PDA

View Full Version : St. Elisabeth Cathedral

Gaboon
12-09-2005, 02:15 AM
I wanted to model and texture something that I did not design myself for my portfolio to show that I can work with what Im given. I wanted the textures to be 90% photo manipulation instead of from scratch like I normaly do. This was more about trying to get photo real than creative persay. All feedback is appreciated especiallty on the texture. The roof especially is still a WIP. Thanks guys :)

dbates
12-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Those walls are stones, not bricks, right? The blocks seem a bit too large (compare them to the windows).

I like the modeling. Could you post a wire?

Gaboon
12-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I redid the texture and added some bump maps. I don't know if the mesh is too heavy for next gen, Im hoping not, or the textures for that matter. If anybody knows, please post. I am not used to working with photos as much, so I hope the textures look ok. Any comments or crits will help me a lot. Thanks.

utchamp
12-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Really nice job, on the modeling and texturing!!

Guriamo
12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
very solid work....

i dont think its too heavy, my buildings are at the same range (depends always on the detail of the actual building)

and i think for ingame useage you could easily scale down the texture size without loosing much detail i guess...

did you make the photographs for the textures yourself? cause i couldnt find any good pics in google ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.