for a satyr ;)

Also liking the new conti crayon heads. Great work from memory. And cool use of the medium too. I can't manage to work with anything more than a pencil for drawing, lol.

SpiritDreamer
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
FEB 21 2007

Mohammad….THANKS,…Glad you enjoyed the visit.

Johan….THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK,…I just didn’t want the satyr to get a bad rap, and be mistakenly associated with an evil demon/devil…two entirely different critters, with totally different intents and motives.

Amerasu….THANKS…That conti crayon is taking me awhile to get reused to, but I still really like the way it feels while using it, and also the results it is able to give when fully mastered, which will be awhile yet for me I think.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK EVERYONE…REALLY HELPS
TAKE CARE
Glenn

OFDW 21
Wasn’t planning on turning that satyr into a demon, but what the hell
You just never know where you’ll end up, when you don’t know where you are going…unpredictable endings assured.
Same goes for the little doodle drawing of the man and woman that I have been playing with for a few days now,…you just never know.
Both are totally from imagination, no references used.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_4.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GRAB_THE_DEVEL_BY_THE_TAIL.jpg

anandpg
02-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Hi Glenn! really enjoying those life studies and doodles!:scream:... I love the technique you used on the devil!... painter, right?

SpiritDreamer
02-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Feb 23, 2007

Anand....THANKS....That demon was started as a conti crayon drawing on newsprint paper, then put into painter #9, then Z BRUSH.
The demon and woman doodle one, was a small charcoal drawing done in my notebook, then put into painter #9.
I am going to need some help from you on this new Z BRUSH demon that I just started...there are a couple of things that I can't figure out how to do in that program, ..like how to use the snake hook brush, while keeping the head as a tool or 3d object so I can rotate it as I use that brush..totally stumped on how to do that...it keeps turning to 2d every time I select that brush, and then I can't rotate the head..HELP :banghead:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Starting a new demon using ZBrush

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_1.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_3.jpg

Amerasu
02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
The Zbrush demon is looking fantastic! creepy :)

SpiritDreamer
02-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Feb 24, 2007

Amerasu: Thanks! Going to get even more creepier as it goes on.
:eek:

OFDW 021 Little more work on this cast of characters

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY_6.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY_7.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY_8.jpg

anandpg
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Glenn.. great start on the new demon!:thumbsup:
as the snake hook brush is a 2d(or 2.5D?!!) brush like most other tools in that row, it cannot be used directly on a 3D mesh:sad:.. Try using it in projection master(you are already familiar with projection master, right?) as follows:
(press "g")
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6404/4glenn01we3.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2292/4glenn02ko4.jpg

but the result when picking it up again(press "g" again) will be somewhat like this:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1690/4glenn03vx5.jpg

alternatively, if you want it to be entirely, properly 3d, then i suggest you use the move tool like this:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2748/4glenn04ew9.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1302/4glenn05nr9.jpg

I know this isnt much of a solution, but I hope it helps you find a work around... or may be you could paint the hair on your final 2D image using the snakehook tool!(:shrug:?!!)

SpiritDreamer
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Feb 24, 2007

Anand.....THANKS A MILLION....I thought that maybe that was the case, but wasn't really sure...now I can rest easier knowing that I can't use that brush as a 3d tool,...would be great if I could though..:scream:
Anyway 2 and a half d works fine for what i'm going for. Anamation is way out of my league :eek: ..will leave that up to pros like yourself..:) :thumbsup:
THANKS AGAIN Anand...you really helped me out...THANKS..:thumbsup:

A little more work on this guy this morning

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY_13.jpg

Icey
02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
wohoo! :D
the horned guy looks outstanding! :) Will you do a full figure on this one?

glad to finally catch up with the threads i like on this forum! :D

SpiritDreamer
02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Feb 25, 2007

HEY...Icey.....THANKS....Not sure where I am going with this one yet.I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head for it,...might use it in a group scene,...not sure yet..:)

A little further along on this one.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY_16.jpg

Aviva
02-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Wow, the firey satyr is real creepy and awesome horn strucure in the last one! I look forward to seeing where you end up taking it :)

SpiritDreamer
02-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Feb 26,2007

Aviva...THANKS...Glad you like those...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Composing and capturing a thought.
The more you look the more you see.
And the more you see the more you look
kind of painting.
Just a first stage of the thought.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY23.jpg

Elliepower
02-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi Mr. SpiritDreamer :),

He is ruling his world with heavy increase,
His servants are dancing, just for his please.

Beware of the bighorned, beware of his breath
If you don't be patient, you'll find your own death.

So dance for the living, smile every time,
The Spirit of Dreams will show you the rhyme.

(prompt compund by me, hope the english works... *lol*)

Great composition,

Ciao,
Ellie

Cyanid
02-27-2007, 08:26 AM
nice composition, are you planning on making more figures than the one you repeated now? that would be awesome..and take a lot of time I suppose :)
I like the muscles and bones in the centerfigure's face a lot.

killermachine
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
of all the ofwd entries im only waiting for your and rebeca's entry to finish.its gonna b one helluva piece:thumbsup: :scream: :thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Feb 27, 2007

Ellie...THANK YOU...LOVE THAT POEM...FIT'S THE THOUGHT BEHIND THAT PAINTING ...PERFECT... :bounce:

Cyanid...THANKS...I MIGHT EXPAND THE COMPOSITION AT THE BOTTOM,..NOT SURE YET..:shrug: MAINLY JUST WANTED TO CAPTURE A THOUGHT LOOSLY BASED ON MICHELANGLIO'S LAST JUGEMENT FRESCO..:)

KILLERMACHINE...THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...EVEN IF IT DOESN'T TURN OUT THAT GREAT, I WILL HAVE HAD A GREAT TIME MAKING IT..CAN'T GO WRONG THERE..:scream: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

OFDW 021...a little more work done...got rid of most of the seams from the layers

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY25.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Feb 28, 2007

A little more work done on this one

Glenn

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY32.jpg

Intervain
03-01-2007, 02:04 AM
sheesh! pure hell unleashed - I like the composition quite a lot with the horny [lol] guy in the midst all the chaos! My fav are actually those figures outside - I like the fact you've made them considerably larger then the rest :thumbsup: All in all very Glenn-esque :D Looking forward to more:bounce:

pushav
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Neato! I caint wait to see it finished.

SpiritDreamer
03-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Mar 3, 2007

Intervain....THANK YOU...Still playing around with this thought, adding and deleting...mostly experimenting in emotion, and what creates it..:)

Pushav...THANKS ...Can't wait to see it finished myself....LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR HELL....BUT WHAT THE HELL...:scream:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

OFDW 21 ..Little more work done on this one this morning

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY35.jpg

Womball
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow your really good with zbrush! The horns on the one character are incredible, I think you could push the face more though on that character. I really like the large faces in the composistion, they have some emotions to them. The muscles are really nicely done and remind of michaelango style of muscle rendering.

razz
03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
You've got all hell there, Glenn! Massive scene, great! I have only one suggestion, make a clear focal point. Actually the eye is traveling across the piece now, which is pretty nice, but it doesn't stop where the main focus should be (the big horned devil?).
Just something to think about, I might be wrong. Maybe you know how you're going to do it, that's just what I would try to do.
But YAY, so many characters in one piece. Love seeing that. Massive scenes rock :buttrock: Haha :D

SpiritDreamer
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Mar 4, 2007

Womball....THANK YOU...GREAT SUGGESTION :thumbsup: ...I worked on his face a little, and also made him bigger in the composition...rescaled most of the figures in fact...getting a little closer to the original thought that I had in mind for this painting, but still not quite there yet.:)

RAZZ....THANK YOU...I'm torn right now between making the horned demon the focus, or the light up in the top right corner...will make one of each I guess...one way to solve that problem..LOL :scream:
I was thinking of using that diaginal created in the empty negitive space, to take the vierers eye from the top right corner, the heavenly light, down to the left bottom corner..the bottomless pit of hell...kind of the same concept that Michaelangelo had for his last judgement fresco....trying to get light and color to creat that movement..still experimenting..don't know if i'll be able to pull it off, but am trying :)
TAKE CARE, AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK..REALLY NEEDED ON THIS ONE...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A little more work on this painting this morning.
Rescaled some of the figures. Made the horned demon bigger. And added a touch of green to compement the orange colors.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_HEAD_STUDY36.jpg

Samanthie
03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey Glenn, the update looks great. The new tones add alot to the evil atmosphere. On the main character's right horn you have a really lovely bit of light just following the curve and then it stops. Maybe put some of that lighting along the upper curve of the horn (the part nearer to his head) where it is very dark just to bring it out a little more. Scary as hell Glenn.:D

Rebeccak
03-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Just stopping by to say hello to one of the pillars of our community here :) - always amazes me how consistent you are in your work. Great how active you are, it's always welcome and appreciated!

