PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill The Movie poster contest

iChiaz
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Think you're a fan of Silent Hill? Prove it. Design your own movie poster! Everything you need is right here -- photos, titles, key guidelines, etc. The winning poster may be printed and may be distributed to theaters. So get those creative juices flowing, design and submit your poster by January 3, 2006. Then get all your friends to vote for your poster starting January 4, 2006 because the winning artist gets $2,500 cash, 25 passes to see the movie, and more.

More info HERE (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/postercontest/rules.html)

JeroenDStout
12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
And if you have time left I've got a contest to make a game I have planned :) this is just working through buckets of hours of work and then paying one man an above-average amount of money for having made one.

n order to become an official movie poster suitable for all audiences the poster must follow the guidelines listed below:
No nudity or sexual activity
No gun to camera/no shooting to camera
No gun to victim/no shooting to victim
No more than 2 guns may appear
No reference to drugs/drug paraphernalia
No offensive language or gestures
No blood
No violence towards women
No cruelty to animals
No mutations/mutilations/cadavers
No excessive violence or brutality
No rape/molestations
No people on fire
No people in explosion/people blown out of explosion
No exploiting/capitalizing on rating (i.e., "R has never gone this far", "Banned in Boston")
No demeaning of religion, race or national origin
Hmmm. Actually, just read over this list and note some of the rules. 'no violence towards women'.. :)

Pentagramma
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Damn! There goes my idea (about a naked atheist raping and molestating a few people on fire, and being blown out of an explosion in the mean time ... on drugs) .

JeroenDStout
12-06-2005, 07:20 PM
You forgot about the 3rd arm he installed so he could have 3 guns :)

greynite1
12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
KAAAAYYY alright so then the poster can't really be about silent hill at all because the first game alone has about 3/4 of that stuff already. :) thats just lame beyond lame although yes it doesn't have to be violent to still represent it but I'm just saying the original story of the game has alot of these elements to it. :)

eMPeck
12-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, and You have to be a US resident :P

lame.

erilaz
12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I get really tired of country-specific online competitions. I can sort of understand why they do it, but they should blazingly advertise it's major restrictions, instead of in the fine print.

kraal
12-06-2005, 11:20 PM
those rules have nothing specific to do with contest those rules are set up by the 'film commission' or who ever set it up due to censership as to what you can do to advertise a film

JeroenDStout
12-06-2005, 11:58 PM
those rules have nothing specific to do with contest those rules are set up by the 'film commission' or who ever set it up due to censership as to what you can do to advertise a film
I know. That's exactly why I had to laugh about them. It's almost hilarious, some of those points.

Grim Beefer
12-07-2005, 08:18 AM
It also says that "professionals" are off limits, whatever that means. I can be a professional and be unemployed, or have a job in the industry and be way below "professional" stature. Who's to say?

kraal
12-12-2005, 02:17 PM
proffessional in this case means you have made money doing this type of work....

ArtisticVisions
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Sounds interesting; maybe I'll try my luck in it.
EDIT: eh, never mind - just read some of the rules and restrictions. :rolleyes:

Knotter8
12-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Lol. Those guidelines are hypocrite indeed.

On the other hand ; they do create a premise where
you'll HAVE to really use your creativity. I mean, Silent
Hill's strength has always been about the 'suggestion',
instead of blunt in your face terror.

Kapow
12-19-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm kinda suspicious over how real this contest is.
The tech guidelines are:

<LI>Must be 481 pixels wide by 715 pixels tall at 72 dpi.
<LI>File Size must be no larger than 300k.
A poster isn't going to look very nice printed from an image at that size...

Wizdoc
12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm kinda suspicious over how real this contest is.
The tech guidelines are:

<LI>Must be 481 pixels wide by 715 pixels tall at 72 dpi.
<LI>File Size must be no larger than 300k.
A poster isn't going to look very nice printed from an image at that size...

I assumed they want to avoid clogging up their e-mails with people sending huge print-sized files. They'll probably sort the winner out of those screen-res ones and ask him/her to send a print res version after the announcement.

Then again, I would think they'd mention that to avoid further hassle down the line. Of course, I never saw those winners of the Resident Evil poster contest displayed anywhere in print either, so maybe it is just a publicity stunt.

eek
12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, and You have to be a US resident :P

lame.

Its pointless, i made a poster but found i could apply. I not a use citzen and im a graphics proffesional. Like WTF! Maybe ill post mine here, for a non-proffesional to use.

eek

Kapow
01-10-2006, 02:48 AM
The contest is set up in a very odd way this year. Instead of given the entries a page where the puklic can vote on individual pieces, those that entered and qualified are sent a link to their image so they can send it off to whomever they like and spam like crazy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 02:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.