PDA

View Full Version : Layers Collapsing on Save

Freyja
12-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Hi!

I am currently test driving Painter IX for the Mac (I expect to find the full version under my Xmas tree!). I am in love, except for one extremely upsetting problem, as follows.

If I close an animation that I am working on, all the layer information will be gone when I reopen the file (everything is stuck on the canvas). If I am working on a static piece my layers are fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to keep my layers? Any help will be appreciated, I have been searching for clues but the animation help and tutorials that I have seen don't include information on saving.

Thanks in advance!

ElviratheCat
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
What format are you saving the file in some do not support layers, for instants jpg and tiff will collaspe layers. If you have saved it only as an animation it would have to be opened in a program tha will play the animation or display the frames.
Edie

Freyja
12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks!

I have been saving it with the default setting, ie, as a framestack document. After messing around a little more it seems that the only way to save layer information is to save each frame individually. Is that correct?

ElviratheCat
12-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I suspect so, I know the few times I ave made animations in Painter I used numbered saved files, but it has been awhile since I have made one as I usually use PaintShop Pro and Animation Shop and there I just create a layered image save it as a psp file and export to AS and do any frame edits ie speed etc there and save it in the animation format I want.
Edie

marlouin
12-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I think Painter don't support layers for animation. I also tried a bit last week and it doesn't seem to animate layers at all.

Jinbrown
12-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Freyja,

In the following section of the Help > Help Topics chapter, Animation and Video, you'll learn about working with Layers in a Painter animation:

Painter IX Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > Animation and Video

On the right panel, click the link named "Getting Started with Movies".

On the next page, scroll down and read the section named "Animating with Layers".

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2005, 05:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.