PDA

View Full Version : X3: Teaser trailer out now...

gingamonkey
12-05-2005, 11:55 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/)

JDex
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Downloading...

Mmmmm... gonna reserve judgement. Kindof a luke-warm response from me. Just a teaser.

JeroenDStout
12-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I loathe the day 'teaser trailers' were invented. So now that the trailer gives the whole plot away we have to have a 'teaser' trailer which hints at the plot!

... for a game!

Bsmith
12-06-2005, 12:14 AM
omg...that looked 100 times better than what I was expecting... I can breathe now

SheepFactory
12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
wow! i cant wait to see this movie :love:

PaulAdams
12-06-2005, 12:37 AM
'Was hoping Juggernaut would be 3 times as big as he is there. Shame.

Beast looks fantastic though.

Antonbomb22
12-06-2005, 12:39 AM
looked very cool, i anxiously await more footage. go go phoenix:D and did storm change her hair cause of the x-men rise of the apocalypse game? anyways very well done and it doesnt seen to be too far behind as it may seem with all those directorial change ups.

gunslingerblack
12-06-2005, 12:41 AM
ok trailer spoilers*

damn i forgot vinnie jones was in it as juggernaut, looks damn good, pyro, dark phoenix, magneto, shadowcat, angel, beast looks hella good(i can't believe that's kelsey grammar), colossus, rogue, iceman, cyclops, wolverine, storm,

i wouldn't be surprised if we saw gambit hangin with the brotherhood on this one.

cannot wait

edit:

just checked imdb,

m from that newer xmen team that jubilee was in will be in it
jubilee
callisto
emma frost
leech
and the one i was most stoked about

...OMEGA RED....

JWRodegher
12-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Beast looks really good. Juggernaut, yeah, he should be a lot bigger. Seems like there will be a violent war with magnus and all. By the way, storm looks way better now, dont know why...
Kinda looking foward to this one, now I canīt wait to see more...

rblitz7
12-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh wow x3 is gona rock!!:bounce: Woah Beast is Kelsey Grammer! thats cool! He should be good.

Enayla
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
I find myself very excited.

I adore the look on Kelsey Grammer – I don't think they could have found someone more perfect for the part. He has the flawless type of posh that I always associated with Beast, at the same time as he – at least in the photos and in this trailer – manages that beastial, primal appearance. Wonderful.

I love that they changed Storm's hair, regardless of what it used to look like in the comics I think the way she was styled in the other movies was awful.

I'm unhappy to see Nightcrawler won't be in this. I'm not pleased with Bryan Singer off the project :/ I loved what he did to the other movies. I really don't like the look of Angel – he was always described as uncommonly pretty, and that guy really isn't. But I'm open for the possibility that this will rock – I didn't think the second movie would top the first, but it did, and maybe this might be even better. If I can live with what the movies changed in Rogue, I can certainly deal with what Angel looks like, ha ha.

Whee, can't wait!

gavin_hughes
12-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Who is that hairy blue dude?
errr... what?

its obviously beast, one of the most recognizable characters of xmen.

anyway, too bad we all know the plot/story/ending by now, or at leasat have an idea.

theres no need to hope for a good ending or itneresting plot, [a la sin city]

grrrrr... :argh:

Shaderhacker
12-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm very interested in this movie.. however, I am totally against the look of Juggernaut. He should've been all CG. Juggernaut is just a giant with a huge suit on him (you can't see his skin where his chest is).

Oh well...

-M

CB_3D
12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Colossus throwing Wolverine. Brotherhood of mutants. Massive battles in Terminator-like scenarios. phoenix teaming up with magneto. golden gate bridge being torn to pieces. Storm finally showing some high powered fighting.

Man oh man, this looks GOOD! this looks BIG!

yeah, they got me hyped with this teaser!!

CB_3D
12-06-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm very interested in this movie.. however, I am totally against the look of Juggernaut. He should've been all CG. Juggernaut is just a giant with a huge suit on him (you can't see his skin where his chest is).

Oh well...

-M

I donīt get it? Whoīs suposed to be juggernaut in the teaser?!

