PDA

View Full Version : FR2 bucket rendering ?

sketchbook
12-05-2005, 07:39 AM
when bucket rendering:
1. can you use multiple platforms? render on macs on the network?

2. does the addition of multiple machines help so that you don't run out of memory as much ,as it splits up the project somehow?

3. i know there was talk over licencing, but i have not been able to keep up with all the threads, do you need just one license to do bucket rendering?

thanks all!

lllab
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
@1:
cebas say its possible, but mac version is not finished, between amd and intel i found no problems

@2:. as far as i undestand the bucktes save also a lot of memory, they just need what is needed to render the bucket instead of the whole image. so yes splitting up an image to 10cpus helps a lot with speed but also uses a lot less ram per machine.

i guess the master machine needs still a lot of ram as it is coordinating the DR and putting the buckets together.

@3: yes you need only one license to do bucket rendering on 10 machines.
go ahead and get it-its real great- all you ever wished from AR regarding GI, AA, MB plus nodes for materials.

cheers
stefan

sketchbook
12-05-2005, 09:56 AM
thank you sir. i need a PC first, and then i will purchase. my home built PC sucks so i converted it to a server, and it does great for that.

i am looking into a new pc as we speak. i already own R9 studio for the pc and mac, so i am good to go, almost.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2005, 09:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.