PDA

View Full Version : Cloud the best things in life really are free.

laureato di arte
12-06-2005, 01:09 AM
I came across this beautiful game and i thought i had to share it with you all.

http://thatcloudgame.com/game.htm

download the game, everything about it is art. Its so nice to see that there are still developers who are not falling into the trap of just showing off eye candy!

jasonsco
12-07-2005, 05:35 AM
It's a really great game. All the creators are friends of mine and Bonedaddy's from our time at USC . . . everybody should check it out.

SalmonGod
12-07-2005, 05:56 AM
it looks really neat... I'll give it a try next chance I get

chrisWhite
12-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Looks really cool, the download wasn't working a few hours ago though. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Capel
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
man, that was awesome. what a great idea. i still haven't gotten around to working with the clouds. i'm get too distracted with just flying around, but i love it! the music is awesome. i hope they keep updating this with more levels and different terrain.

everyone should check this out. it's pretty relaxing.

S-m-i-l-e
12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
man, that was awesome. what a great idea. i still haven't gotten around to working with the clouds. i'm get too distracted with just flying around, but i love it! the music is awesome. i hope they keep updating this with more levels and different terrain.

everyone should check this out. it's pretty relaxing.
"(...) i'm get too distracted with just flying around..." - I know what you mean! :)

Just got a relaxing moment here, the music is freakin relaxing :love: should try it...

Cloud team - Congrats :thumbsup:

CGmonkey
12-07-2005, 10:25 PM
damn, it's almost like watching a ghibli film.

really impressive stuff!

laureato di arte
12-08-2005, 02:48 AM
im totally in love with this game, I have spent 40 pounds on worst games than this. This has the art style of makato shinkai and the gaming genius of shigeru miyamoto. I really wish the best for these guys.

Lunatique
12-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Can you guys download it? It seems the download links on that site all are dead?

TAMcCullough
12-08-2005, 05:59 AM
The torrent link is good. Speedy download for me.

Hats off to the cloud team. I absolutely loved it. Collecting clouds and making it rain was great fun. SO was just soaring around over the terrain and through the city.

I see a development deal being struck here. Could be one hell of a fantastic thing too.

Although its nice and free. But they obviously did it because they would like to make a living at it.

Fingers crossed for you.

Hazdaz
12-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Servers are down.

What kind of game it is anyways? The screenshots are not too descriptive.

Jozvex
12-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Think Half-Life2 only with no violence, Gordon can fly, and there's less normal mapping.

It's surprisingly entertaining!

:)

Digit
12-08-2005, 09:04 AM
I really want to try this out but none of the links including the torrent will do anything!

yeoj
12-08-2005, 09:23 AM
hmmm, i have to check this one out when i get home from work... :bounce:

laureato di arte
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM
I think there must be some problem with there servers, have you all registered to the site?

Peddy
12-08-2005, 11:51 AM
what a fantastic game! i once had a partially completed film concept which was heavily engraved in my heart which was about clouds. This game really harmonises with me. I can just imagine the possibilities visually with this game. The music is brilliant!

laureato di arte
12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
its so simple yet so beautiful.

chrisWhite
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
The torrent should work, I'm seeding right now, as well as 111 other people.

antweiler
12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
im sorry, it still doesnt work here. I can download a flie fo 4 kb thats not the game. neither firefox nor IE. :sad:

Stormy151
12-08-2005, 07:28 PM
im sorry, it still doesnt work here. I can download a flie fo 4 kb thats not the game. neither firefox nor IE. :sad:

That's the bittorrent file. Now open that with a bit torrent client, and it will begin the download.

Hazdaz
12-08-2005, 07:42 PM
its so simple yet so beautiful.
But I thought graphics didn't matter?? (atleast according to your post about the lame duck Revolution). :twisted:
:D
By the way, I am just teasing... I am actually trying to download it now. More than a little intriques by all the commotion.

laureato di arte
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
But I thought graphics didn't matter?? (atleast according to your post about the lame duck Revolution). :twisted:
:D
By the way, I am just teasing... I am actually trying to download it now. More than a little intriques by all the commotion.

lol lol lol, u will soon see it isnt the graphics that are beautiful, it is the whole art direction of the game. I really need to stop playing this game and get on with my assignments....

TAMcCullough
12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm seeding the torrent. Get down on it.

Ultimatebadass
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Definitely good stuff :applause: Way more fun then some games you have to pay for.

Hazdaz
12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Meh.

I just tried it real quick before and didn't "get it" - as to what you are supposed to be doing. I'll try it out tonight when I have some more time.

laureato di arte - I thought the graphics were a little too pixelated and there wasn't enough specular highlights in the character. Also the illusion of wind and other physics was sub-par. The textures were fairly flat and the water effects were unconvincing. :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.