EDIT: ahh ok, the muscleguy with the helmet. ok, indded not as big as he should be.

rocarpen
12-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow... if you're from Vancouver, the teaser is frigging distracting at times. There's the Rose Garden, there's Cecil Green, there's Pacific Spirit Forest, there's the interior, etc. I'm wondering if other people (not from Vancouver) ever pick up on the consistently rainy-grey-overcast-trees look of Vancouver shoots (hello, Electra). Anyone?

Movie looks okay, I guess. Funny that the bisexual boyfriend Russell from Six Feet Under is playing a ripped Angel.

hiphopcr
12-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Looks good! Bigger than the other ones, I'm hoping Bruce Rater can bring a more real feel to the series (like Christopher Nolan did with Batman Begins) but that's just my wishful thinking. And I totally agree about Juggernaut, he needs to be huge like in the Capcom vs. Marvel games :(

Storm's doing that spinny a lot?

Maverick3d
12-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Just two things:

I keep expecting Kelsey Grammer to yell "Cookies! Num num num!"

And

In almost every shot of Storm she's spinning around like in the 70's Wonder Woman show, or the Tasmanian Devil.

The kicker is that they look to be shots taken from at least 3 different scenes.

Does the director have some kind of spinning fetish?
Or maybe it's a compromise to not having her fly?

CB_3D
12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Itīs the trademark Storm tornado spin,LOL.
I really do hope she flies properly in this one, at least once. They have 6 months postproduction time for this.

Storm and Angel flying side by side is a classic Xmen moment, it would be such a waste not to have it!

CB_3D
12-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Cyclops has lead fillings in his teeth. That makes him really vulnerable to Magnetosīs powers!

dmonk
12-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Did anyone else catch the "Fastball Special" with Wolvie towards the end of the trailer?

Very Excited!:bounce:

gunslingerblack
12-06-2005, 03:20 AM
i was just on the main site, it appears that one of the women standing next to magneto in his grand speach is none other than callisto of the morlocks.

which means that since leech is also in the movie it's a good bet that the morlocks are the ones being led by magneto against humanity. nice touch

KolbyJukes
12-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Did anyone else catch the "Fastball Special" with Wolvie towards the end of the trailer?

yep, I saw that. Looks sweet. I didn't know the guy who plays colossus is 6"8. crazy.

Beast and Angel look great.

I'm totally bummed with Juggernaut. He looks like a he-man character. I really would've prefered they just dress him in a leather suit and throw a cooler helmet on him. Showing all that skin is just...not cool looking.

My Fault
12-06-2005, 03:42 AM
errr... what?

its obviously beast, one of the most recognizable characters of xmen.

anyway, too bad we all know the plot/story/ending by now, or at leasat have an idea.

theres no need to hope for a good ending or itneresting plot, [a la sin city]

grrrrr... :argh:

Maybe because Beast looks so ridiculous he didn't recognize who it was. Why oh why are they giving this franchise to Brett Ratner? Are they trying to kill it? Ugh!

barbapapa
12-06-2005, 03:43 AM
does any one has the direct link?

Bonedaddy
12-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Could be good, but I'm withholding judgement. If even one tenth of the crap I've read on the net about this movie is true, it is going to suck harder than a dehydrated hooker.

SheepFactory
12-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Hmm i just found out its from the director of rush hour 2 :(

EpShot
12-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Hmm i just found out its from the director of rush hour 2 :(
well, the first one also. never did see the second, but i very much enjoyed the first.

Geta-Ve
12-06-2005, 05:57 AM
wow.. juggernaught (sp?) is a total letdown.. other than that *thumbs up* from me :)

TheChosen1
12-06-2005, 06:46 AM
The Beast looked good until I slowed it down and saw the shot of the Beast with his arms bared. His body fur looks a bit muppetish and he could be bigger. Juggernaut looked like a buff Magneto. Overall, it looks good. I got used to the first two and I'm sure this will be no different. Xmen 2 was an excellent film.

I wonder if any of what we saw was a danger room scenario?

McC
12-06-2005, 06:51 AM
For those dissatisfied with the appearance of Juggernaut, bear in mind that some of the original costumes simply would not translate. The X-men movies are supposed to be much more real feeling than the comics, and as such we don't see things such as Magneto shooting purple bolts of energy and such. Instead, he manipulates the magnetic field -- as he's supposed to do. I think Juggernaut looks really good, personally. Small, yes, but Sabretooth has always been depicted as much larger than normal as well, but he was not overly so in the first X-men movie.

