PDA

View Full Version : heeding the experts

lumberyard
12-07-2005, 10:27 AM
so i've been messing around with 3d for a bit, and have no real talent to speak of, so i thought i'd begin to try and hone some of the more traditional stuff to give me that edge... you know, the edge over the other guys that want to jump right into 3d purely for personal enrichment... all that aside, this is my first sketch in quite a long time, which i then did a little bit to in PS... please DISREGARD THE HANDS :)
http://www.dez-nuts.com/images/jesus3.jpg
so what do you guys think? i started out trying to see what i could do with form, but then it kind of became a fun with contrast thing...
no reference or anything like that, maybe that should be my next step.

oh also, i apologize if the image offends anyone, i am not a man of faith and did not intend any meaning with this image, it just ended up being a pose i wanted to try.

Jack Youngblood
12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
nice use of paint. Good 'feel' to the effect. maybe the arms are a bit short. Do you think you sqashed them a bit to make them fit the layout?

lumberyard
12-10-2005, 01:42 AM
hey thanks for your comment,
i think the arms might be short because i didnt use a reference and have no real basis in anatomy, i'll check out some material and see if i can alter it a bit.

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2005, 01:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.