PDA

View Full Version : layer transformed into dust effect ??

seb4d
11-23-2002, 08:49 AM
Hi everybody !

First of all please excuse my poor english, I hope it will be clear :p

I want to make a special effect like in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. When she kills a vampire he turns into dust and vanishes in the wind. I'd like to know how I can make this kind of effect.

I think the layer has to be turned into particles in order to make a desintegrating effect. I don't know if after effects can do that without any plugin. Or maybe I should use a Maya or something like it ?

Ian Jones
11-24-2002, 12:02 AM
Try...

effect > simulation > particle playground / shatter

Per-Anders
11-24-2002, 08:15 AM
or i you dont ahve the production bundle (i believve that particle playground is pb only still?) you can use layer mode, and change that to dancing disolve, animate teh opacity for more or less disolved, then use some motion blur or radial blur on it, and possibly a little distortion and you may be able to get a passable effect without aid of plugins.

seb4d
11-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Ok we have Production Bundle at school, so i'll try particles. I'll also try layer mode.

Thanks for your help guys !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.