As to those decrying Brett Ratner and suggesting that he will sink the franchise, I can say only wait and see. When I heard the guy who directed Apt Pupil was to direct X-men, I was wary to say the least. What did a guy who does a movie about a crazy German soldier know about doing X-men? He obviously proved my misgivings wrong, and I would encourage everyone to give Ratner the same benefit of the doubt. It may be that he indeed ends up screwing up. It may also be that he pulls off a spectacular movie. Do not let the fact that it is not necessarily Bryan Singer's X-men 3 cloud your judgment as to whether or not it ends up being a good movie.

Another thing is regarding those who have read certain spoilers and feel that those spoilers will make the movie terrible in their own right. I tell those peple to evaluate them not from the perspective of continuity, but from the perspective of dramatic potential. If something happens because it makes dramatic sense, then it is absolutely a good decision. We shall see if these particular events do that or not.

Personally, I was already cautiously optimistic about this film, and this trailer has made me absolutely exuberant.

My Fault
12-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Uh Ryan, to even compare Brett Ratner to the guy that made The Usual Suspects is kinda nutty. Bryan Singer made good films before XMen and I do not know anyone who knew his films that was really worried about it, but Brett Ratner has made zero quality films. He really is a potential franchise killer. Maybe when they do an actual trailer that you can tell something from I will be less concerned.

Rasmus Pultz
12-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Looks much better than expected. I got very worried when Brett Ratner was assigned as director, however this looks promising.

Bryan Singer made good films before XMen and I do not know anyone who knew his films that was really worried about it, but Brett Ratner has made zero quality films.

It's all a matter of taste, but I did enjoy Money Talks, Rush Hour 1+2 and Red Dragon. I also think he demonstrated with Red Dragon, that he can make both comedy and suspense/thriller. I judge him as an average director. Hope Brett Ratner can maintain all of the aspects of X-Men 1 and 2.

We'll see :)

Btw. did anyone else notice what appears to be laser beams in the scene where Storm is "landing" - could of course be Cyclops, but it could also be Sentinels :D

[EDIT]
Some spelling errors.

McC
12-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Uh Ryan, to even compare Brett Ratner to the guy that made The Usual Suspects is kinda nutty. Bryan Singer made good films before XMen and I do not know anyone who knew his films that was really worried about itI did not mean to suggest that Bryan Singer was/is not a capable filmmaker -- he surely is, and his entire body of work demonstrates this. I merely mention this because of my (obviously misplaced) skepticism regarding his ability to tackle a 'comic book film,' for lack of a better term.

but Brett Ratner has made zero quality films. He really is a potential franchise killer.This is a subjective statement. Ratner did both Rush Hour films, which I thoroughly enjoyed. For that, he has earned the benefit of the doubt from me. He also did Red Dragon, which was fairly well-received, critically (based on Rotten Tomatoes), which suggests he is certainly capable of doing non-comedic drama.

A comparison of Ratner's movies vs. Singer's movies via Rotten Tomatoes ratings yields an average 43% rating for Ratner vs. an average 65% for Singer (not including his X-men films, which bring Singer's score up to 72%). Much of a film depends on the script and the actors as well -- can we truly associate anyone besides Hugh Jackman with Wolverine at this point? The writers from X2 (excepting Bryan Singer) have returned for X3, suggesting the story will have similar strengths and weaknesses. Given that X2 was generally regarded as the better of the two existing movies, this is encouraging.

Maybe when they do an actual trailer that you can tell something from I will be less concerned.Granted. I am viewing this through the lense of someone who has read additional spoilers, so the various quick cuts have a greater dramatic content for me than for someone unfamiliar with those spoilers.

eliseu gouveia
12-06-2005, 07:18 AM
I wish Superman Returnsītrailer had left me only 10% as excited as this trailer just did.

Nichod
12-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Really I think it looks great. Though appearances aren't everything. I hope the script is well done. I think the quality of a film depends more upon a good script at its core then on a director.

