PDA

View Full Version : new animation!

taylor
02-27-2002, 11:18 PM
hey everyone! new clip here. let me know what you think! hate it? love it? a critique? thanks in advance!

http://www.hi-fi-lo-fi.com/taylor/anim/jt_feb02.mpg

Delucubus
02-27-2002, 11:35 PM
haha! I love it, but I'm also biased because of the Simpson. I really like the characters he's talking to, fits nicely. No critiques from me.

3dflasher
02-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Hey what's up Taylor. I saw your post creeping torward the second page with one reply. Man that pisses me off that people dont reply anymore.

Great animation. Love your timing. I really like the Simpsons :) Is that the new 10 sec club clip. Thats a great Idea, using a bowling reference. It shows you are an artist on many levels. Great work and keep us posted with more great stuff :)

AnimBot
02-28-2002, 10:34 AM
I don't know why the squirrel's talking to the bowling pins and I don't care because that's just too funny. The animation is really solid. I think you've got some prettey good gestures, though the timing I think could be adjusted it seems a little to slow in general. But still great stuff.

taylor
02-28-2002, 06:27 PM
thanks for the reply's guys! i'm glad you enjoyed it. i don't know why people are'nt posting. hmmm....

leigh
02-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Heheheheh nice one Jason! I love the way the pins feelings look so hurt!!! That's really cute!! Well done :)

Wow... 92 views, and so few comments.... I wonder why??? :(

Fury
02-28-2002, 10:20 PM
looks good. I think the motion could be exaggerated more on the part where he says "ya don't strike..." you've got the arms going out, but i think a little more oomph and a bit faster would give it some pep.

I like the design of the pins and their mouths. i would've like to see how you handled them talking if they had any lines to say.

great job though....

Br0nZiLLa
03-01-2002, 01:57 AM
it's cool! but i like some of your other work even more,like the cookie blues for example...and some of the ani tests...keep up the good work son!

HelixDaKat
03-01-2002, 03:51 AM
I was looking at that contest myself.
May enter it when i have time.

The animation is really well done, and the timing is good.
Texturing could use some work, but over all its cool.

HelixDaKat

taylor
03-01-2002, 06:47 PM
thanks for the replies guys! hehe. helixdacat: there is no textures! it's for a character animation contest and will be judged on animation alone! no textures of frills! hehe. my next short that is currently in production will have textures. It's called "NUTS" and will be done in another month or so. thanks agqain for the kind words!

Pancreas
03-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Ha ha, i like it a lot, it´s so absurd it could be a Python´s sketch. Maybe the pins should be more shocked "Hey is that a squirrel telling us how to do our work?" The squirrel´s performance is superb, express her feelings but not overacts.

Isopod
03-01-2002, 10:48 PM
nice animation! really liked it...but this seems interesting...somebody at the blender discussion forum posted an animation with the same audio track from the simpsons...wonder who did it first?

http://www.blender.nl/discussion/read.php?f=36&i=15398&t=15398

But I really liked both of them

--Isopod

HelixDaKat
03-01-2002, 11:02 PM
IsoPod,

The animation is for a net contest. So there will be quite a few animations with the same audio track.

They select a 10 second Audio clip and then have a contest to see who can make a good animation to the track.

Go here for more info: http://www.anilusionfilms.com.au/10secondclub/index.html

Its great for Learning Character animation and lip syncing.

HelixDaKat

Isopod
03-01-2002, 11:15 PM
I see....man I should probably get out of my hole once in a while and catch up with the current events....I'm so outdated...

thanks for the info!

--Isopod

Daxx
03-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Good Animation!! ^_^

:D :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.