PDA

View Full Version : 2d animation wobbly lines

Bucket
12-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Basically. I consistantly have trouble with wobbly lines in 2d animation.

I wonder what methods are used to avoid wobbly lines.

If you have character whose hand is resting on the wall and not moving yet the rest of the character is moving... Do you use the same drawing of the arm and just draw on top of it with new drawings for the motions?

Do 2d outiners use shoulder technique more than wrist? For rough animation with thick rough lines how does an outliner choose where to draw that thin black line?

I remember reading in a Richard Williams book that it is more important to get the shapes right than the lines. Yet as accurate as I get the shape the slightest wobbly line kills the illusion.

jakiloblanco
12-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I would suggest using a layer for this, place a layer underneath your animation with just the hand; a held cel.

As for cleanup, I always thought it better to do your lines as accurately as possible, but quickly, not too slowly chugging along your drawing. Try approaching it methodically... cleaning the keys first, then the breakdowns, the your ib's. You'll find that you have more of an idea where your next drawing has to be by doing it like this...

Are you using a digital method or paper?

Hope this helps!

Bucket
12-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Digital method.Thanks for the reply.

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2005, 05:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.