PDA

View Full Version : holographic Texture advice needed.

R1PPER
12-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Guys...i need to make up a Toothpaste pack. But the graphics are printed onto holographic card. Im pretty clueless as to mixing textures and need a spectral grad to not effect the graphics too much yet still Sparkle and shine. Any help welcomed as always.

SteveB
12-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Hi - have you tried using the "spectral" shader in conjunction with an alpha channel?

Good luck - Steve

AdamT
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Another option, which I used in the mother-of-pearl shader I posted in resources, is to double your geometry, scaling up the top object with Move Normal, and add the holographic color in the transparency channel of the top object. You could probably tie the gradient direction to camera position via falloff and/or fresnel via Xpresso if you need to animate.

IanMJ
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Howdy,

Rui has some examples on his site. His Solar Panel experiement reminds me of the sparkly foil print used on Tooth Paste packaging

Rui's experiments (http://www.ruimac.com/experiments.htm)

R1PPER
12-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the help guys...but i went for an animated spectral grad and overlayed it on the pack in after effects for maximum tweekability....Looks F00king great :)

jph
12-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Another option, which I used in the mother-of-pearl shader I posted in resources, is to double your geometry, scaling up the top object with Move Normal, and add the holographic color in the transparency channel of the top object. You could probably tie the gradient direction to camera position via falloff and/or fresnel via Xpresso if you need to animate.

...that´s where it is:

http://www.3danvil.com/MotherOfPearl.zip

noseman
12-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I was wondering if someone needed to make an animation of something with a holographic image on it, you could render an animation of the hologram (the image that we see as a hologram e.g. a globe or a bird) and change the texture image according to the camera angle.

Do you think this could work?

Srek
12-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if someone needed to make an animation of something with a holographic image on it, you could render an animation of the hologram (the image that we see as a hologram e.g. a globe or a bird) and change the texture image according to the camera angle.

Do you think this could work?

Rui created a COFFEE expression for this if i remember correctly. It's basicaly the same as RPC does.
Cheers
Björn

noseman
12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks for the info Srek!

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.