PDA

View Full Version : How to load more than one clownfish rig in Studio ?

mstram
12-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I've been playing with the clownfish_rig that comes with the Messiah Studio demo.

What is the trick to getting more than one clownfish in a scene?

I've tried to both load the clown_rig.mpj scene more than once (append to scene) , and to duplicate the clownfish object "tree". Neither works.

When I load/append the clown_rig scene, the second clown fish comes in as yellow in the animate view, and when I do a render preivew only the eyes render.

If I try to clone the "_______CLOWNFISH____" item, I get an error message "The MorpBlender target has no geometry"

thx

Mike

isobarxx
12-07-2005, 05:12 AM
It almost works. If you look at the thumbnails in the Render > Surfaces tab you can see the _1 materials aren't getting their texture images applied correctly, which is easy enough to fix by re-targeting the texture image in that material.

One of the fins not working is more annoying. It's probably a string in one of the expressions that messiah can't automatically rename.

What the heck is "shorty"?

fishhead
12-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry cannot really help with your problem with the fins... :[
Thatīs one for Maks - he built the rig.

About "Shorty" - thats a remainder from the initial project the original mesh stems from.
The original Shorty looks like this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=256937&highlight=bavarian+fish) ...

mstram
12-07-2005, 08:39 PM
It almost works. If you look at the thumbnails in the Render > Surfaces tab you can see the _1 materials aren't getting their texture images applied correctly, which is easy enough to fix by re-targeting the texture image in that material.

One of the fins not working is more annoying. It's probably a string in one of the expressions that messiah can't automatically rename.

What the heck is "shorty"?

Ok, thx, I went into the render tab and re-assigned the textures, and the second fish now renders.

Another thing is that the armature icons are supposed to be "double clickable" which then apparently toggles the visibility of the actual armatures (joints / icons / squash). When I double click on either the bone/fish/squash-thingy icons, nothing happens. Maybe because I'm only running the demo version??? or the version itself (2.2a) ?

I also don't see anywhere in the armature setup interface where that visibility toggle is setup. I haven't found anything in the docs that talks about a double click action (only drag/click) is mentioned.

I searched on this forum for "armatures" but haven't found anything yet about double-click visibility.

Is this one of those undocumented features ? :)

Mike

maks
12-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi Mike,

sorry, I somehow missed this thread while I was replying to you privatly...
Here's my last answer to you again:

Check the "Mouse Action Settings" in the messiah docs->Interface->Setup Tab->Armatures->Armatures List for the different clicking options.
The visibility action can be found under the click action type, it's called HandleVisibility.

I don't really know if there are any limitations with the demo version in regard to armatures, haven't it installed here...

mstram
12-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Hi Mike,

The visibility action can be found under the click action type, it's called HandleVisibility.

I don't really know if there are any limitations with the demo version in regard to armatures, haven't it installed here...

Well it's either because of the version (2.2a) or because it's a demo, but there is no Handle Visibility.

Instead, there's a choice labelled "actiontest".

I can't believe how much of my own and your time I wasted trying to figure this out :)

Thx

Mike

maks
12-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I just checked again, and the "HandleVisibility" action is contained in a "ActionExamples.mp" plugin. Since the demo "does not allow the use of plug-ins other than the ones included", I'm guessing that that plugin might not be included with it...?

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 09:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.