PDA

View Full Version : Critic on love scene?

blablabba
12-10-2005, 11:41 AM
hey there i would like some criticism for my picture, i drew it on pencil on paper then scanned it onto my computer and have been using adobe photoshop to colour it in, the picture still has alot more work to be done on it till it is finished! the actual picture is at a much higher resolution but i scaled it down for this thread!, but till then i just would like some of your opinions thank you very much!

Pencil
http://www.philangelo.co.uk/Figure1.jpg

Colour
http://www.philangelo.co.uk/Figure2.jpg

Elsie
12-10-2005, 12:29 PM
In my opinion she's too far over the pier - take it from a ballerina who had to hold that pose everyday, she's have to have some SERIOUS muscle to pull it off with that little support heh, which makes it look kinda stiff and uncomfortable. His neck is also kinda long - but a nice idea :) i like how you've done the legs under the water.

blablabba
12-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey thanks for reply, i understand about the neck it does look stiff! any suggestions as to how to fix that problem would be greatful :), and as for the lady shes not really meant to be holding the position, she kind of falls into the position trying to capture a moment that happens so fast. perhaps its just because i have made it, but i get the feeling that the lady is very comfortable which i wanted to achieve! please reply more crit!!! :)

blablabba
12-16-2005, 11:44 PM
hey i done a silly thing and actually added this to the completed 2D image section but i have decided to really work on it more for Expose i really want to have it perfected for it, ill keep on updating.

http://www.philangelo.co.uk/ladylove.jpg

blablabba
12-16-2005, 11:54 PM
i am getting more of a three dimensional feel to it now!, and i think i will get rid of the legs and add a Fish Tale, turn him into a mermaid :) and im also going to give him long hair. i understand the torso looks a bit cut up at the moment i am going to sort that problem out :) still loads more to do. Any crit would be great.
thanks phil

http://www.philangelo.co.uk/loveydovey.jpg

Lman
12-17-2005, 01:27 AM
HEY starting to look good, I really like the under water part around his feet, that looks cool!

ok he is coming out of the water not going in so there is not as much displacement of water so I would tone down the splash and spray a tad,

his elbow is too thick thin it out a bit around there. Prob to the same size as his shoulder socket.

As soon as he goes back down that poor girl is gona fall, so bring the edge of the pier to just after where her jeans end so she will have a good center of grav on the pier.

Add a little fish in the corner that be cool.
Hope some of this helps.
Keep up the good work

beelow
12-17-2005, 07:18 AM
You are having some real, problems with your porportions and anatomy, try to shoot reference to a better feel of what you are going to do, try to thumb before you go into your work. It's real hard to go back and change stuff around!

Ok, lets start with the crits! YOu may want to scoot her back a lot because she looks like she is about to fall over the edge of the bridge, thingamajig! The torsos on the guy and gal are way too long, you may want to give your clouds variety, nothing beats drawing from observation! That is how I learned to draw clouds! I would like to see on top or below the bridge thingamajig! Also some atmospheric perspective may help as well, good luck with finishing this!:thumbsup:

Also, try going to the artistic anatomy thread. There are some really helpful tips there!:thumbsup:

blablabba
12-17-2005, 08:42 AM
thanks for criticism! guys!!, im not too sure whether i should carry on if the anatomy is not correct! i had drawn it out on paper and worked it all out, i did start to understand later on the torso was quite long! but i suppose i was trying to get the feel of them pushing there selfs to the limit, if anyone could send a edited version as to how it shud look would be a big help for my learning the anatomy! :)

Thanks phill

Sagii
12-17-2005, 08:59 AM
You have a nice start... i am a novice drawer myself but as a viewer ill give my crit. I think you are missing some curve and softness in their bodies as of now the girl still looks stiff to me more like if she was already place there than if she had fallen into that position... she lacks the movement because if she is falling this would be a frame of her going from standing to flat in the water, so she would need to show her body falling, hair flying in air ... its hard to describe she just needs more movement.

You have drawn the movement a lot better with the guy though :D

beelow
12-17-2005, 06:29 PM
It is always good to move on to something else, just keep drawing dude!:thumbsup:

mswehli
12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Gotta say, i love the general feel of it all. love the way the painting sorta has slightly mixed styles, gives it a sort of greek methology sort of look.
Well only crit i have is about, (which might have been mentioned before, sorry, don't read all the replys) the girl. Up until her ass, it all looks great, but then her thighs and legs seam too chubby for her upper body.
oh, and, as was previously mentioned, the guys arms. they seem too straight and long in my opinion.
But other then that it looks great. really like the way the water looks, and how the piers legs sorta change colour and shape underwater. gives it a great look.

blablabba
12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Cheers everyone for the advice really helps!!! i might redo the whole drawing again and recolour it all with same style perhaps later on!. at the moment i have found a interest in drawing comical characters because i find im more drawn into that because its really funny to do! and you dont have to really concentrate on the anatomy as much lol, ill submit a few of the characters i have made later :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.