PDA

View Full Version : The Empire strikes Back!!!

El_Fugee
02-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Softimage introduces the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Experience, a free version of its flagship animation package.
Softimage has announced 'The SOFTIMAGE|XSI Experience', a free twoCD pack comprising of XSI 2.0 Advanced, electronic documentation and video tutorials. This non-commercial offering gives students and professionals alike unlimited, free access to the flagship Softimage nonlinear animation [NLA] system and tools to learn it from the ground up

grendizer
02-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Have you all noticed that all 3d sites are bombed with Softimage banners now? :D
I was tired of watching all those MAYA adds everywhere, it's great to see that Softimage finally decided to strike back! :p

core
02-27-2002, 11:55 PM
Yeah cool.

But have you see the "Projects can not been saved" thing.

When Softimage fix this Problem with a special "file formart for saving" and you can load normal scene files , then they are the leaders. :)

I love to see that Softimage is back on top. :D

Christian

Mike RB
02-28-2002, 12:06 AM
i mentioned this in the other thread, you might be able to get limited saving by saving the entire script logged of all your actions. then running it as a starting point when you restart soft...

Mike

SheepFactory
02-28-2002, 02:17 AM
soft also adresses a much neglected point and ships 70 video tutorials with the software.

i watched the tutorials , they are not much in depth , but they are extremely helpful for newbies or for experienced users who are used to another software.

the video tutorials gives you an overview of all the aspects of the software.

really clever move from softimage.

A|i

alben
02-28-2002, 03:11 AM
yeah now there is a "COKE and PEPSI" war in the 3d world between MAYA and SOFTIMAGE XSI

dmonk
02-28-2002, 04:52 AM
Is there some catch?

Would I be able to save work and render and everything with the cd. I mean say if I used it at home and modeled something. Could I render it out. It all seems too good to be true.
Or maybe I'm just too untrusting.

sigma
02-28-2002, 05:02 AM
I think all of this free software is great. Sure its just a demo but who cares, Its fun learning new apps. First Maya now Soft. Ive always wanted to try XSI and now I'll get the chance in a month or so. Cool. :)

element412
03-02-2002, 09:30 PM
are u guys saying that its a 3dprogram that can actually render and all... and for free??? (i know there surely some watermark and some savong problems . but wow...and they send it frely???
thats great and more there the french headquarters in montreal that is like 20 min away from my house....kewl.

Mike RB
03-02-2002, 10:27 PM
no saving and a watermark on render

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.