PDA

View Full Version : New Logo. Help Please

sic6six
12-09-2005, 02:00 AM
ok a friend and i are starting up a gaming mod team. he has left me in charge of all the art work and my first project was to design a logo. im using photoshop cs2 for this and need a little help with the text as i have never used the method before using ps cs2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/sic6six/DepravedMindsLogohelp.jpg
here is a smaller version of the logo for loading purposes. what i want to do is change the text at the bottm so its the right way up but still following the curve of the circle. does anyone know how this can be achieved. i used the elipse path to get the desired effect and would greatly apreciate any guidence people can give on how i can change the font.

winterhart
12-09-2005, 04:24 AM
I would leave the text out...and then take it into illustrator as a hi res tiff, place image, and then place the text on a circular path that fits where you want it.
Photoshop isn't as well designed to work with text as illustrator is and your results will be better...plus you can reexport it back into photoshop afterwards if you want and play more!!!
:D
Just my 10cents, Good luck! looks good so far!
B.

sic6six
12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
thahnks for the suggestion winterhart. will this work with macromedia freehand as i dont have illustrator at the moment.

winterhart
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
sorry, can't help there, I'm not familiar with macromedia freehand! I highly recommend getting illustrator tho, it's fantastic for design projects.
B.

sic6six
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
ok i just got illustrator today. so as im a novice at it could you help me with curving the text

winterhart
12-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Okay,
step one: use the ellipse tool to create...an elipse the elipse does not have to be either filled nor have a stroke (hold shift to make a perfect circle)
step two: choose the "type on a path" text tool
step three: click the text cursor on the path of your elipse
step four: type what you want to be on the path
step five: pick your selection tool (black arrow) and move one of two vertical lines near the text to the end of your text (so one line is at one end and the other line is at the other end of your title..)
step six: grab the centre vertical line and drag it down and around the circle until the text is where you want it to be.

To edit text on a path, use text on path cursor, or select the text in the layers palette.

Have fun, hope this was clear enough!! see diagram below:

sic6six
12-11-2005, 05:07 PM
its colse but i want it on the underside of the circle

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2005, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.