PDA

View Full Version : Miyamoto Talks about Nitendo's REVOLUTION!

RobertoOrtiz
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote:
"Miyamoto keeps dropping his receiver, which is connected to an earpiece through which English is translated into Japanese. The perky student that greeted me at the door tells me that they didn’t have money for a Japanese-to-English translator, meaning that I have to pay extra attention to what Miyamoto’s saying right now. He’s talking about the Revolution controller.

“People’s idea that video games were American grade school kids with their face pressed up against the TV made us want to design the new controller,” Miyamoto says.
Walker nods as the rotund man whispers, while Kojima sits there looking at the floor. Bushnell’s holding that mic. “Boring things,” Miyamoto says, “will become interesting. But, I can’t say any more.”"

>>Link<< (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/diec-2005/diec-what-kinda-revolu-game-would-kojima-design-140762.php)

-R

eks
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
GamesIndustry.biz is more over Bushnell´s, (Atari founder in the 70s):

>>Link<< (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=13404)

"If you look at today’s controller with triangles, Xs, squares and circles, it’s scary. It’s like a keyboard. People are interface phobic.”

Btw, that common people is "interface phobic" I totally agree, but... c'mon, 44 million gamers in 1982 against 18 million today is a bit over the top, isn't it?

eks

heavyness
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
i always thought controllers are a bit "ancient" in an industry that constantly innovates. i always liked the feel of the mouse when gaming. nothing feels more natural then looking around in Half Life 2 with the mouse. analog sticks on controllers have that feeling a bit, but its more "emulated" when compared to a mouse.

but, i can't imagine using anything else to play Zelda or Resident Evil then a controller. its become a standard that might be to hard to replace [like a mouse on a pc]. but if any company can create something that changes everyone's habits, its Nintendo.

but i'm open minded and waiting, can't wait to play it.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.