PDA

View Full Version : Weta sells Kong pieces online

Tim-Gibson
12-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Link (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3500439a28,00.html)

"Weta Collectibles has set up a website to begin selling King Kong memorabilia online, ahead of the film's worldwide release next week.

Part of the consumer products arm of director Peter Jackson's special effects powerhouse, Weta Collectibles is making its first solo attempt at distributing film merchandise.

For The Lord of the Rings trilogy, collectibles were made by Weta but distributed by an international partner, Sideshow Collectibles.

The site has eight King Kong collectibles in stock and eight from the Chronicles of Narnia film, due out this week. Weta Digital put together the special effects for both films..."

Weta collectibles: LINK (http://www.wetanz.com/collectibles/index.php)
Prices in the article are in New Zealand dollars. I've seen these in person, and they are very, very nice. Large also :)

Grizz

P_T
12-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Can I come to the studio and pick it up myself? It's in Miramar isn't it?

[OT] Man i used to see PJ bum around welly in his shorts before the fame... shoulda asked for his autograph... and a job... sigh...:sad:

rblitz7
12-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Wow! that stuff is cool, but is it worth the money?:shrug:

cgtalkiest
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow! that stuff is cool, but is it worth the money?:shrug:
hell no, i thought they meant like real maquettes used in the film making process, or some of the models made up for the t-rex, or actual mini model set designs made by the team etc....

this seems like fanboy stuff... i mean its too early for someone to like the film that much right? and spend hundreds of dollars on bookends?? i think thats very strange....

Morganism
12-05-2005, 04:08 PM
That chess set is pretty sweet though....whether you like the movie or not.

Boone
12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
If they were selling Stop-motion models of the monsters - I'd be first in line with my credit card! :buttrock:

Tim-Gibson
12-06-2005, 12:10 AM
hell no, i thought they meant like real maquettes used in the film making process, or some of the models made up for the t-rex, or actual mini model set designs made by the team etc....

You're right, they're not the original design maquettes, but they are made by the team that did those maquettes and were involved in the whole process. You can always paint them pinky brown tho' :) I often find the paint a lil' distracting anyway (bronze all the way!).

Personally, I'd much rather have models created by the people who have worked on the actual character design, than buy something that was made by another company in a different country.

This one's sitting in my cart right now: General Otmin (http://www.wetanz.com/collectibles/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=22)

NUKE-CG
12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
What's annoying is people from N.America/Europe will get it cheaper than us New Zealanders due to currency. That doesn't seem 'right'. :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.