PDA

View Full Version : The making of shadow of colossus

Rose-in-the-mud
12-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Here`s some impressive material, It`s almost an open source, fx wise anyway.

The page it`s all in japanese, but running a translator like babelfish you can get a bit of sense out of it.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051207/3dwa.htm

fahr
12-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Holy crap, they did all the art content in the game using Lightwave! Didnt see that coming. :) Shadow of the Colossus is a truly remarkable game, and if I was Newtek I would be parading this everywhere, as it was a terrific showcase of modeling and animation.

Lightwave is not exactly known for its character animation tools, so this should go far to inspire any cg artist to make great animation no matter what tool they are using.

Rose-in-the-mud
12-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Aparently I had to write a few tools to overcome lightwave`s animation limitations, I guess they just wanted a a bigger challenge, rather than using a more convenient package.

Iysun
12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
cool link thanks.

I was just playing this game not long ago, it reminded me alot of a game called ICO style wise.

Teyon
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
That's probably because the same folks who mad ICO made Shadow Of The Colossus and intentionally gave it a similar feel.

Iysun
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
yup i figured it was the same folks. Both cool games.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.