PDA

View Full Version : Deep UV

David Lightbown
02-28-2002, 02:42 AM
Anyone know when Deep UV is coming out ? I'm really anal when it comes to perfect UV maps, and I want to see this product so I know if its something worth investing in.

I emailed RH a few months back asking about various mapping features being added to Deep Paint 3D and they told me that they were on the way... but I have waited and waited, to no avail...

Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks.

cerreto
03-09-2002, 07:40 PM
personaly im a lil disapointed in rh and the whole deep uv thing ! im a texture weopons owner and thought that most of what deep uv is claiing to do is what texture weopns should already be able to do from what ive heard its basicly texture weopons that allows you to map quads and n sided polys ! if thats the case why arent texture weopons owners getting a patch i cant see paying 500 bucks more for a upgrade to a upgrade purchase ?

David Lightbown
03-09-2002, 10:50 PM
As a longtime fanatic of perfect UV maps, (which is an unhealthy asset to have :) ) I can think of tons of options for an incredible UV mapper that no software has. The closest I've seen is some of Maya's mapping options, such as Move and Sew and cloning. Sometimes I'm tempted to up and convince a few programmers at my office to write a good mapper... which may very well happen.

DigitalCritters
04-08-2002, 11:00 AM
I asked this in the RH forums and the answer was "this week" (last week, now...). I agree cerreto that the quads functionality should be a patch for those of us who already paid $1300 total for texture weapons.

http://www.righthemisphere.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&postid=463#post463

DigitalCritters
04-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Doh!

Just noticed that it's on their website now...available to purchase.

http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/duv/index.htm

hmmm...

David Lightbown
04-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah I saw that page a few weeks ago... unfortunately they dont tell you what exactly makes it the best UV mapping software in the world. That would help to convince me to look into it :)

David

DigitalCritters
04-09-2002, 02:32 AM
Well, the features page looks pretty sweet, and there's a demo download...

Pricing seems pretty fair now for old users, upgrading both dp3d to 2.0 and deepuv is about $400us.

muckywetnoodle
04-29-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey Bill and Co. :D
So have any of you used deepUV yet? Been busy playing w/ deep 2 but don't have UV.

DigitalCritters
05-08-2002, 04:20 AM
Hey Eric :beer:

I just got my deep2 and deepUV tonight. 30 minutes into it--DeepUV has automapped and packed my quad uv's like a charm.

Thumbs up!

I painted a quick map in Deep2 and all is well. Finally, this projection package is "complete".

Later,
Bill

muckywetnoodle
05-11-2002, 03:41 AM
sounds good. I'm finally gonna get to try it next week. Can't wait!
and :beer:

Kim Oravecz
05-15-2002, 05:07 PM
I've been playing around with Deep UV the last couple of evenings. I have Deep Paint 3D with Texture Weapons and all I can say is the new Deep UV is totally absolutely awesome!! I am really impressed with it. So much better than Texture Weapons - and I thought Texture Weapons was a good program.

There are 2 tutorials available on the Right Hemisphere site that were posted last week for Deep UV and so I went through those - these tutorials really show off the new features quite nicely.

If you are at all interested in UV mapping at least download the demo and play with it yourself. Definitely download those 2 tutorials too.

Well worth the upgrade for sure!

Later!

. . . Kim

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.