Títle: Future Worker
1142 triangles
Texture size: 1024x1024
Textures:
Color Map
Normal Map
Specular Map

Concept and creation: Gerard Muntés Mulero
Tutorial soon at www.muntes.com (http://www.3dpoder.com/foro3dpoder/links.php?url=http://www.muntes.com) !

Jason-Lavoie
12-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Man... this is really good man, can we see any more shots (liek the wire etc)

Primo_itch
12-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Its 1142 polys just on the head ? If so, i dont think its really low poly... =/

But it looks pretty nice! :D

Johny
12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
for 1k tris you could make better output from the mesh ( loop wise and poly usagge ) the texture itself is kinda ..dunno ...plain, it doesnt even seem to have normal and specular maps , it seems to only have diffuse, wich also could be better explored.
i dunno if it is supposed to be realistic or cartoonish or stylized, i would say it is very stylized , but its your call ;)

keep at it !!

JuddWack
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I think when people say "low-poly" in this forum it is really refering to a model that would be suitable for a game engine.

It's a damn good first low poly but I'd have to agree that the normal and spec maps aren't really doing a lot of justice.

franklyn
12-07-2005, 12:56 AM
no offense or anything but his helmet does bare a striking resemblance to a watermelon :S.
other than that i love the concept however i think that you could use a little touch up on ur textures here and there and bring out some more detail.

Macaco_
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Thank you all for your responses!
I see I have failed :P, but I hope you can help me to improve it!

First of all, I've made a mistake, I had a skylight in the scene! Now I have only omnis and spots
(without gi) and the model is 30% self -iluminated.
So... If posted this renders to better see the work (a wire, a render with only normal and specular maps applied to the model and a new render without gi), and I've reduced the polygon count to 1110 triangles.

Primo_itch: I tought 1k was good for a face since next gen complete chracter models have about 5k or more.

franklyn: Yes :P I tried several textures since I had to play with a library and that one suited better, but it's kinda water-melon :)

Thanks!

Macaco_
12-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Here it is an update, I've changed some texture colors...

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2005, 12:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.