PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake - VFX challenge - alx

alx
11-24-2002, 02:27 AM
hello

well late enough i decided to join in... i have to do some Rd for a prject kind ok alike so i jumped in.. unfortunately i can only do it durin this weekend.. so i'll try and do as much as i can just for the fun of it.. thats what i like about the challeneges.. besides we can all lear from each other..

ok.. i begun this last night at about 10 or 11 pm... and have been working on it mostly today..
i will post the sb and then i'll post the process.. though i might post later tonight..

well this is fun...
Luck peeps..

sincerely
alx

alx
11-24-2002, 08:48 AM
ok.. here is the sb...
ohh the video is a simple video i found on the web.. but works perfet for this purpose..

here is what i have on list to do ( somethings i've allerady done)

Story Board
Video
bring to maya
Match Camera
Create Geometry
Figure out ways to contrain the Cables to thePosts ( rig?... dynamic)
Figure out cracks
Create Secondary Animations
Add dynamics
Texture
Light

Matte ( object removal)

Fake Camera Moving
Color Correct
Output to video

Ok.. anyways... here is my funky Story board

dosealas
11-24-2002, 11:11 AM
hey budy dont wory were gonna need some speed containing shows....adventureous earthquake!!!

yaaahoooo!!!

alx
11-24-2002, 11:09 PM
Ok i managed to get something done.. lol.

here is a quick update..

astrofish
11-24-2002, 11:54 PM
Hi alx,
I think that looks quite promising, especially given the minimal amount of time you've had on it. Is there any animation, or have you just produced a still?

Are you likely to be able to do any more work on it?

alx
11-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Thanx Astro

well i dd manage to finish
execpt for the rendering..
i don't have my sipe up yet so i have no space.. thus i will post a zip file.. hope that trhat is ok... anyway it isn't the final one anyway..

well as far as what i have...
most of the Layers.. exept for 2 wich are rendering
and i need to fix some issues...

1st.. get wrid of the Car.
2nd Fix the fake Camera shake
3rd touch up tones and color as well as Grain

and thats it i think

sorry t be so minimalist.. but time is hard to find.. hehe

anyways...

Good luck and i'm open for suggestions, though i know i wont have the time to fix most of them,... i'll still like to hear them... to improve on my skills and stuff..
well Good Luck

Sincerely
alx
:wavey:

(edit) ok... i can't put a file larger than 50.000 Bytes.... so i'll try Divx) sorry

well The Divx is still too large.. ok.. well i guess i'll just post the final... any ideas ... how do i put it up?..

sincerley
alx

alx
11-25-2002, 09:40 AM
btw..
where do i get the sorenson2 Codec?

i was looking through but i seem to only have the Sorenson 3 and regular Sorenson codecs..
any ideas..

Tx

Sincerely
alx

astrofish
11-25-2002, 10:56 AM
On my machine the 'Sorensen' codec proclaims itself as being Sorensen 2' on the settings page, so I think you've probably already got it.

I was also starting to wonder about how and where we are supposed to actually submit our final versions...

dosealas
11-25-2002, 03:27 PM
hey buddy why dont u just create a free acount from geocities..place the divx tehre and just give a link???

alx
11-25-2002, 08:21 PM
helloo again

well thanks dosealas...i was going to try it.. but i got it up hehe ( :D)

well so here is the video his is the playblast so it is not a final.. i'll put the final tonight i hope..

sincerely
alx

alx temporary playblast (http://www.astrofish.com/earthquake/alx/playblast.mov)

Arioch
11-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Wow that looks really good, especially for the short time you've had to work on it. The poles and the wires are great. You almost get the impression that this badass car is causing the rip in the street. :thumbsup:

alx
11-26-2002, 02:54 AM
well i finished it...

i will post the videos soon... for now here is the Compositing plet breakdown..

i have to say i am glad i finished it and in a short time.. hehe took about say.. i dunno ...
15 hours or so i would have done more.. but i was doing this for fun.. well anyway.. enough breaks.. eheh
now for me back to work..

Sincerely
alx

Comments are really welcome..
the only thing i know i could have fixed is all the blur but ohh well...

anyways..

Luck peeps..

Sincerely
alx

alx
11-26-2002, 06:31 AM
here ya go..

sincerly
alx

ORIGINAL PLATE (http://www.joshball.com/non-site files/alx/Original plate.mov)

FINAL WITHOUT CAR (http://www.joshball.com/non-site files/alx/Final no car.mov)

FINAL WITH A CAR (http://www.joshball.com/non-site files/alx/Final With Car.mov)

MrWyatt
11-26-2002, 09:04 AM
sweeeeeeeet.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nando3D
11-26-2002, 10:54 AM
very nice,, for few hour is very good ,
the only thing, I will change is the crack on the road, is like the road is melting like Ice, a part from that, Well done...

Nando

alx
11-28-2002, 08:13 AM
thanks nando... yeah i agree.. it was a quiock test.. i would have doen more to it.. but time .. you know.. hehe..
anyways.. thansk again...

alx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.