PDA

View Full Version : flash button question

the_shyguy
12-10-2005, 05:29 AM
hi there... i am making a flash button and it involves animation as you rollover the button... my problem is that i want the animation to stop once the person clicks on the button until they leave the hit spot and then return to it again... other wise when they click the button and go to the desired page the animation starts playing again if the person keeps the mouse over the button... what script would i need to use and where would i put it... i tried all kinds of onRelease stuff and couldnt figure it out...

cheers

Anuxinamoon
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Okay :)

So I take it you have a separate Symbol containing the animation and have the button separate right?

Okay what you need to do is double click on the button. This will bring up the button screen. What you need to do is create key frames in each of the Up, Over, Down and Hit.

Click on the Over key frame and place your Animated symbol only in that frame. You can delete the old button symbol from underneith if need be.

Now the animation will only play when that key frame has been activated, eg. by rolling over it.

I hope I have helped!

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.