SpiritDreamer
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
HEY...Rebecca....THANK YOU..:) A pillar is nothing, without a solid foundation to stand upon...thanks for being that solid foundation..Rebecca..:thumbsup:

Samanthie...THANKS for the feedback...your right, that horn lost it's lighting in the latest lighting experiment..will see what I can do to fix it.
THANKS AGAIN...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

SpiritDreamer
03-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Mar 5, 2007

Pushing this a little further, just to see where it goes..:)

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_40.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Mar 6, 2007

Little more work on this composition.
All the faces and figures are created from my imagination, no refferences used. Created them using the Z BRUSH program....Color ect. done in Painter #9
Composition totally original

Glenn

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY51.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Mar 8, 2007

Experimenting further with color to create mood and express emotion.

Glenn

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY50.jpg

Dreamy Kid
03-09-2007, 01:03 AM
hey spirit dreamer, i havent seen your thread for a long time and am so impressed by your improvement. keep it up :thumbsup:

Thomasphoenix
03-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Glenn How be'eth you my friend?

I like that dash of red there ! It enhances the composition!:)

Gord-MacDonald
03-10-2007, 06:05 AM
some serious inferno going on here !!! :applause:

Gord

SpiritDreamer
03-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Mar 11, 2007

Dreamy Kid....THANK YOU...Glad you are enjoying my work...:)

Siju...THANKS...I'm still hanging in there...:) ...Practicing that one part red, and nine parts green thing...with the complementary colors...seems to work..:scream:

Gord....THANKS...INFERNOING GOING ON FOR SURE..:twisted: :scream:
Loosely based on Michaelanglo's LAST JUDGMENT fresco..:eek:

THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK GUYS...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Going to refine this element of the painting in the few days that we have left for this workshop...will make a good painting just by itself I think..

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY53.jpg

razz
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Should work for sure! Love the big horns :bounce: Don't know why, but an image of him trying to hit someone with those horns like a bull bumped in my head. That's fun :D You know, I think you could refine this, as you are planning to do, but also leave everything else. Then you'll have a really strong focal point going along with the lighting composition you've done.
Oh my, only few days left for the OFDW21? Not good...

Samanthie
03-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Glenn, Nice detail shot. I like how you get that fine detail with Zbrush. I too would like to see this character developed a bit more. He is very interesting. Maybe a few red highlights on his face and upper shoulders reflected from the horns? You've really put alot into the souls in this image..lots of depth to their expressions.:)

Icey
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
hey glen!

that red is a good focal point for your composition

you should start focusing by clarity too, maybe blurring some, and change the saturation for the ones you want to pup up. Just a thought… :)

Best regards!
Icey

SpiritDreamer
03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Mar 12, 2007

RAZZ....THANKS....Will see if I can blend him back into scene, when I finish detailing him...shouldn't be too much of a problem...glad you like those horns...seeing how far I can push them...just experimenting and playing at this point..:)

Samanthie....THANK YOU....I like the idea of reflected red...thanks for the great suggestion :thumbsup:

HEY...Icey...THANKS....great idea....will see what I can do with it..:)

THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK EVERYONE...REALLY HELPS :thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Worked a little more on this character this morning.

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY61.jpg

NR43
03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi Glenn

I'm enjoying your continuous explorations here...
The horns of your main character have a great texture... wouldn't want to meet this guy in the dark :D

SpiritDreamer
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Mar 13, 2007

Johan....THANK YOU...:) He's probably a really nice guy, once you get to know him..LOL..:scream:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A little further along with this experiment.
This is the first time I tried to paint something using the brushes available in ZBrush...Really different way of painting, but there are alot of things about it that I really enjoy, like the unpredictable results..:)

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_68.jpg

depleteD
03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
wow dude, that is craaaaaazy. I never thought of zbrush as a illustration tool. I really hope i force myself to try it out.

SpiritDreamer
03-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Mar 14, 2007

Andrew....THANKS...Z BRUSH IS A TRIP,...ONE THAT YOU SHOULD FOR SURE TAKE, IF YOU GET THE CHANCE..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

More experimenting....:)

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY_72.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY77.jpg

Samanthie
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow, Glenn you are having alot of fun with this! I read you are using some Zbrush brushes for the first time? You make it look easy.:) I guess I'll have to dl the demo to see how you are doing all of these great effects.:thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Mar 15, 2007

Samanthie..THANKS....Lots of fun for sure..:scream:
You should down load Z BRUSH..The trial version is free, and you can renew it a few times also...but watch out, it is very addictive..LOL..:)
Sculpting is a great way to strengthen your 2d skills, plus you can explore all of the fancy brushes in that program, which are really amazing, and great fun to play with.:bounce:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Playing with some ideas and composition...All created from my imagination..no references used
Z BRUSH/PAINTER #9 COMBO

OFDW 021

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/OFDW_21_DEMON_HEAD_STUDY83.jpg

Samanthie
03-16-2007, 01:11 AM
I see a dragon in there!:) I just dw the zbrush demo. Can't wait to play!:bounce: If I make something nice I'll post it in my thread.:)

anandpg
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
OOH! WOW!!:eek: ... the ZBrush-Painter combination has become a awesome tool in your hands!!!

rasmusW
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
hey glenn!

just thought id pop by to how you where doing here. think your stuff looks good. -got some very intresting things going on, in the last one.

-r

newzacade
03-17-2007, 02:41 AM
It's really fantastic picture.
Seems like real human. Very good. :-)

NR43
03-17-2007, 08:19 AM
hey it's a multi-OFDW piece now :D
I've always loved that you have the guts to use such strong colors and still manage to get this serene mood...

Always a pleasure to see your works Glenn

SpiritDreamer
03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Mar 18, 2007

Samanthie....THANKS...:) DRAGON....Ancient symbol of LIFE, and the FORCE ....BEHIND IT ALL....Belongs in that painting I think..:)
Can't wait to see your Z BRUSH experiments...:thumbsup:

Anand....THANK YOU...Endless posabilities in that combination I think.:bounce:

abyss103...THANKS...Glad you enjoyed it...:)

newzacade.....THANKS....FATASY FOR SURE..:)

Johan...THANK YOU...I just enjoy color is all....comes from raising and breeding exotic birds most of my life I suppose..NATURES color palette just can't be beat..:)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK ..EVERYONE
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Playing and experimenting with composition this morning

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/WOMAN_WITH_TEETH_NEW_VERSION_1.jpg

SpiritDreamer
03-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Mar 19 2007

Just having a little fun this morning.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/WOMAN_WITH_TEETH_NEW_VERSION_12.jpg

razz
03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Some scary faces here, Glenn :D The one in the top right especially. I love how the composition looks at the bottom of the image, without those two top heads. Just me though, I'm a total begginer at compositing. Just looked at the image a bit longer and liked that part.
Interesting turn in the devil painting. The one where he takes all the bottom of the painting, with the earth, stars and sun up high, caught my eye.
Interesting, fantastic work, Glenn :)

SpiritDreamer
03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Mar 20, 2007

RAZZ : Thanks!