I wish Superman Returnsītrailer had left me only 10% as excited as this trailer just did.
Not to be off topic. But I thought the Superman Returns trailer was incredible. Sorry you don't feel that way. Of course I remember the originals and this remake looks a LOT better. The cape actually whips in the wind...hehe...

Lorecanth
12-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I thought juggernaut only became HUGE when he had his helmet on...in that shot he did not.

nickepstein
12-06-2005, 09:33 AM
imho better than the superman teaser, but i can't believe it's going to be a better movie (seen some bits from superman and it's seriously impressive). time will tell i guess.

gingamonkey
12-06-2005, 10:06 AM
For those of you at work who can't actually download Quicktime content because of firewalls, et cetera, here is a direct link to the HD version (which fits snugly on a 1280x1024 monitor)...

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h720p.mov (http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h720p.mov)

Looking good I reckon, shame there is no Nightcrawler. But I guess the FX houses are breathing a huge sigh of relief - they have enough to contend with by the looks of things! :D

Neil

barbapapa
12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
thanks for the link watti, now downloading. Now Ill be able to see it

angel
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I thought juggernaut only became HUGE when he had his helmet on...in that shot he did not.

exactly, I thought he was in the containment chamber. He shouldn't have had a helment on in there that looks so close to the actual suit helmet.

I don't know what to think about beast yet, I laughed about the looks but on the other hand Grammer should be good as a scientist... will see. It seems that finally they are getting to the big conflict plots.

Teyon
12-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I won't comment much on the film, as I can only tell a little of the story from it. Juggie (http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/j/juggernaut.htm) actually is bigger...taller than Collossus...without his suit/helmet (6'10"). Just read the bar fight he and Piotr had back when John Romita Jr. was doing the book to get a good idea on what a more realistic approach to his mass would be. Regardless of that though, since he's in there and if the story lets him be cool, I won't complain. The big blue fur ball on the other hand needs some postwork. His body fur stops at his collar bone in the film. I'm really hoping they fill up his neck with it in post or he'll look like he's wearing a blue furry suit and face paint...which I guess he is. I'm looking foward to it though, with Storm seemingly leading the team in parts of it, I know Halle is happier in her role now. She was complaining about not doing much in the previous films.

shy-guy
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh boy... im excited. Okey, so brett ratner is not brian singer, but im sure he has a lot of presure on him to at least meet the level of quality that the previous two had. Im glad to see a lot of new characters, i just hope that this doesnīt get in the way of telling a coherent story.

Buuuut, where Gambiiiiiiiiit? :cry: :cry: :cry:

heavyness
12-06-2005, 05:26 PM

Oh well...

-M

yeah, i'm bummed about Juggernaut to. also, Singer not directing makes me a bit nervous. but other then that, looking good.

also, Omega Red? nice...

dax3d
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I have to admit I'm a huge Superman nut (though Xmen too), and was only excited by Marlon Brando narrating and use of the original them.

This trailer looked great, and I never would have expected it. Actually, they're calling it a "pre-teaser?". Wow, showed more than the Superman Returns teaser. Looking forward to a more action oriented Xmen movie.

...though I think Beast looks like the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz with blue fur.

angel
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I just realized that Juggernaut is in the forest meeting shot... with the same helmet and costume. Yeah he should be bigger, humm let's see how this one plays out.

PokeChop
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Good pic of Kelsey on USA Today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

WeirdoStudio
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
could anyone post a direct link to the large version of the trailer download?? 4 some reason my browser wont work to view the movie..

smoothoperator
12-06-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm a big fan but I wasn't impressed with the trailer. What's with the music?? And the first shot of Angel with his wing span should've been different in my opinion. I was impressed when I saw "Constantine" and the shot of Gabriel. With xmen I would've liked to see him with a more exagerated camera angle and moody lighting. Maybe his wings fluttering hitting a hanging light above causing it to flicker and shake. I dunno..something more moody. I was looking forward to seeing him and it was just ...blaa..there. that was the effect on me...anyway. I hope the movie is good. As for beast I'm not feeling the subtle intelligence feeling. I feel like it's not his real skin...like it's a burden to display that look. Maybe I'm the only one.
I also think they should've made juggernaut bigger. they did it in Lord of the Rings with the hobbits being smaller. Why not with this movie? I dunno...I have different views from the comic book series i guess. Can't please everyone right? I just hope it kicks ass.

