PDA

View Full Version : how to make this effect

iC4
11-23-2002, 05:21 PM
hi

let me first explain what I want. It will be an effect in an 3d animation. a devil is walking on a meadow, and while he is walking the ground under him is turning from grass to stone and water gets to lava.

now I thought I will render the environment (without the model) two times, first the grass scene, and then the stone scene.

and now my question, is it possible to animate an alpha channel from one video? I thought I just put both videos in after effects, and delete parts of the grass animation with an alpha map, so that the stone animation is visible.

is this possible? or is there an easier way?

thx

RiotManZ
11-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Why not try it with animated masks with a little feather?
Or you could use this vector-stuff, with animated strokes. But i think this is only available in the Production Bundle.
Not the best tips, I know, but better than nothing.

its837
11-23-2002, 11:33 PM
or try rendering the devils shadow on a seperate pass and use that as a track matt for the ground

Per-Anders
11-24-2002, 07:12 AM
you can just render out the alpha for teh steps (i don't know what your'e going to do to do this, possibly a proximity gradient?) anyhow put that into the layer above the layer you want to mask, then simply change the tracking matte of the layer you want masked (layer->tracking matte->whicher matte you want). that should do the trick for you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.