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/WOMAN_WITH_TEETH_NEW_VERSION_19.jpg

Gord-MacDonald
03-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Keep up the really cool work Glen :thumbsup:
(and say hello to Ms. Spirit Dreamer :))

Gord

Samanthie
03-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Glenn, great faces! I have worked in the zbrush demo just a little. It is very different! I haven't done anything worth posting though..I think it will take a bit of practice(and more). You do great sculpting and make it look so easy!:)

SpiritDreamer
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
MAR 23 / 2007

THANKS...Gord....Will do...:)

THANKS ....Samanthie...Started this one this morning, just for you....Using a primative sphere...and doing what I wrote in your thread yesterday...concentrating on the planes of the face and skull, before I sub devide and smooth...basically just a blocking in of the forms. Will refine as I go along...hope this exercise will help you some.
Like I said earlier, I am no pro when it comes to Z BRUSH, and 3D,...just beginning to explore it myself..barely have scratched the surface of that program...so bare that in mind, when learning anything from me...I may be totally wrong and off mark concerning my approach to this program, compared to the established methods of others, with more skill at it than myself...just doing my own thing at this point, kind of thing, and trying to have and keep it FUN for myself..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Start of a new Z BRUSH face...blocking in of the planes of the face and skull....from imagination, no references used.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE.jpg

Samanthie
03-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Glenn, Thanks so much for the excercise and the info.:thumbsup: He looks great! I was able to create a face on my 3rd attempt, getting used to the red dots in symmetry. I know I need to read the manual too.;) When you switch to a new tool then the image turns into 2d right? Then it can't be rotated any longer. I have to begin on a new face in other words.lol What settings are you using on your brush particulary on fine details like nostrils, ears, even that mustache?:D

SpiritDreamer
03-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi...Samanthie...:)
Those brushes...snake hook ect. are basically 2D... from what what I understand..Anand just posted something, a couple of pages back on my thread, page #73 about that same problem that you mentioned...ran into it myself on that horned demon I just finished.:banghead: ...What I did, was to get the head into the position that I liked, while in the 3d mode, then saved it as a document, which makes it 2d...then added the hornes and other stuff AFTER, using those fancy 2d brushes and textures that are in the Z BRUSH PROGRAM ..Don't know why those brushes aren't 3d, would be nice if they were though..:)
The other part of your question...concerning this new head..
...Where it says DRAW SIZE at top of screen...I just ajust the size there with the slider...real big for the skull, and a little smaller for the nose , lips, and other features of the face...adds surface to the sphere..should be the same setting that you are using to make the nose, by pulling it out of the sphere I think.
The only other thing I did, was to push and hold down the ALT key on the keyboard at the same time as i'm working on the face...this allows you to push in areas, like under the cheekbones, inside of mouth, eye sockets ect.....ajust with the DRAW SIZE setting..same as before.
If you press the SHIFT key on your keyboard,, and hold down while working on the face, it will smooth areas out.....
In short,...just use the setting that is already in place when you start...make your basic shapes on the sphere or with the sphere...ajust the amount of addage or subtraction to or from the form, with the slider using DRAW SIZE....Press ALT key to make indents and cavities,.....and press SHIFT key to smooth..:)
Can'wait to see your next experiment and update...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

SpiritDreamer
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
MAR 24 2007

Blocked in hair, neck, and shoulders...on face and skull that I started yesterday....using one primative sphere to creat this bust sculpture...next step...sub devide, and start to detail and texture.
Z BRUSH...Created from imagination, no references used.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE_1.jpg

Intervain
03-24-2007, 04:43 PM
blocking in looking good - I'd really love you do a highly detailed sculpt Glenn :)

SpiritDreamer
03-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi...Magdalena..:) I would also love to do a highly detailed sculpture...not sure that I know how to, using the Z BRUSH program. There are a lot of things that I haven't figured out, and how to use properly yet in that program.
Hope to learn a lot more about it by observing and seeing how you do it with that sculpture you are working on at the moment...hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but I am trying to learn as best as I can...so just keep posting, and I will pick up and learn from your example as much as I am able to...THANK YOU FOR SHARING...BY THE WAY...:thumbsup: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Samanthie
03-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Hey Glenn, thanks for the reply. I've gotten very busy today and haven't had time to play. Hopefully tomorrow. I am looking forward to the subdividing on this one. Thanks again for all the information. :thumbsup: One thing I have learned is if you use any of the brushes or if they go into that negative space you can see the strokes when rendered, hope I am making sense. Anyway I have to be careful with that.

SpiritDreamer
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
MAR 26 2007

Samanthie...MY PLEASURE..:) ....Hey...Magdalena posted on her thread a way to use those brushes, and still keep what you are working on in 3d....check it out...I am going to try it out this afternoon..when I put some whiskers on this guy...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Sub devided this bust a little bit this morning...worked some on teeth, hair, ear, and nostrils

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE_5.jpg

Samanthie
03-25-2007, 04:20 PM
great!..on my way to her thread now, thanks Glenn. This guy you are doing sort of looks like your devil's brother..I see a resemblance.:D

kary
03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
You'll likely really enjoy being able to sculpt the pore / scar level details (fairly) easily :).. Using the different stamps in ZB's projection master is a real treat, it's one of the parts that feels like real world sculpting -- with the addition of the handy dandy undo button of course ;). With the new version of ZB out on the 15th of May it should be an even better experience, being able to sculpt in perspective and not needing projection master will be very welcome. It should make ZB as comfortable a program as Mudbox :).

To expand on one minor point from Magdalena's explanation; be sure that your base sculpture has been divided enough to hold the detail that you do in projection master. Your present sculpt looks fairly dense, but when you're trying it out do a test with the smallest size of detail that you plan to use. Much better to find out how small you can go before you spend an hour doing a face full of pores ;)

When working with projection master using the highest level of Sub-Division that your computer will support is generally good -- the projection master mode will be as fast as painting in 2d, and the only slow down will be when dropping and picking up the sculpt (why they couldn't just call it going in and out of projection master is beyond me).

Good luck and have fun -- it'll be great to see what you do with high frequency detail :)

SpiritDreamer
03-25-2007, 08:44 PM
MAR 25 2007

Samanthie...THANKS....I Hope you had better luck figureing out that projection master than I did ...LOL..:scream: ....Back to the drawing board for me..:banghead:

kary....THANKS FOR THE HELP...:) Will take me some more time to figure out how to use the projection master...stumped for the moment :eek: , but tomarrow is another day..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Worked on this bust a little bit more.
Couldn't figure out how to use the projection master, so went with what I do know...sculpting...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE_10.jpg

Samanthie
03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Glenn, looking awesome! Projection master I just copied Magdalena's settings but I am not sure of anything yet in zbrush. For the face I just let it become a 2d after I did all I could in 3d. Still playing..:)

batte812
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi Glenn, it's great to see you working. Interesting to see you exporing ZBrush. Good work on those heads. Keep going.

SpiritDreamer
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM
MAR 26 2007

Samanthie...THANKS....I always end up doing the same thing that you just mentioned above...one of these days I will master that program, but at the moment, I am content to just explore it at my own pace...keeps it fun for me that way...:)

batte 812 ...THANK YOU...I get confused in, and am confused by that program...It is harder to learn a new language, the older you become, and that program is for sure a language unto itself..:scream: , but I am trying...:) ....It has become a challenge, and a goal that keeps me interested and excited, usually in a good way..:scream: . which is good for this OLD SPIRIT...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Worked on this guy a little more this morning
All created and done from imagination, no references used, just easier for me to do it that way, in the Z BRUSH program..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE_14.jpg

anandpg
03-27-2007, 03:25 AM
OOH! WOW!.. Glenn! the last head really rocks!:thumbsup:... a step ahead of your other ones.... Try out Mudbox if you have the time... there is a trial version available online.... you will find it more "sculptorly"! there is a "flatten" brush for instance, which works exactly like a chisel on wood, or like a flat wooden tool on clay! its awesome!

batte812
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Glenn, great update on that last one. I know the feeling of being confused by ZBrush, i have tried it myself. I tried to imprt some modells from 3D Studio, refine them and then back to 3D Studio, complete with textures; not so easy. But i feel i have to pick it up again, or at least the sculpting in ZBrush, when i see how you're doing!

Anyway, have fun!

NR43
03-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Really great to see you pushing your sculpting skills further and further Glenn
:bounce:

Samanthie
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Glenn, Love the way this last sculpture has turned out! Is he finished or are you going to color him?