DAZZAN
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Ok, saw it ,then saw it again,then once more,then i must have had a bit of embolism,because this is starting to recall one of my favourite x comics.

Most of the classic new xmen are there.

The terminater look/ Days of Future Past?

The President ? is he trying to call a halt to it?

What can he do to stop a Army of Mutants fighting each other?

What weapons can he use.

Well if Ratner has got a Pair of balls,and says hes a massive fan,there is only one choice.

SENTINALS.

DARTH PURPLE ....RISE...?

EpShot
12-06-2005, 11:20 PM
well, collosus is throwing wolverine at something/someone. and thre is a purple lens flare at the end of the frame....

i really shuoldnt get my hopes up.. = /

gunslingerblack
12-06-2005, 11:35 PM
well, collosus is throwing wolverine at something/someone. and thre is a purple lens flare at the end of the frame....

dude that was one of thier signature moves...why is that discouraging

umfridus
12-07-2005, 12:22 AM
So the director wants this movie to rely more on stunts and less on special effects. Does that mean it will more resemble the Rush Hour franchise? *shudders*

visionist
12-07-2005, 01:55 AM
dude that was one of thier signature moves...why is that discouraging

He is not saying that the Fastball special is discouraging. He mentions that there is a purple lens flare that could very well be sentinels.

LmB

CB_3D
12-07-2005, 02:01 AM
Only after reading about it here i noticed this lensflare. It would be very cool if this was a sentinel, but my bet is that itīs a helicopter.

Spriggan12
12-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Ok let me go ahead and make my prediction for this movie. My record is pretty good. X-Men 3 will make more $$ than the two previous films. Why? It has stylistic characters that are awesome to look at while in action.

We have the clever/OB1 Patrick Stewart who was born for this role. He keeps getting better and better.

We have Halle Berry as storm(minus what u say about her) she looks beautiful and my heart just skips a beat at each frame she's in. We have Jean Grey(the lady from Nip Tuck) is just beautiful and stylish. As Phoeniz she's awesome.

We have the bad guys vs the good guys again. With Magneto surpassing everyones espectations from the first film.He's turned out to be a perfect cast for this franchise. Works well against Professor Xavier.

We have the new characters: Beast, Juggernaut, Arch-Angel, the heroes and villians from the last movies and especially the Hot Blue Chick(Mystique). She's 100% nude in every scene yet this movie will still get a PG-13. Awesome

People, when amovie enters its 3rd phase, its pretty much a sure shot unless the director inserts nipples on the rubber suits.

Kelsey Grammer as Beast Man is a sure winner for the fans of X-Men

We've wanted Beast since episode 1 and now we got him.

Next: Bring up Centinels and Apocalypse. X Men 4 and 5.

One of them is definately coming? Guess who?

eliseu gouveia
12-07-2005, 06:46 AM
I think Iīm just happy to learn that Gambit will be missing.

DAZZAN
12-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Well to be honest with you,if it is a sentinal,and since its an effect,someone at cg talk is holding out a secret on us.

Wanna fill us in.....we wont tell .....honest!

DAZZAN
12-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Oh Yes the other give away is that if collosus is throwing Wolverine up high..
Towards what?
What have we seen thats that high.
Adds up.
This was used in the classic Days of Future Past.
Also i thought this was a back to back movie?

Guray
12-07-2005, 11:29 AM
As a fan myself,

I aggree with smooth operater about juggernut it should be a bigger fellow ( maybe they should gotten one of those big wrestlers from WWW). I liked the wing scene but I think the Angel should've been a taller guy. Sorry Ben Foster. Yeah I just watched the teaser again Juggernuts muscles doesn't look realistic either.
(member.php?u=47206)

CB_3D
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh Yes the other give away is that if collosus is throwing Wolverine up high..
Towards what?
What have we seen thats that high.

He-li-cop-ter!!

I remeber they said several times there wonīt be any Sentinals in this one. But then again, they could be holding back for the surprise.

I mean, what could cause that much destruction? Who teras the Golden gate bridge apart, Magneto??

dax3d
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I mean, what could cause that much destruction? Who teras the Golden gate bridge apart, Magneto??

