PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Bullet Wound.

Elamdri
12-10-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm doing a urban setting piece for a friend of mine for a graphics project. I want to do a scene of a man slump against the wall with a bullet wound in the chest and a bloodsmear behind him with some bullet holes in the wall. However, I have been able to find help on how to make the bloodsplatter and bullet holes, but i cannot find any site giving tutorials on realistic BULLET wounds. All i have been able to find are regular wounds, like scratches and gashes. If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Jack Youngblood
12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
There are many kinda bullet wounds. Frankly the best way is to use reference and figure it out for yourself.

Try going to Ogrish.com for that kinda image (WARNING: NOT 4 THE SQUEEMISH).

If you find an image you like post your images here (maybe just a text link to the reference photo) and we will have a look.

orcone
12-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I also recommend you look at computer games for inspiration. Specifically Counter Strike: Source and F.E.A.R. as they have quite realistic blood spatter and wound decals.

Elamdri
12-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Ah thanks. I would have never thought to look to my shooters. Thanks alot, that is just the inspiration i needed.

Vympel
12-10-2005, 08:29 PM
You can use the photos of ogrish or othe site and to apply them on its photo, using layer masks, transform...

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2005, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.