PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Camera tracker - Getting it to work thread

IestynRoberts
12-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi guys, does anyone here use the Camera Tracker Voodoo? Does anyone know how to use the beast? I've tried god knows how many times now, playing about with it, chainging the values of some parameters and im having no luck what so ever when importing the data back into Maya - nothing makes sense at all, the imported camera has a mind of its own!

Is it possible for us here, to try our best to get the best results possible with the Software? Would anyone mind telling us - (i've read loads of times here that people struggle with Voodoo, but crack it in the end) how they go about getting decent enough results with Voodoo? Telling us what settings they changed, what's the best way to import a footage, how to know your film back & focal length, how to 'test' the track before exporting to the desired software etc etc? The possibilities with Voodoo is awsome! - A free Camera tracker - it's a damn shame we can't get it working!

I hope someone will help me out here.
-Iest

dbates
12-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't know Voodoo but I want to try it out over Christmas break. (Thanks for posting--I didn't know about it before now.)

--dbates

EDIT: You know about the digilab forums, right? Maybe they can help some. . .
http://therian.lfi-main.uni-hannover.de/digilabforum/

IestynRoberts
12-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi there dbates - many thanks for that link, did'nt have a clue it existed! I'll have a good look round this lunch time, and make a 'best of' from all the posts they have over there.

Thanks a lot
-Iest

Dutchman
12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
http://www.max-animation.com/voodoo_camera_tracker.htm

That tutorial seems to be a veeery interesting one! :eek: Although it works with Max (in the tutorial he demonstrates it with Max) I think it can be helpfull!

Have fun with it! Voodoo seems to be veery cool, especially now it also can track in complete 3D! (earlier versions could only track Pan/Tilt/Zoom) :twisted:

IestynRoberts
12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Excellent stuff Gijs! This is exactly what im looking for - thanks a lot for posting that link, if you've got more, keep 'em coming!

-Iest

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.