In the comics he could.

Teyon
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Smooth Operator, The Beast (Hank McCoy) got blue and furry accidentally as I recall. He was actually just an oversized muscle man with very large hands and feet for many years. So, in that sense, it was a burden for Hank. He was pretty upset about it for awhile, especially since it meant he would most likely find it hard to date. There was an issue of X-Factor where he practically admitted to that fact. He was dating a reporter, Trish Tilliby I think, and was always pensive about her feelings towards his appearance.

Edit - Lord I 'm a geek.

visionist
12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Smooth Operator, The Beast (Hank McCoy) got blue and furry accidentally as I recall. He was actually just an oversized muscle man with very large hands and feet for many years. So, in that sense, it was a burden for Hank. He was pretty upset about it for awhile, especially since it meant he would most likely find it hard to date. There was an issue of X-Factor where he practically admitted to that fact. He was dating a reporter, Trish Tilliby I think, and was always pensive about her feelings towards his appearance.

Edit - Lord I 'm a geek.

I thought Hank was slowly turning into that thing and he was experimenting on himself to prevent the inevitable, but it just increased the speed turning him into the Blue beast. But, he was going to turn into it eventually.

Teyon
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
According to Wikpedia (and my memory) it was an accident that further mutated him. Quote from Wikpedia:
He isolated a chemical catalyst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyst) in hope of reducing the freakish aspects of his appearance, but it instead mutated him further, as he grew gray fur all over his body (which later turned blue), and acquired sharp ears, elongated canine teeth, claws, enhanced senses and an accelerated healing factor.

krispee
12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
i may be wrong here but i was given to believe that there would be no more x-men films, this was the last one, after this they`re going to work on a wolverine project and a magneto project, going back to his early years or something like that.....

i`m not familiar with the x-men comics but was a bit disappointed with the look of Juggernaut after viewing the teaser, of course when you see what he can do it might make it easier to connect him with the comic character, in the teaser you don`t see him actually doing anything.....

beast looked ok though, had a certain gravitas look about him.....

krispee

heavyness
12-08-2005, 07:18 PM
mean, what could cause that much destruction? Who teras the Golden gate bridge apart, Magneto??

Magneto could rip the X-Men apart if he wanted to, he is that, damn, powerful. the only thing stopping him is Professor X and the fact they are mutants and Magneto would rather convert them his side...

but anyways, Magneto could kill you with your own filling in your teeth from 150 miles away, blind folded...

CB_3D
12-08-2005, 11:08 PM
but anyways, Magneto could kill you with your own filling in your teeth from 150 miles away, blind folded...

Yeah, thatīs why i am really worried about Cyclops after seeing him scream in the teaser...

angel
12-08-2005, 11:33 PM
yeah they better fix that, looks plain ugly.

heavyness
12-09-2005, 05:44 AM
who's funeral are they attending?

******possible spoiler, but just thinking****

my friend is saying they are killing him Professor X because...

a] he isn't at the funeral
b] in the voice over, he says there will have to be a sacrifcie
c] he closes his eyes

..i know, far fetched, but maybe?

also, why is Dark Phoenix with Magneto? i know she was almost in as the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, but...

Bonedaddy
12-09-2005, 06:24 AM
who's funeral are they attending?

******possible spoiler, but just thinking****

my friend is saying they are killing him Professor X because...

a] he isn't at the funeral
b] in the voice over, he says there will have to be a sacrifcie
c] he closes his eyes

..i know, far fetched, but maybe?

also, why is Dark Phoenix with Magneto? i know she was almost in as the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, but...

She could be mind controlled. That was why she was with the Hellfire Club back in the day.

Also, there was a script leak awhile back that says who dies in the movie. If you search the net you can find it. I don't know if it's true, but if so, I think it's a surefire way to drive the franchise into the ground...

Art2
12-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Also, there was a script leak awhile back that says who dies in the movie. If you search the net you can find it. I don't know if it's true, but if so, I think it's a surefire way to drive the franchise into the ground...

:cry::cry:
Aaand on top of that, the worst character -Halle Berry as Storm- will get a leading role, pushing others off the screen...
:cry:

chrisWhite
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
She could be mind controlled. That was why she was with the Hellfire Club back in the day.