SpiritDreamer
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
MAR 28 2007

Anand....THANK YOU...I will probably end up getting that trial version of MUD BOX....Siju also said I should try it out...I keep reading where people say it is easier to handle than Z BRUSH...Would be nice to sculp something, without having to strain my brain in the process..:scream: :)

batte 812...THANKS....But I for sure am not the one to follow, when it comes to Z BRUSH...Have you ever seen the painting done by BOSCH, called the BLIND LEADING THE BLIND..:scream:

Johan....THANK YOU...Just trying to have some fun with it, inspite of it.:)

Samanthie...THANK YOU...I woke up this morning, and thought I would try to creat a body for that face, using the Z SPHERE'S, before I did any color work on him...ended up with the horse battle scene posted below...When you don't know where your going, or how to get there, I guess it is safe to say that you will never know where you'll end up...:eek: :scream: :)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK EVERY ONE..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Beginning of a battle scene....created from imagination, no references used....YET...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE.jpg

Womball
03-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Your Z skills are really improving! Really like the head.

SpiritDreamer
03-29-2007, 11:04 PM
MAR 29 2007

Womball....THANKS...Still hanging in there, and trying to learn something new about that program each time I use it..it's kind of like a maze, with no end in sight. :scream: :)
THANKS FOR THE VISIT ...:thumbsup: AND KIND WORDS...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Played around with both of these this morning...will probably put the battle scene back into Z BRUSH, AND SEE WHAT KIND OF FUN I CAN HAVE WITH IT IN THERE,..It's in painter #9 at the moment, used the liquid lens brushes to refine the horses a little, spear and shield ect....not sure where I am going with the face, just experimenting as usual...:)
Both created from imagination, no references used...YET.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/FACE_FOR_SAMANTHIE_17.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_6.jpg

Womball
03-30-2007, 01:29 AM
I guess I don't really think of it as a maze but an extension of 3d modelling. Try not to let it overwhelm you, and see it as a tool. The new zbrush should help with your workflow too for rapidly laying things out. Don't forget that their are more tools than just the zadd zsub tools. The move tool is the closest you can get in zbrush to the type of control you get in say XSI or any other 3d design program. You can individually move points with it and slam geometry for fast sculpting. Than lower the sub d level so you can smooth out things a little bit. That seems to be a good way of getting strong details, since if you do a build up with zadd it can look like wet sand drizzled on itself, very lumpy. Not sure if that's redundant but I guess it doesn't hurt to state it again.

For your piece I think you can get even finer control over it if you sub divide it again, and make cuts using masks than smooth the edges out. Also you can get very fine control if you zoom in very close and use the PM tool with the directional brush and zsub alpha.

SpiritDreamer
03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
MAR 30 2007

Womball....THANKS.....LOL...I actually understood what you were talking about in your post above, so I guess I really am learning to understand the Z BRUSH program after all...:scream:
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Found a home for that head and face that I have been working on...:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_11.jpg

Womball
03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
I see an improvement in the last post and your zsphere skills may be beyond mine. I tend to shy away from them. If you REALLy want to get technical research edge loops in zbrush. This creates rings where you want additional details, and when you subdivide that area will have more than the usual amount of polys. Eyes, nose and mouth are areas where extra edge loops are good. Also on the chest as well. I'm not to wild about how zbrush handles edge loops currently but in the future they may improve it. It definetly is workable though.

Edge loop is a continuous group of edges (the side of a poly, or the lines) that create a oval in some direction. This is why they always ask to see wireframes when your modelling. You can do a lot with a little if they are place decently.

kary
03-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Yep Womball has it; loop modeling is a huge help for your ZB pieces. The more aggressive your scenes get the better having the ability to place detail in a classic poly modeler is. Unfortunately I find that ZB's implementation of edgeloops is quite insane. You would likely have a better experience using something like Wings (http://www.wings3d.com/). It's a usable little poly modeler with a delightfully free price point. I'm sure there are lots of us happy to help with the learning process :)

SpiritDreamer
03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
MAR 31 2007

Womball....THANKS...:thumbsup: I saw how to use those edge loops on a dvd I have on Z BRUSH...GET INTO Z BRUSH, by Glen Southern, of KURV studios...but have not tried to do it yet...looked easy, when he did it..:scream: , but then again, he makes everything he does with Z BRUSH look easy...:)

kary....THANKS....I will check out that link shortly...thanks also for the offer of help :thumbsup: ....I might take you up on it shortly also, so you have been forwarned, and should beware...LOL :scream::)
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK...ALWAYS USEFUL, and NEEDED
TAKE CARE
Glenn

More work done on this battle scene this morning..starting to take shape, slowly but surely..:)
Created from imagination, no references used...YET..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_12.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-01-2007, 06:29 PM
APR 1 2007

A little further along with is one ...starting to experiment with lighting and color, as I continue to refine details.
All created from imagination, no references used
Z BRUSH / PAINTER #9 COMBO

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_14.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_15.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_16.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Apr 2, 2007

My first ideas for this concept - part fish part bird.

Glenn

"Character-a-fortnight" Cafe 001

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_1.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER.jpg

Mu
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey Glenn,

hrgn, long time since I have replied in here... I did follow your journey, though and still the new concept took me by surprise.

It feels like you have become much more at ease in creating a sculpture. It has a very tight form language so-to-speak. Heck, I am my wit's end with english language to describe that impression properly.

Me-say-veeery-nice-pictcha.

*sigh*

BTW, the blue glossy one already looks kind of technical in a very advanced, sci-fi way. Like a material that is yet unknown. Same with the slightly brownish transparent one. That looks like a ultra-lightweight flying machine. Add a pilot sitting in a kind of rig in there somewhere and you are practically done creating something technical from something organical, as far as I am concerned.

SpiritDreamer
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Apr 4, 2007

MR MU....THANKS....Still tinkering....might just make them pilotless drones....will save alot of pilots that way...:)
Want them to have the same ability of camoflouge as the creature in the movie PREDITOR, Will change and blend in wherever they go, just like a cuttlefish...masters of deception and disquise..and as fast as lightning...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Exploring this idea a little further

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_3.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_4.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_5.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_6.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_STINGER_2.jpg

FateBringer
04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
HEY

been awhile so i thought i'd say hi
great concept you got going there:thumbsup: , need to barrow some of you reflective surfaces for mine LOL

Mark

NR43
04-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Looks like a great concept Glenn

Are you planning to make it more body + wings or actually avoiding to go that route?

I like the ones with the green/brown/yellow yextures... makes it look more like a moth than a fishbird though (or birdfish... what was it now :D)

The flashlight is nice too... hehe

Mu
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
you never cease to amaze me with your imaginative creations... All of a sudden it's looking like an insect, next thing you do is throw it 3000 miles into the deep sea...LOL

when you import those views into Painter, make sure not to equalize those highlights and reflections applied in ZBrush as they give out a lot of information on what the surface would feel like if you touched it... or if you were foolish enough to touch it, in this case...:scream:

razz
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey, Glenn! Done some crazy nice stuff while I was gone, eh? Love the image with the creature who has a glowing thingie on his head. The fighting scene with the riders looks great too, very dynamic.
Looking forward how your "Character-a-fortnight" will progress :)

SpiritDreamer
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Apr 5, 2007

Mark...THANKS....You'll have to download the FREE trial version of Z BRUSH, in order to get those reflextive surfaces ...or you can get an actual piece of chrome, like you did with the cloth earlier on in your studies, and just do detailed studies under a desired lighting that suites your subject.:)

Johan...THANKS...Simple wing shape is what I am going for.. FLYING WING...What I am more interested in portraying, is it's ability to change shape, color, texture, at will, in order to blend in with it's eviroment...like a cuttle fish....a lot of natures creatures have mastered this trait and technique, but the cuttle fish has perfected this technique of shape shifting and color change..beyond belief..:)

MR MU....THANKS...Wait tell you see what lies at the bottom of this world, if there is a bottom to it that is..:eek: :scream:

RAZZ....THANKS...Keep an eye on that new thread of Mike's, and jump in there, the waters great,...just watch out for what you can't see lurking in it's depths...IT'S ALL JUST IN YOUR IMAGINATION, OR IS IT.:eek:

TAKE CARE, AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK..EVERYONE..:thumbsup:
Glenn

Descending another 5000 feet
Pretty soon the only thing that will be visible is the flourescent light lantern that acts like a lure to unsuspecting and curious prey that are unaware of what lies in wait at the other end of the lure. :eek: :)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_STINGER_4.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Apr 6, 2007

