PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max - Meshsmooth Distorsion?

Eridan
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Hello CGTalkers

I have this problem: have modeled an aircraft in lowpoly, then added a Meshsmooth 2x and am satisfied with the result. Later then, I was asked to texturize it so I started unwrapping UVs in 3dsmax (version 7.0 btw) and all went ok. Then, I started to handpaint the texture; but when I applied it to the model, to see the result with Meshsmoot activated, I noticed the texture is now distorted in some places. How can I tackle this? Do I have to reduce all the model in quads? Or there are some other ways to have it done the right way?

http://onfinite.com/libraries/711784/a7c.jpg

Ian Jones
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Tell us exactly the order of your modifier stack and whats in it, specifically where the UVW unwrap is in relation to the meshsmooth.

Eridan
12-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Actually, I have just the lowpoly model (with UVs already unwrapped and baked onto the mesh) and over it the TurboSmooth... but i tried with an UVUnwrap on the top and on the bottom of Turbosmooth, there's no difference (at least I noticed no difference)...

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2005, 02:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.