Just read it, wow...somebody should be shot.

krispee
12-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Halle Berry as Storm- will get a leading role, pushing others off the screen...

i haven`t got a problem with this, i liked her character Storm in the movies, if she didn`t look so good then that`s probably the fault of the makers for not giving her enough to do.....perhaps we`ll see the real Storm in x3....

krispee

kraal
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
in the comics xmen die all the time but eventually 'they get better'

JeroenDStout
12-09-2005, 08:06 PM
in the comics xmen die all the time but eventually 'they get better'

In a world where even Zorro can't just stay dead I think we have little to worry about 'deaths' of X-men.

Deathcricket
12-10-2005, 06:36 PM
'Was hoping Juggernaut would be 3 times as big as he is there. Shame.

Beast looks fantastic though.

Quoted for agreement. I'm still hoping the scenes we saw are him in "normal mode" with his helmet off. If I recall correctly he doesn't get all huge until he puts it on.

I'm also not digging the shots of beast's outfit. But of course will reserve judgement until I see him for more than 2 seconds. Kelsey Grammer (sp?) should be perfect though, they could not have done a better job casting IMO.

This series just keeps gettign better and better!

-D-

kmest
12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
what could cause that much destruction? Who teras the Golden gate bridge apart, Magneto??
maybe APOCALYPSE......he's the most powerfull of them all....cant wait to see him in future movies.....aside with his partner mr. sinister of coarse

CB_3D
12-11-2005, 01:44 AM
maybe APOCALYPSE......

Drooooool:applause:

heavyness
12-11-2005, 03:34 AM
maybe APOCALYPSE......he's the most powerfull of them all....cant wait to see him in future movies.....aside with his partner mr. sinister of coarse

***spoiler***

that would tie in with who is suppose to die in this movie

kmest
12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
i certainly hope so.....but i think he's too much fantasy for these movies...

Joss
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Well here's an idea for Juggernaut. They can use the cg model of Hulk from I.L.M. I mean this guy has to be bigger right? That's the solution.

Bonedaddy
12-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Apocalypse would just be weird to add. Okay, mutant power of immortality, I can buy. He's from ancient Egypt. Fine. He's assimilated alien technology that was used to build the pyramids...? Huh? Pharaoh Ramses was actually Kang the Conqueror? WTF?

Same with Mister Sinister. "So this immortal, alien-technology-hybrid mutant from ancient Egypt woke up in the Victorian era and made this guy into a mutant." "He wasn't a mutant before?" "No." "So what's his power?" "Uh. He has a lot of them. He's smart. And can shapechange. And is super strong. And I think he can blast energy or something." "Uh, okay." "He was going to take over the world once, except he was stopped by a time traveling Jean Grey and Scott Summers, so he hates them a lot." "Ooookay...."

With Juggernaut they can at least change up his origin from "magic crystal" to "mutant power" and not really affect anything. I wonder if they'll keep the Prof. X connection though.

kmest
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Apocalypse would just be weird to add. Okay, mutant power of immortality, I can buy. He's from ancient Egypt. Fine. He's assimilated alien technology that was used to build the pyramids...? Huh? Pharaoh Ramses was actually Kang the Conqueror? WTF?

Same with Mister Sinister. "So this immortal, alien-technology-hybrid mutant from ancient Egypt woke up in the Victorian era and made this guy into a mutant." "He wasn't a mutant before?" "No." "So what's his power?" "Uh. He has a lot of them. He's smart. And can shapechange. And is super strong. And I think he can blast energy or something." "Uh, okay." "He was going to take over the world once, except he was stopped by a time traveling Jean Grey and Scott Summers, so he hates them a lot." "Ooookay....".

no problem jason......just hire stephen sommers (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0814085/)and his ILM Friends....and they'll be soooooooo happy to bring them alive for yahttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif
and you'll be sure to see them as big and muscular as they're in comicshttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

kraal
12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm still hoping the scenes we saw are him in "normal mode" with his helmet off. If I recall correctly he doesn't get all huge until he puts it on.

-D-
that is not true the helmet just protects him from psychic attacks

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.