Little further along on this concept

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_STINGER_7.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_AND_EARTH.jpg

Samanthie
04-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Hi Glenn, These latest are really eye catching. The one you title Deep Sea Monster Stinger 7, is my favorite so far. It is excellent.:thumbsup:

Trunks
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi glenn!
I wasn't able to post for a long time now ... I am writing my exams ... I had to check sooo much pages :D

It is interresting to see you doing more stuff then just human anatomy now. I like your battle horse concept :) I was thinking, maybe you should try to give your pieces a little more 3D looking background? I mean, give them something to stand on. Nothing concrete, just to give the viewer an idea that there is something. Nobody needs to know WHAT is on the ground but that there IS a ground :) Maybe you want to try this next time ... I hope :D

I would like to renew my "old critic". Work more on the whole body and on hands, not just on the heads. For me heads don't make the figure interresting, not alone. The figure should have more of a story ... for this the pose is very important. The pose shows us what the figure is doing. To understand a pose everybody looks automatically on the hands. The hands are very strong in explaining poses and storys of figures. Just to remind you :)

The last monster is very cool! I don't like this body ... it looks too much like a plane ... but the head is fine. Maybe you understand what I am talking of? The head is not always enough to make something interesting, but you are right. The head is most important :D

Another thing I would like to remind you, try more textures and colors. Maybe try to get some interresting light situations? I personally love it when something comes out of the shadow, where you can see nothing just shadow, no outlines, nothing just the color of the shadow. Maybe this might be interresting for you? Playing more extremely with light and shadow.

Keep it up!
Thomas

SpiritDreamer
04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
April 7, 2007

Samanthie....THANKS...I'm having alot of fun with this concept..is a great idea for a thread, this new..Charater a Fortnight Cafe 001..will allow me a little more leway to experiment with technique ect., which is what I really love to do, in case you haven't noticed..:scream:

Trunks....THANKS...Missed those crits of yours...as usual, you are right about all the things that you just mentioned...:thumbsup: I got a little side tracked by this creature machine design, and lost track of where I was with that horse and rider battle scene...was going to put a few more horses and riders in there, lying on the ground ect....a big collision that happens when opposing forces colide kind of scene...going to take my time with that one...want to capture alot of emotions, not only in the riders expressions, but also in the horses expressions..:)
I will keep all of your GREAT suggestions and thoughts in mind as I continue with these experiments....THANKS AGAIN...TRUNKS...Your thoughts and suggestions have been really helpful to me on this journy of exploration and experimentation...GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK, and LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER SO TO SPEAK...:thumbsup: :)

TAKE CARE, and THANKS AGAIN..FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK EVERYONE....:thumbsup:

Having a little fun with this concept this morning..
Like salmon, they are returning to thier birth place,after about a million years, to the depths of the oceans on EARTH, to once again spawn, and start thier whole cycle of life once more.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_APROACHING_EARTH_3.jpg

nebezial
04-07-2007, 03:20 PM
dude awesome job, i love the idea of combining 3d and 2d apps, though up till now from my personal experiance it just slowed me down, hows about u?
lovin the zbrush stuff, lol im sorta addicted to that program lol

SpiritDreamer
04-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Apr 8, 2007

Stjepan...THANKS....STILL EXPERIMENTING AND EXPLORING WITH THIS Z BRUSH / PAINTER #9 COMBO TECHNIQUE....But have developed a system that is very QUICK and SIMPLE, which is what you are seeking...I THINK..:)
So here goes....CREATE your character or whatever, using a simple sphere, or the z sphere's....save it as a TOOL....This allows you to keep the character as 3d, and to be able to go back and use it anytime you want or need the character...you can always modify it as you need to, and then save that version as a tool also...after awhile you can have a whole file of that character in different modified forms, that can be spun around as 3d objects so as to get all of those really nice angles, without having to redraw the character by hand each time..will save you alot of time and energy this way.
You can also CREATE the enviroment for the character ahead of time in Photo Shop in your case, and then IMPORT the eviroment to Z BRUSH...Once your envirorment is in Z BRUSH, you just select the character that you want from your file of tools that you created, with your cast of characters in it...place the character in the enviroment, get it in the position you desire, and wha la..:scream: ...You can change the lighting, texture using the materials secton in Z BRUSH of your character, and also the colors ect in Z BRUSH
To get multaple poses of the character,...after you have the first one in the desired position in the evirorment, just click the CAMERA SHOT, which is at the bottom on the right side of screen in the row that has move, spin, rotate ect. in it...When you press the camera, that will keep the first character in place, but also will allow you to bring that same character out of itself when you touch the screen again, so you will have two characters...the second character can then be moved, modified in position, size, texture, color, or whatever, and placed in your enviroment, wherever you want it to be.
I think this method might, and could be useful to you at times...it's fast, simple, only a couple of steps, ..and will allow you endless posiblities in the CREATION of your scenes..:)
I used this method in the piece down below...just created a simple piece of a branch, using a sphere in Z BRUSH, then added textures, using Z BRUSH,...Then EXPORTED it to PAINTER #9....got my lighting and atmosphere done in there,....then IMPORTED it back to Z BRUSH, and brought up and placed my character, from my file of characters that I created for this creature, and kept as tools that are 3d...added textures, colors, lighting,ect. to each one as I placed it in the eviroment, using the method that I just decribed above...took all of 20 minutes to compose a scene, using the character that was already created and stored as a 3d tool....Then you can export it back to Photo Shop, and play with it some more in there, to creat unity of forms and to give it that ONENESS that is so important to a good painting.
Hope this helps you some in your experiments with Z BRUSH / PHOTO SHOP COMBOS...:)
If you have any questions or whatever, just let me know...will be more than happy, and willing to share with you what I know and have learned through experimenting and exploring.:)
You have always inspired me, and have also been a GREAT inspiration to and for me, ..so if I can help you in any way, just let me know..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Starting my jungle scene with this creature and its ability to blend in with its environment

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/DEEP_SEA_MONSTER_IN_JUNGLE.jpg

Intervain
04-08-2007, 03:59 PM
loving how that wireframe mixes with the shiny material! Looks like flies actually! Awesome :)

SpiritDreamer
04-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Magdalena..THANK YOU...GOT TO GET LUCKY ONCE IN AWHILE, WITH ALL OF THIS EXPERIMENTING AND EXPLORING...:scream: :)

ABOUT YOUR SOLDIER CONCEPT
HEY...Don't be so lazy:eek: ...LOL :scream: ...I WANT TO SEE THAT DOVE SITTING ON THAT SOLDIERS HELMET...:eek: :thumbsup:
THAT'S WHAT MADE THE CONCEPT...THE CONCEPT...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Intervain
04-08-2007, 05:27 PM
ok - I'm getting back to work then :) :P I really am lazey though... blah...

batte812
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Great texture on that bird-fish-thing. Like Magdalena said it definitely looks like an insect. It's great to see you experimenting with it. Keep going!

SpiritDreamer
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
APR. 9 2007

Magdalena...I'm still waiting for that ..DOVE...:D :)

batte..812....THANKS...:)

Time out for some traditional studies...first one is studies of my right hand..conte crayon...5 min. for each
The other two are my first attemps at soft pastels...live model from my figure drawing class..20 min. studies

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_hands.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Man_with_Brown_Hat.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Man_with_Dark_Hat.jpg

anandpg
04-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey Glenn! ... the fish-bird is awesome! Nice colors and material..:thumbsup:

NR43
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
wiii
love
the
hands!

got some conte pastel pencils ... will be using those anytime soon... might do some hand studies with it...

thankies
for
the
inspiration
:D

SpiritDreamer
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Apr 10, 2007

Anand....THANKS....Will be able to do some great moths and butterflies now..funny how experiments produce unexpected results, that can be applied elsewhere...:)

Johan...THANKS...I need to do more traditional stuff myself.. to keep the rust from taking over...:scream:
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Put the two traditional pastels into PAINTER #9...Want to do a little experimenting with them,:eek: just to see what happens:scream: ...you never know tell you try..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Man_with_Brown_Hat_2.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Man_with_Dark_Hat.bmp_1.jpg

Samanthie
04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Nice studies Glenn and the hands look great!:)

Trunks
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi glenn,
great to see this hand studies! Looking ok, but you have to do more! :D

I wonder what "soft pastels" are ... I know what pastels are but I only know the german names for them :) So it is hard to critic something :D

The painter playing looks good. Funny how this light changes the whole image. I really like what you made out of the second piece :)

Keep it up :thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi...Trunks...:)

Will be doing more hand studies today..trying to shake some of the rust off...will have to get out a can of WD 40 RUST REMOVER, AND SPRAY MY HAND WITH IT,... I THINK...LOL:scream:
I am new to pastels, I just bought a nice set of Rembrant Soft PASTELS. 90 colors
They are like colored chalk...water based pigments..very vibrant and fun to use.
There is another varity, that are oil based pastels....check out Atula's
Atulasiriwardane. sketchbook links to his pastel paintings...He does really beautiful work using the oil pastels ....paintings are in his web site...check them out ..really beautiful works..:)
Thanks for the feedback Trunks..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Trunks
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I see what you are using. I have both sorts of pastels here .... check my thread there are some oil pastel based potraits :P (or at least I think there is only one at the moment ^^)

I like these colored chalk pastels ;) They are awesome looking when you are painting figures ... you must use skin tones ... and then just smudge! I tell you ... awesome!

