PDA

View Full Version : Only one cluster possible??

AlexK
12-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi guys,

I stumbled upon a lack of a feature. Or a bug. Or my own stupidity. That's for others to decide. :twisted:

I tried to use the Metamation effect today, but it won't let me load my main object, because that was already converted to a cluster by the MotionBlender effect. :banghead:

Is it not possible to load one object into two different cluster effects?? Is there a way around it - other than baking the scene via PO and creating a new scene with only Metamation? :cry:

Any kind of input would be great. PLEASE?

Suricate
12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't know whether I understood your problem, but can't you just make a copy of your object, rename it (both outside messiah) and then inside messiah apply the effect ?

AlexK
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
:)
I know it is complicated.

No, I can't do that, because I have my rigged object that has animation. Ok?
Now, I need this animated object to be replaced by my high poly object. For that I need the Metamation effect to work on my animated mesh. But that isn't possible, because part of the animation comes from a MotionBlender effect, which converted my geometry to a cluster. Metamation needs to convert the base geometry to a cluster itself, but it seems I can only create a cluster once (and I used the one time up by the MotionBlender).

I hope that is clearer now.

phenobarbidoll
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Just an idea...:shrug:
But if your mesh is rigged and already animated...can't you bake the animation(the high-poly-object without Metamation), then import your object and apply the MDD file, to finally use Metamation on top of that ?
...:blush:

AlexK
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, yes, that is my backup plan. I was just hoping I could go on without another baking step. :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.