SpiritDreamer
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Apr 12, 2007

Trunks....THANKS..I have been working on a couple of figures, just to try and get a feel for these pastels, also got a few good books from the library on pastels..will take a few tries, but will be worth the effort I think...no fumes like oils, and a lot less messy...which is great, because my working space is also my liveing space..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

This is what I ended up with...original is on the precedeing page of this thread.
Traditional pastel drawing on paper taken into PAINTER #9, and finished using the pastels in that program..just a fun experiment..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Man_with_Brown_Hat_16.jpg

Trunks
04-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi Glenn,
I like what you made out of this piece. I like the man with the hat. He seems to sit there in some old cofehouse... sitting and waiting ... thinking on something nobody knows. Lost in his world... just for the time sitting there ... and maybe he is a little nervous because we are sitting in front of him and starring at him... :)

I can really imagine the scene... great work!

But... I don't like your cup :D This thing looks ... WRONG ! :D

Maybe this guy is trinking his coffee out of a cool designer cup. Maybe someone paid a lot of money for this thing. But I am nearly sure my guess is wrong :D
Think of the horizon line ... then think where the cup stands in your room ... the horizon line is behind the guy's head. So you should look up on the cup right? Then now go and draw it :)
The cup looks like your head is lying (grammar??? ^^) on the table ... and you are looking from the table up to the guy ... but you don't. You sit in front of him ... so the cup is under your head :)
I hope you understand what I mean :)

Keep it up :) Show me your hands :P

Thomas

SpiritDreamer
04-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi...Trunks..:)
Paul Cezanne...Study his paintings...His still lifes in particular.. He threw perpective out the window, in favor of what was more important in a painting .. A FEELING.
I had that cup in the perpective that you think of as corect, then changed it, because it changed the FEELING of the painting.
I am trying for a Cezenne FEELING in this one. I find it more of a challenge, and also more interesting to throw the rules out of the window at times, and just trust my feelings. Comes a time, when rules become boring, just like a magic trick that is understood, and loses it's MAGIC, which by difinition, is something that is not understood. UNDERSTAND..LOL :scream: ...Just a fun experiment..:)
Thanks for the feedback ..Trunks...:thumbsup: I will post those hands tomarrow..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Mu
04-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi Glenn,

wonderful atmosphere in that last painting, and also very interesting to see the traditional real-life media mixed with their digital counterparts.

As concerns the cup - I was with Trunks on that one, but if you did indeed deliberately change it the way you said then there's nothing to argue about.

One suggestion for the painting I would like to make is that his cheek should be pushed up by the fist he is resting on a bit. Would increase the feeling of weight and support the mood and emotions of the character, in my opinion.

Always a joy to check this box of marvels out that your thread has become...:bounce:

anandpg
04-13-2007, 10:16 AM
WOW!!.....:eek:

Samanthie
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Quite an emotional image of the old man with the mug Glenn, really well done. :thumbsup:

Intervain
04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
love the lighting on that piece Glenn!! you've really got a thing about yellow don't ya?! :scream: Keep it up - great to see ya paint!:thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Apr 15, 2007

MR MU ...THANKS...Didn't want to stray too far from the original pose of the model, but I like your idea about the cheek...:thumbsup:

Anand....THANKS...Was a fun experiment..will save on those expensive pastels doing it this way..half traditional, and half digital pastel work...:scream:

Samanthie...THANKS...Emotion created through brushwork, color, gesture, and expression, is what Paul Cezanne was a master of,..if I even come a little close to the way he used and expressed those elements, I will be more than happy..:)

Magdalena...THANKS....I have always been fasinated by the way yellow when mixed with a touch of purple, creates GOLD, which can then be mixed with a little green, red, and shades of olive browns, to creat SKIN COLOR..The yellow makes it glow from within..LUMINOUSITY...:)
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK EVERYONE...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

The start of my CHARACTER FORTNIGHT EVENT....CAFE 002..CONCEPT
Starting my concept with a poem:

Notions and Potions
Fill the mind's Oceans
Creating the Darkness that surrounds us

I find that creating a little poem about the concept is a great way to stimulate the imagination into seeing a vision.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_1.jpg

Rist
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I have been meaning to ask, what software are you using there? Great stuff!

SpiritDreamer
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi...Andrew...THANKS.....I just used a primative sphere in the Z BRUSH program, saved as a zlt tool, with versions such as monster # 1, 2 3, ect. Versions, so I can go back and modify them.Just a primative sphere for this one and the last one in that Fortnight Cafe Character Design...not worried about the mesh or any of that stuff, because I am just exporting them into PAINTER #9,and then turning them into paintings in that program..I just keep going back and forth, between programs, getting the best from each for whatever effect I need according to each paintings needs and requirements.
I use the Z SPHERE'S, in Z BRUSH, saved as ZLT tools, when I do a whole figure or compound figures like the horse and rider battle scene that's a couple of pages back in my thread.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY..:thumbsup: , HOPE THAT,..I WAS OF SOME HELP..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Samanthie
04-16-2007, 03:39 PM
You really have a way with Zbrush, nice start on your character! :thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Apr 16, 2007

Samanthie...THANKS...I have barely touched the surface of that program...give me about ten more years, and I might have it figured out..LOL :scream: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

NEW CONCEPT FOR... THE CHARACTER A FORTNIGHT OO2
CREATED FROM IMAGINATION, NO REFERENCES USED.
Z BRUSH / PAINTER #9 COMBO

The idea is starting to take shape in my mind's eye
Going to have them perched on top of Notre Dame.
Will be a toad shaped body, with extended throat for croaking,..wings will be skin at the shoulders like a bats, extending about half way down, and then turn into feathers..haven't decided on the shape of the feet yet, maybe human hands..who knows..:scream: ..Might have the male carrying something special in his hands, to feed the female, while she is guarding the eggs...Will put some architecture at the bottom of the nest, to make it seem as though they have thier nest on a ledge at the top of the cathedral...just thinking out load again, and writing down whatever enters into my mind :eek: ...hope you don't mind..:)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_COMPOSITION.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_COPOSITION_1.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_COPOSITION_4.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Apr 18, 2007

Little more on this concept
Blocked in the architecture
Started working on my lighting
Save the details for last

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_8.jpg

razz
04-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Hi, Glenn. You sure do an amazing work with painter on those 3d renders of yours. Again creating a lighting composition, mm? That's one of the many interesting things to me. I like to see you doing that. Continue, please :)

SpiritDreamer
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
April 19, 2006

RAZZ....THANKS....Lighting is the key to mood and feeling, along with color...if done right, those two elements can take a painting way beyond a photo...just my opinion though...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Experimenting with some Zbrush textures and colors

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_10.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Apr 20, 2006

Expanding a little further and outward on this concept

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_19.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Apr 21, 2007

Expanding a little further outward with this idea, or inward, depending on which way you look at it..:)
Was thinking of putting something symbolic on the bottom window ledge,..lower left corner...maybe a candle burning, with some rosery beads with a cross at the end of them, at the base of the candle holder.
Was thinking that this image would convey the feeling that ST. Bernard was expressing in his words that are the basis for this concept...an image that creates a feeling that maybe this is the vision that ST. Bernard is seeing as he looks out his window...lets the viewer see through the eyes of ST. Bernard type of thing.
Will do a nice real looking still life of candle and rosery with cross, having shadows, reflextions ect. on the window ledge..just some thoughts to further this concept, and add realism to it...:)
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_BACKGROUND_22.jpg

Icey
04-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello Glen!

Don’t you think I’m not checking your thread on regular bases :) I think I’ll update my thread soon with a little stuff… I’m focusing on concept work now, and I’ve dropped the studying for a wile…

I’m glad to see you’re still on top! :)

Best wishes!

Icey

SpiritDreamer
04-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Apr 22, 2007

HEY....Icey...THANKS..:)
Can't wait to see the concepts that you come up with,..SHOULD BE GREAT...Thanks for stooping by :) ...Always a pleasure to hear from you..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

A little further on this concept
Extended the window ledge out toward the viewer
Started on the candle

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_25.jpg

FateBringer
04-23-2007, 01:42 AM
hey

wasn't sure about the composition at first but i'm really loving it now :),ashamed i had any doubts .I should know better :shrug:, just smack me.
amazing how the window brings a whole new feel to your painting :thumbsup:

Mark

Abyssis
04-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Apr 20, 2006

Expanding a little further and outward on this concept

Glenn

Heya Glenn m8y :)

sorry for to late responsing in your great thread, but...too bizzy last time.
I wanna show you only, what u can do with ZB materials and lightnings, also with
adjustment-curves. Following pics are rendered in ZB only, w/o postprocessing.
If you should have interesse, I would with pleasure send you mat, light and rgb-adjust
for using in this fine project/concept. It's one idea, isn't it? :)

http://web.telecom.cz/consoft/4Glenn1.jpg

----->

http://web.telecom.cz/consoft/4Glenn2.jpg

All my thumbz up and

-cheerZ- :wavey:

SpiritDreamer
04-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Apr 23, 2007

Mark...THANKS.....:) LOL....Don't feel too bad, because as a matter of fact, I didn't have a clue as to were this concept was going either, Trying not to think about it, while working on it, works best sometimes. Just letting the old imagination take the reins and run it's course with this one..:)

Abyssis...THANK YOU FRIEND, FOR THE KIND WORDS..:)
By all means, if you have time, ...send me what you mentioned above.Every bit of help, helps..:thumbsup: ...Just post it here in my thread, where it might be of help to others as well...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Got my symbols in place for this concept
Now all I have to do is light the candle, set the lighting, shadows and reflections in place. And a few other details. And that should do it.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE30.jpg

NR43
04-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Still into demons I see Glenn :)

Not posting as much in your thread as I used to but still observing ;)
Always great to see your concepts develop!

SpiritDreamer
04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Apr 24, 2007

Johan...THANKS....Just trying to leave behind something that has MEANING, and is RELATIVE TO MY LIFE, and THOUGHTS...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Little further on this THOUGHT

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_37.jpg

JohanGold
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
awesome work

very deep

and great imagination by theway

Majid , cheers

SpiritDreamer
04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
April 25, 2007

Majid....THANKS...Glad you enjoyed your visit...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Further along on the "Fortnight" concept.
And a traditional soft pastel on good paper that I am working on.
Both paintings are created from imagination and memory, no references used.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_38.jpg (http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_38.jpg)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman_Face.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman.jpg

razz
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Heey, that pastel drawing looks so nice! The colors, very well chosen. I can almost feel the coldness here at my place. And done with pastels, which are a mystery to me (haven't tried them), very beautiful.
And really interesting turn on your character. What's that redbrown thingie on the right?
Looking forward to what you're going to show next :bounce:

SpiritDreamer
04-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Apr 26, 2007

Raz - Thanks..:) ...Not sure what that little round thing on the right is, just needed a little something for ballance in the composition, and liked the way the light played over that little sphere,...plus a little mystery never hurts...makes the viewer THINK and use thier own imagination, if they have one that is...:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Playing in Painter #9 with the temperature of this traditional soft pastel posted on the previous page .

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman.bmp_1.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman_2.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Apr 27, 2007

More work done on this today
Need to put wick in the candle, and a few chips on the window frame and a couple little odds and ends and that should do it for this one.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_39.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Apr 28, 2007

Notions that pollute the minds oceans
Creating the darkness that surrounds us

Glenn

Vision of St. Bernard of Clairvaux(1090-1153)

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_44.jpg

SpiritDreamer
04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Apr 29, 2007

Put a couple of color tints on to this to unify the colors more
Calling it done.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/GROTESQUE_46.jpg

killermachine
04-30-2007, 05:01 AM
hey it looks very cool...painting in a painting :twisted:

Samanthie
04-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi Glenn, nice work and idea for the creature painting. It's very eerie.
Lovely image with the pastels. I like them both but blue is my favorite color so I'm partial to that version. :) I think maybe the top of her thigh comes up a little too high, giving her torso a shortened appearance.

SpiritDreamer
04-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Apr 30,2007

killermachine...Thanks...A little surealism now and then, is what keeps this old imagination alive and kickin...:scream:

Samanthie...THANKS...You were right about her waist, was bothering me also..worked on it some today, a little better now I think.
She is going to end up being pretty much stylelized seeing how she is totally from my imagination...just trying to make something pretty, with nice colors, while I'm experimenting and learning how to use these soft pastels.
What I can't achive traditionally on paper with these paintings using these pastels, I will try to achive digitally, using the pastels in painter #9. to modify them...hopefully what I do with them digitally, will start to reflex in what I do with them traditionally to start with ...maybe...:) ..TIME WILL TELL..:scream:
Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun trying to master these pastels...something new is always good and keeps me challenged.
I just remembered that I have a great book on RENOIR..full of his paintings...should keep me insprired while I use and learn how to use these soft pastels,..I forgot just how great his pastel work was, or is still really beautiful..:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Modifying my traditional pastel on paper..posted on previous page, and above, using the pastels in Panter #9...worked on her face and waist mostly.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman_8.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Pastel_Woman_8a.jpg

Samanthie
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
You did a nice job on that adjustment, looks much better. Very pretty image Glenn. I'm sure Renoir will inspire you to do even more with your pastels. :)

SpiritDreamer
05-01-2007, 10:06 PM
May 1, 2007

Samanthie...THANK YOU..:)

MIXING IT UP....Traditional soft pastel on paper, Painter #9, Z BRUSH

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/WOMAN_WITH_FLOWERS.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
MAY 2 2007

Made up a short poem to get me going on this FORTNIGHT 3 concept of the AMAZON WOMAN WARRIOR
From the most recent facts uncovered, they were ASIAN women somewhere up by TIBET.
Going to make a battle scene between women on horseback, and men on horseback.
Starting out with a facial expression that captures the feeling that I felt while writing the poem.
Was thinking along the lines of why woman would become warriors.
Entered my mind that it was probably in self defense of their children, after their men had been killed in a battle with a different tribe…NOTHING MORE FIERCE, THAN A MOTHER DEFENDING HER OFFSPRING….ORIGIN OF THE AMAZON QUEEN. And my concept

Echo’s of high pitched screams
Beauty not needed and unseen
Riding into battle like some wild hurricane wind
Phantoms from a dark nightmarish dream
Men of war hearts tremble, caving in with fear
The AMAZON QUEEN has arisen
It’s by the men of wars bloodshed that she is driven
Won’t be anymore men of war when the battle is over
Birth is now for living, now says the AMAZON QUEEN.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_WOMAN_3.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
May 3, 2007

Fortnight 003

In the top one, I’m just blocking in my concept, and thinking about composition. Will make adjustments and refinements as I go along.

The bottom one is a battle concept that I started about a month ago. Thought I would post it here, so you can see where, and in what direction I am going in with this current concept.
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_SCENE_3.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/HORSE_BATTLE_142.jpg

Samanthie
05-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey Glenn, I really like the new composition.:) Looks like it's going to be an epic! Looking forward to seeing this develop!

SpiritDreamer
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
MAY 4 2007

THANK YOU Samanthie, This is for sure going to be a challenge for me, but I am learning a great deal from the struggle, so it makes it all worth while.
I really appreciate your support
THANKS AGAIN
TAKE CARE
Glenn

CONCEPT FOR THE FORTNIGHT CAFÉ OO3 AMAZON WARROIR THEME
TOTALLY FROM MY OWN IMAGINATION, NO REFERENCES USED
Z BRUSH / PAINTER 9 COMBO

Starting to concentrate on lighting and atmosphere. Will pick the details out of the darkness as I go along. Sometimes less can be more dramatic, leaves something for the viewers own imagination to make up, just as poetry does.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_SCENE_WITH_FACE_5.jpg

Frejasphere
05-04-2007, 11:13 PM

been a while since I stopped in, it's great to see that you're as busy as always :)
Keep on rockin' ;)

and thanks again for your kind words in my thread - means a lot. beat goes on with the help of family and friends :)

take care

SpiritDreamer
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
May 6, 2007

Annette: Thanks!

Worked on some of the details this morning. Alot more to do.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_SCENE_WITH_FACE_18.jpg

Womball
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Really great sense of movement! The horses snouts seem to stout though, they should be longer and have less height.

SpiritDreamer
05-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Womball....THANKS FOR THE VISIT..:)
Glad you like the movement...That was one of my main goals for this painting..Im trying out some new composition ideas that I have been thinking about for awhile now..they seem to be working so far...sets of three,.. kind of thing...with strong diaginals for motion, and action.
About the horses,....they are meant to look like that, and do actually ...small and stout, not Kentucky thoroughbreds, Arabians, or Belgian war horses,..but small almost zebra like Mongolian war horses, ..the kind that Ghangis Khan and his armies rode into to battle on...except in this case it is nomadic Amazon Warrior Woman from somewhere up by Tibet, and in a time long before Ghangis Khan.
I am trying to be realistic, and as factual as possible in my approach to this concept, which up until now, has been myth, but through recent science, has become fact...They really did exsist,..and were up by Tibet...Maybe they are the reason that Tibet turned peaceful, after centuries of being fierce men warriors on horseback...just a passing thought, that goes with my poem for this painting...posted in the Fortnight Cafe 003 forum / thread.
TAKE CARE
Glenn

anandpg
05-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Hey Glenn! I love that last one... lots of movement.!

SpiritDreamer
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
May 7, 2007

Annand: Thank You! Glad you are liking it.

Started to turn this drawing into a painting this morning,
using the brushes in Zbrush.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_5.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
May 8, 2007

Little more done on this today

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_14.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
May 9, 2007

Working on details this morning - really getting into these Zbrush brushes
Pretty fancy stuff.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_21.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
May 10, 2007

Simplifying the colors - trying to create a mood

Glenn
http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_23.jpg

NR43
05-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Hi Glenn

very dynamic composition in the battle scene... really nice!
I think I prefer the brownish version and the red one the best.
Just my personal taste, although green is my favourite color of all, I think the red adds to the tension of a fight and the brown brings easily brings me back to the times when those fights had place... long long ago

Take care,
Johan

SpiritDreamer
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
May 11, 2007

Johan....THANKS....I think your right about the reds adding to, and creating a sense of battle ..more than the green version does..GOOD CALL Johan...THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK....ALWAYS HELPFUL...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Having fun with the Zbrush brushes.
FInally starting to get a handle on them.
This is a good one to experiment with, and on.

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_26.jpg

Trunks
05-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi glenn!
Long time no see... but I am finished with school now. I just have to wait till I get my marks ... but no more tests/exams whatever more to write :D So I am back to art ;)

I am not going to comment on every piece you posted till I was here the last time ... this would be to much :D
I like your pastel pieces... just keep them coming :)

Now to your battle scene ... I think the poses are very dynamic, maybe add some more persons to the piece if you want. Then there would be more action in the image :) But you don't need to it is ok the way it is.
But I think you could get a lot more dramatic in this piece by changing the light or better: by working more with light. Maybe you could also add some more light sources with different colors?
I would offer you to make the light brighter. So you get more highlights and a bigger range of colors.

This is the version where I like the light the most. You see how the brighter light brings more life into your piece? It is not looking this flat...
http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_14.jpg

Ok my problem is I don't know the right words to explain it better. Maybe you got maybe not ... if not I'll try to explain it better next time :D

Womball
05-12-2007, 10:19 AM
The one before the last one, I like. Earthy colors! Plus your exploring colors you don't usually use. I think they play well off of each other.

SpiritDreamer
05-12-2007, 01:15 PM
May 12, 2007

Trunks....THANKS....I agree with you about the lighting..could be alot more dramatic and dynamic...I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO WITH IT...:)

Womball ...THANKS....YES..Im trying to expand my colors..glad you noticed...I have been studying the works of ODD NERDRUM...I like his earthy colors, his use of lighting, his brushwork and the mood that they creat in his paintings.
THIS WHOLE BATTLE SCENE PAINTING HAS BEEN A NEW EXPERIMENT FOR ME, AND A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIANCE ALSO.
Hopefully I will get everything that I have learned in this one, to come together in my next concept painting...TIME WILL TELL..:thumbsup:
THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK AND HELP ..EVERYONE...MUCH APPRECIATED...:thumbsup: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn
A couple more versions
Experimenting with lighting

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_30.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_31.jpg

Womball
05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
The top one, I like the warmer look of it.

SpiritDreamer
05-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Womball...THANKS....I kind of liked that one myself...I added a red tint, by changing the hue just a tad...unified the colors ...reds in the greens ect.....learning a little bit from each experiment that I do with this painting...I just keep pushing it...just to see what happens..you just never know what the outcome and result will be, until you lose the fear of spoiling it..:eek: :scream: :)
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK ..Womball..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

SpiritDreamer
05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
May 12, 2007

Calling this one done!

My CONCEPT FOR THE FORTNIGHT CAFÉ 003 THEME AMAZON WARRIOR WOMEN
CREATED TOTALLY FROM MY IMAGINATION, NO REFERENCES USED.
Z BRUSH / PAINTER 9 COMBO
Took the theme, created a short poem for it, then created the painting from that poem.

Echo’s of high pitched screams
Beauty not needed and unseen
Riding into battle like some wild hurricane wind
Phantoms from a dark nightmarish dream
Men of war hearts tremble, caving in with fear
The AMAZON QUEEN has arisen
It’s by the men of wars bloodshed that she is driven
Won’t be anymore men of war when the battle is over
Birth is now for living, now says the AMAZON QUEEN.

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/AMAZON_BATTLE_COLOR_33a.jpg

razz
05-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Hello, Glenn. This last painting is looking great. Nice moment stopped. When looking at a painting, I find it interesting to imagine what would happen after a few seconds after.
And I'm painting a little piece for a competition. The topic is "your time is over". Doesn't this pic just fit it? :)
Always a pleasure to see the unique style of yours.

ha-dou-ken
05-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Glenn!:scream:

TWO MUGS OF COFFEE, SORRY!:scream:

I'LL STOP SHOUTING!:scream:

I love this last one. Your paints always make me feel like I'm in a lucid dream. The lighting is very intimate and I feel like a ghost in the scene. Almost like a flashback to someone who is in a coma...I don't know, just blabbing. that's how it makes me feel though. I like it a lot heh.

all from imagination too?! I wish I were that good. One day, it I folow people like you around enough heh.:bowdown:

I saw Gandhi with Ben Kingsley the other day and thought of you.:) Just a random fact.

Also, I saw Goya's Ghosts. It sucked, but I learned about the artist to an extent and I instantly loved his work. Heh, thanks for mentioning him in my thread, otherwise I would have never bothered to look into him.:)

SpiritDreamer
05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
May 13, 2007

HEY...RAZZ....THANKS...Looking forward to seeing that concept painting of yours....:thumbsup:

THANKS ..Isaias...It's people like you, who put a lot of personal feelings into thier works that keep me going, and inspired..:)
Goya has the same effect on me also...his personal works spoke from his heart...not an easy thing to do....:)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Taking a little break, and some time out to play this morning..just exploring and experimenting....TITLE ... CRYING HEART OF STONE

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/ROCK_FORMATION_5.jpg

SpiritDreamer
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
May 15, 2007

Start of a new composition and painting
Will add to it as I go along

Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/ROCK_BACE_FOR_HORSE_BATTLE_3.jpg